Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Porsche

Porsche Porsche - the finest German Cars

Old 05-15-2004, 05:11 PM   #16
Paul_e
Regular User

How can you fucking say "original" judging by your signature (a ffs tuned 930). lamer, go tune a subaru shit.
Paul_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 05:16 PM   #17
Tomerville
Regular User

IMO, the 996 Turbo is my favorite because of its practicality. However, those '72 RS's are real beasts; the sound they make really stirs the soul.

"Time is a versitile performer: it flies, marches, heals all wounds, runs out and will tell"
-Franklin Jones

^The definition of grip. Nav+Bose (standard) Arctic Silver on Blue, Heaven on Earth. '05 911 Turbo^
Tomerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 05:22 PM   #18
PATo355
Regular User

Originally Posted by Paul_e
How can you fucking say "original" judging by your signature (a ffs tuned 930). lamer, go tune a subaru shit.

haha , you just posted about being polite , and what about you man ? Cool down .

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 05:32 PM   #19
Alucard13
Regular User

I just like the 1999 911 turbo that they drove on top gear with tiff needel but i think the 2005 model lokks awful
just my measly thought
Alucard13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 09:51 PM   #20
N.J.
Regular User

Originally Posted by Alucard13
I just like the 1999 911 turbo that they drove on top gear with tiff needel but i think the 2005 model lokks awful
just my measly thought
Great car - however, when compared to other 911s, EVO thought is was much the same as the 959 in that rather than being one with the machine like you are in a '73 RS, they thought that you're almost a passenger...less involvement - still awesome though.
N.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 01:47 AM   #21
tay
Regular User

Everyone always says the '73 RS is the best of all time. There was an article in Escellence recently where they polled famous porsche enthusiats and the number one reply was the Carrera GT as the greatest Porsche ever. I haven't driven it but if Clarkson was blown away than chances are it is insane. I'm a big 993 GT2 fan though and the Carrera SCs were also really nice.
tay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2004, 09:43 AM   #22
irrational_i
Regular User

I have not driven in a real one, although being a passenger in a replica.
It was amazing how nimble it seemed. Turn wheel and it goes where you want.

A friend and former racing driver (Owner of some Ferraris) had the chance to drive a properly set up track lightweight 3.0 RSR I think. (Replica too). He said it was amazing, once you got used to the weird handling characteristics, how well it drove. He also told me he reckons a well-driven lightweight will outperform many a mid-engined supercar on a track.
He was super impressed. It must be something to convince a Ferrari fanatic that a Porsche is a great car. 8)
irrational_i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 02:31 PM   #23
Ford Capri 2.8i
Regular User

For me the best porsche ever is the 993 turbo........(361bhp from a 3.6 engine)....once the sensations it are pure, due to the rear wheel drive system, hard pedals for change the gear, for brake, for accelerate.......and followed by a minimum distance.....for the 964 4 gearbox turbo....once its driving sensations are very similar to the 993 turbo......
Ford Capri 2.8i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 02:24 PM   #24
crayzayjay
Regular User

My fave 911 is the 993GT2, though the 2.8RSR and GT3RS come mighty close.

I know the mk1 GT3 lapped the ring in 7.56, but does anyone know what the current (mk2) GT3 and GT3RS lapped in? Cant find it anywhere

Some people become so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich i want to be.
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 02:27 PM   #25
crayzayjay
Regular User

Oh an btw, Capri, the 993 Turbo developed 408bhp and not 361. Gorgeous car

Some people become so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich i want to be.
Old 08-21-2004, 02:34 PM   #26
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by crayzayjay

I know the mk1 GT3 lapped the ring in 7.56, but does anyone know what the current (mk2) GT3 and GT3RS lapped in? Cant find it anywhere
MkII: 7:54 with HvS on the wheel, the MkI lap time had been set up by Walter Röhrl...
RS: 7:47 also with HvS from Sport Auto
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2004, 08:20 AM   #27
crayzayjay
Regular User

7.47!!! That's incredible! Excuse the ignorance, but who's HvS?

And im reading that youve driven a CGT, where's your write-up as i cant find it?

Thanks

Old 08-22-2004, 01:28 PM   #28
lakatu
Regular User

Originally Posted by crayzayjay

Try this website for a comparison of different car lap times on the Nurburgring http://www.track-challenge.com/main_e.asp All of these times are from the German Magazine Sport Auto and are driven by HvS (Horst von Saurma). If you want to learn more about him I'm sure you could find lots of info on the web . Other websites that feature NS lap times are:

http://www.bmwdeler.no/
http://www.nurburgring.de/?rubrik=rekorde&lang=eng

I would suggest that you read the thread "Porsche News". It has a ton of incredible information mostly from st-anger and contains his personal write ups of driving the GT2, GT3 RS and CGT. I know it is long but it is definitely well worth the time .
Old 08-22-2004, 08:21 PM   #29
crayzayjay
Regular User

I was aware of the two additional sites you listed but the first one is awesome, so much information. Can't find a lap time for the 993GT2. Still, saved to favourites and will no doubt be very useful. Thanks a heap

Guess I'll have to sift through the 50-odd pages of that thread to find St Anger's reports. dont think im gonna get much work done tomorrow...