Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Porsche

Porsche Porsche - the finest German Cars

Old 08-30-2004, 01:07 AM   #1
supercarfreak
Regular User

Default Carrera GT sound: inside vs. outside - so different

I just noticed something: how different the car sounds from inside the cabin and outside of it.

Yellow CGT doing a lap around a track - cockpit view: http://supercarfreak.net/741.mpg
Seal Grey CGT doing a lap around a different track - outside view: http://supercarfreak.net/vkd_carreragt_zandvoort.wmv
supercarfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 01:44 AM   #2
yg60m
Regular User

Yeah, true i notice that too but hopefully you can remove roofs so you can hear the engine from both inside and outside
Old 08-30-2004, 05:28 AM   #3
Sydbom
Regular User

its like this with ALL cars!
Old 08-30-2004, 10:28 AM   #4
TopGearNL
Regular User

Nice vid thanks
TopGearNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 11:04 AM   #5
supertouring
Regular User

If any of you guys have been to an F1 race, if you litsen closely you can hear F1 sound coming out of that car. If you take those mufflers out, I bet you can hear that F1 sound perfectly. There was a roumor that Porsche was looking into going to F1 as far as I know F1 engines are V10's, this street car is going to be it's testing grounds. Maybe to see how reliable the engine will be or something. I've drven my dream car the GT-2 and now there is a new dream car and it's the Carrera GT.
I hope I get lucky. Nice videos. 8)
supertouring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2004, 03:53 PM   #6
supercarfreak
Regular User

Originally Posted by Sydbom
its like this with ALL cars!
No, it isn't, not THAT different.
Old 08-30-2004, 05:32 PM   #7
TT
Regular User

Please dude, next time post in the multimedia forum in the Porsche section.. or else your topics will disappear when st-anger will see them
Old 08-30-2004, 05:40 PM   #8
sentra_dude

Originally Posted by supertouring
If any of you guys have been to an F1 race, if you litsen closely you can hear F1 sound coming out of that car. If you take those mufflers out, I bet you can hear that F1 sound perfectly. There was a roumor that Porsche was looking into going to F1 as far as I know F1 engines are V10's, this street car is going to be it's testing grounds. Maybe to see how reliable the engine will be or something. I've drven my dream car the GT-2 and now there is a new dream car and it's the Carrera GT.
I hope I get lucky. Nice videos. 8)
I highly doubt that...

Porsche originally built this engine for endurance racing, and its much larger than an F1 engine. Why would they use a road-engine as a testing ground for a racing-engine anyways?

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 06:21 PM   #9
crayzayjay
Regular User

Originally Posted by supertouring
There was a roumor that Porsche was looking into going to F1 as far as I know F1 engines are V10's, this street car is going to be it's testing grounds. Maybe to see how reliable the engine will be or something.
Im sorry to say that isnt true. The V10 engines used in F1 cars have much smaller capacity, 3.0 vs the CGT's 5.7, which was designed for a Le Mans racer and absolutely nothing to do with F1

Some people become so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich i want to be.
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 12:45 AM   #10
zmydust823
Regular User

holy crap that thing sounds so nice...but on that top gear they did it seems like if u push it, on the turns it will kick ur ass
Old 09-01-2004, 04:11 AM   #11
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Please dude, next time post in the multimedia forum in the Porsche section.. or else your topics will disappear when st-anger will see them
agree...

plz guyz, this one would be just perfect for "Q&A Porsche discussion" or as matteo mentioned "Multi"...
so again, plz help me out a bit an post in the "right" forum, THX...
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 12:47 PM   #12
astonmartinandy
Regular User

That's an interesting point that I had never really thought about before. True, all cars sounds different from the outside, but this really is an incredible change in sound. Can anyone explain why there is such a difference in noise?
"It's not long before Marco arrives, but he's at least five minutes behind an epic wall of noise that's been bouncing off the rock faces like a sonic pinball. Onlookers, of which there are many, seem relieved when the livid red Ferrari skims into view, happier still when they see it's driven by a friendly Italian, and not, as the thunderous sound effects suggested, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse." Evo #059
astonmartinandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 03:56 PM   #13
supercarfreak
Regular User

i apologize for posting this in the "video & picture links" forum.

I use the throttle to help me navigate corners, if you catch my drift.
Old 09-01-2004, 04:00 PM   #14
supercarfreak
Regular User

by the way

technically this thread could have been posted in so many different places.

here in the porsche forum.
or
in the porsche multimedia thread.
or
in the porsche Q&A thread.
or
in the video and picture links forum.
or
in the Picture Audio And Video Requests / Offers - because im hosting the videos
or
in the Car Chat forum

So tell me this: why do you guys always get fucking pissed off at me when I misplace a thread?

LOL!!!!!!!!
Old 09-02-2004, 03:14 AM   #15
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by supercarfreak
i apologize for posting this in the "video & picture links" forum.
lol, no need to apologize - i don´t have a problem when u post your stuff just anywhere, as long as you´ll learn from it...
just let me explain...when you post something Porsche related - and with a header like "Carrera GT..." it´s obvious that it´s about Porsche
so what i want is not to mke ppl pissed because "we" move around their topics and confusing everyone - i´d like that ppl "learn" to post in the right section, because just take your example, u posted something outside PC, TT moved it into PC and i should move it now to "Q&A" - and in the end all the discussion and post from other members are gone
so it would be nice when ppl immediately post in e.g. "Q&A" and the discussion starts in there....that´s what it´s all about...

so plz don´t be upset by "our" actions here - i know it´s kinda strange how we handle all this here, but hey - JW is a unique place on the net - so there should be a difference and on the long term i think it´s better like this - hope u understand and THX for your patience
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote