Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars > American Cars Pictures and Videos

Old 04-30-2006, 08:44 PM   #1
RC45
Regular User

Default Z06 Compilation ... Feel the love... ;)

Another Z06 nut put this together the other day...

http://www.wrxfanatics.com/index.php...post&id=635619

Feel the love
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 02:15 AM   #2
yg60m
Regular User

It didn't work until I turn DAP off Downloading
Old 05-01-2006, 02:47 AM   #3
yg60m
Regular User

Very nicely edited and I love the song too Thanks RC
Old 05-01-2006, 09:54 AM   #4
Stikz
Regular User

Thanks for the link RC
Stikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 10:23 AM   #5
blinkmeat
Regular User

won't work for me either - what's DAP?
blinkmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 08:06 PM   #6
black_magician
Regular User

I loved the music , nice touch.
black_magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 04:25 PM   #7
coombsie66
Regular User

lol, funny vid, all the sped up bits look shite IMO, but the best bit of corvette footage ive ever seen is that yellow one being absolutely pasted round the track at the start, awsome driving.
Old 05-02-2006, 06:05 PM   #8
RC45
Regular User

That footage is from one of the original Viper ACR vs Ford Cobra R vs C5 Z06 tests in 2000 - and that day the stage was set as the Z06 sent the Viper ACR and the Cobra R home with slower laptimes.

The Viper had about 1/10th in the quarter mile, but the Z stopped, turned and handled so well, they literally drove the Viper into a ditch trying to keep up on the track...
Old 05-02-2006, 09:07 PM   #9
DeMoN
Regular User

I have another video. Its a BestMOtoring one

Ferrari 360, GT-R, Porsche 911, EVO, Corvette (guess who comes out last)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4890&q=skyline
Old 05-02-2006, 09:24 PM   #10
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by DeMoN
I have another video. Its a BestMOtoring one

Ferrari 360, GT-R, Porsche 911, EVO, Corvette (guess who comes out last)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4890&q=skyline
Let me put this is plain simple non-immigrant english.

Fuckoff trashing these threads - please.. ok?

That video - for your uninformed self shows a 350hp Z51 with narrower tyres, heavier weight and a hamfgisted mis-shifting driver.

MMMkay?

The car in "your" video is not a Z06, does not have 385hp (like the yellow car in the video compilaiton I posted), it is not lighter, does not have shorter gearing and is not the same car - period.

And incase you didn't get the hint in the 2nd line of this post, please fuck off trashing these threads? mmmkay??

In head to head after head to head the Z06 was shown to be wheel to wheel with the F360, the F360CS, the P911T and the P911GT3... you guys are seriously needing to get a life.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:32 PM   #11
Daggernite
Regular User

Im not vette hating here so dont hate me ok? But I think this video gives an example as to why the majority of people just cant get excited about the new Z06. I mean in the video, the corvette is what? the third most powerful on track yet comes last. beaten by the "four banger" evo and Inline6 skyline which has only 280bhp and much smaller engines. I think people have to presume its the handlings fault on the vette, hence the saying "american cars cant take corners", and since the other major american car the Viper handles even worse, that statment stays in peoples heads even more.

Personally I cant blame people for thinking that, I've seen the C5 on the touge section and they said it was dangerous, and visually you can see it did'nt look too good. So I think the people of JW, and the world see videos like this, and really you never see anything good for the corvette other than highway videos of amateurs dragracing ferrari's which means shit all really, because in the back of peoples heads you know that professionals can take a lesser powered japanese car round a track and whoop it.

Now the part where I agree with RC45. The latest corvette, the Z06 seems to be a vette which has come from diffrent thinking. I think everyone should try forget the past and look whats on offer today. Instead of just giving it a hugh engine, cheap everything else, and luring everyone in with a cheap price tag. The engine, matrials, and nearly every aspects of the car has got the same kind of attention which the Ferraris and other supercars get. It does'nt have the visual greatness of a ferrari inside or out. But all is fair, your paying alot less.

God im ranting on alot aint I. Let me summarize.

RC, basically, I agree with you people should lighten up on the new Z06, its great. But I would say stop been so defensive as a vette owner tho, the Z06 will shine through if its a great car all by itself. I think your frustrated knowing its not getting the respect it should, but on another note, people aint going to change there minds so quickly either. Especially when there use to videos like that from bmi, clearly showing that the past models was not on par with the rest of the world.

and to other members I would say, dont judge the new Z06 on past models, they've tried really hard this time round. As a car lover I like cars to get the respect they deserve so makers continue making car in that fashion. Lets just see how it does.

I hate to act like a sissy boy and be the voice of reason, but this whole american and corvette VS the world is getting terrible. The last month has been like a war. I understand both sides of the story, but where all here because we love cars right?
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 01:00 AM   #12
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Daggernite
Im not vette hating here so dont hate me ok? But I think this video gives an example as to why the majority of people just cant get excited about the new Z06.
No it doesn't

People admit and are aware that the F360, the F360Cs and F360GT etc are different cras essentially and beahve differently.

No difference here.

The first 3 cars in that video are 4wd on a shortish tight track. I Don't see you simply writing off the NSX?

And again - the Corvette Coupe in that video is NOT a Z06, not even a C5 Z06 - which is a lighter car, more powerful car, wider tyred car, stickier tyred car, shorter geared car, stiffer and sports suspended car.

What part of THAT is not understandable.

And this thread was to enjoy a compilation video - not for some hating fuckwas to come post an inflamatory vidoe out of context to start and argument.

That is the most important point.

I mean in the video, the corvette is what? the third most powerful on track yet comes last. beaten by the "four banger" evo and Inline6 skyline which has only 280bhp and much smaller engines. I think people have to presume its the handlings fault on the vette, hence the saying "american cars cant take corners", and since the other major american car the Viper handles even worse, that statment stays in peoples heads even more.
I must correct you - the Viper does not handle worse than the Corvette Coupe - it handles much better. Please understand the Z51 suspended Coupe in the BM video is NOT a balls-to-the wall car - it is a middle-of-the-road car aimed at people who don't feel like having a hard edged razor edge car.

The 911TT, the Evo and the GTR-R are hardcore, hardedged - and in the same excercise the Boxster, SAkyline Taxi and Lancer Econbox would suck - but you never see this brought up.

Personally I cant blame people for thinking that, I've seen the C5 on the touge section and they said it was dangerous, and visually you can see it did'nt look too good.
Again - The STOCK MUTHER FUCKING COUPE!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT THE HARDEGDED BALLSOUT MODEL!!!

PLEASE!!!! I wish people would present factual correct information.

How many times does it have to be explained.

There is a soft egded general consumption Corvette made for the masses and everyman joe.

And there is a purpose-made hard egded ballsout model - Just like the Evo-any-version, the Skyline GTR, the 911TT and 911GT3 and even the NSXR etc.

So I think the people of JW, and the world see videos like this, and really you never see anything good for the corvette other than highway videos of amateurs dragracing ferrari's which means shit all really, because in the back of peoples heads you know that professionals can take a lesser powered japanese car round a track and whoop it.
And again 10000000000000000 times has it been sadi - LOOK AT WHICH MODEL IS BEING SHOWCASED!!!!!!!

People are biased and like to talk shit and hate on the car - and DO NOT consider the model under scrutiny.

Peoplr of the world and JW are fucking idiots then if after 16 years they have not figu8red out there are 2 godamnmuthafucking models of Corvette available.

Let me say it again.

For the C4 :

The Coupe/Vert (with some other otions)

The ZR1

For the C5:

The Coupe. (and Vert)

And the Z06.

And again for the C6:

The Coupe (and vert)

And the Z06.

Now the part where I agree with RC45.
Note the above tyrade is not directed at you - but is simply using your post as the vehicle for delivery.

The latest corvette, the Z06 seems to be a vette which has come from diffrent thinking.
Correction - this has been true since 1990 when the ZR1 was rolled out.
It is just nobody admitted it.

The C5 Z06 is an F360 betaer and an F360CS equal in many areas. That is how good the and different the C5 Z06 is from the C5 Coupe.

I think everyone should try forget the past and look whats on offer today
Again - I must correct you.

It not just "the Corvette of today" - it is also the C5 Z06 produced since August 2000 and the C4 Zr1 produced from August 1989.

Again - please be aware that the C5 Z05 didn't lap the Nurburgring in 7m56s because it sucks.

Instead of just giving it a hugh engine, cheap everything else, and luring everyone in with a cheap price tag. The engine, matrials, and nearly every aspects of the car has got the same kind of attention which the Ferraris and other supercars get. It does'nt have the visual greatness of a ferrari inside or out. But all is fair, your paying alot less.
This holds true for the C4 ZR1, the C5 Z06 and the C6 Z06.

The attention to detaiol in the C5 Z06 included special lighter thinner windshields, GYF! SC tyres (yes the same compound rubber as on the F50, Macca F1 and the F360 among others) and there are other points from the ZR1, the C5 Z06 and the C6 Z06.

Just because the ZR1 and the C5 Z06 were not sold in Europe, Japan and else where does not mean the cars never existed or diminish their ability.

God im ranting on alot aint I. Let me summarize.

RC, basically, I agree with you people should lighten up on the new Z06, its great.
What abotu the previous Z06 and the ZR1? See just beacuse you guys don't know the cars capabilities doesn't mean they are not capable.

But I would say stop been so defensive as a vette owner tho, the Z06 will shine through if its a great car all by itself.
No it won't. People start out giving it shit - period. The C5 Z06 lapped the Nurburgring in the same times as the Porsche GT3 and it still gets not consideration.

I think your frustrated knowing its not getting the respect it should, but on another note, people aint going to change there minds so quickly either. Especially when there use to videos like that from bmi, clearly showing that the past models was not on par with the rest of the world.
The Coupe - which is a softer car. Purpose built to be a softer car. Purpose built to NOT be the cutting hard edged ballsout model.

And a video that had no buisiness being posted int his thread by the way. That is even just another example of people being biased jerks for the sake of being jerks.

A fuckingtention idiots of the world and JW!!!! The C5 Coupe in the BMI Video is like the WRX is to the STi - cool but not the dogs bollucks by any means

and to other members I would say, dont judge the new Z06 on past models, they've tried really hard this time round. As a car lover I like cars to get the respect they deserve so makers continue making car in that fashion. Lets just see how it does.
I respect your sentiment but again - your own uneducation and bias is showing up right here.

WTF is this "give the new model credit"??

The previous mopdel stands toes to toe with the F360CS and the P911GT3 - those are generational peers.

I hate to act like a sissy boy and be the voice of reason, but this whole american and corvette VS the world is getting terrible. The last month has been like a war. I understand both sides of the story, but where all here because we love cars right?
You will not change the bias that arseholes, jerks and pricks have.

They will say what they say - and hold the opinion they have.

Yet int he same breath would NEVER consider judging the Skyline GT-R on the performance of a mid-model Skyline - but are happy to that for the Vette.

I could care less who like or hates the car - but don't have to sit by as people talk shit and promote false info.

I have never claimed the ZR1, C5 Z06 or C6 Z06 are the best at anything - I have simply said they are/were world class cars that can stand on their own - and people who drive and race them know this and give credit where it is due.

I just would like all the losers who purposefully clutter ever post with false bias to shape up or ship out.

That is getting tiring as wel
Old 05-03-2006, 03:08 AM   #13
Daggernite
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
I respect your sentiment but again - your own uneducation and bias is showing up right here.

The previous mopdel stands toes to toe with the F360CS and the P911GT3 - those are generational peers.
:shock: damn you put some effort into that last post. Im not sure how i was showing bias and uneducation, by saying "give the car some credit". I did'nt say it in the frame of mind that the previous models was'nt any good. I think you were readin in wrong context to what I meant.
Actually alot it seems to me was taken the wrong way, probably my fault since im not the best writer, and i did write alot . Well it was a peace talk in a way, i guess i failed
Old 05-03-2006, 03:50 AM   #14
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45

:shock: damn you put some effort into that last post. Im not sure how i was showing bias and uneducation, by saying "give the car some credit". I did'nt say it in the frame of mind that the previous models was'nt any good. I think you were readin in wrong context to what I meant.
Actually alot it seems to me was taken the wrong way, probably my fault since im not the best writer, and i did write alot . Well it was a peace talk in a way, i guess i failed
As I pointed out, my rant was not directed at you - it used your post as a vehicle.

But I will say, in your entire post you never once made reference to or acknowledged the fact that their are 2 very different cars sold under the Corvette label... and have been for the lat 16 years.

One for the average driver who enjoys a good V8 cruise and the ability to have some fun and be sporty... and another for the all-out performance enthusiast.

The ZR1, C5 Z06 and C6 Z06 are the no-holds-barred, balls to the wall hipo offerings - this is the point missed by everyone.

A candid question: Based on the fact that the C5 Z06 is capable of lapping the Nurburgring in 7m56s - equal to the 911GT3 would you say the car deserves unqualified credit?

And a comment - all the "anti-Corvette" lobby are the only people who take the regular Coupe's performance during tests and make a big del out of it.

Corvette enthusiasts already know and accept the Coupe is NOT the top dog Vette, and doesn't behave like one - so if we know it, and accept it, why do the haters find nescesary to use the already admitted average performance as a segway to a vette-bashing?

For the record:
A C4, C5 or C6 Coupe are not the best, greatest, awesomest car on the planet - they are simply competant sports cars.

And they are NOT the same as the C4 ZR1, C5 Z06 or C6 Z06 - which are in fcat able to stand toe to toe with high performance peers of their own generation.

Old 05-03-2006, 04:18 AM   #15
Daggernite
Regular User

Im not disregarding the other top models, the reason I did'nt mention them is because all the fuss latley has mainly been over the Z06, so I was referring to that imparticular. And was trying to say that when people see the "coupe" doing so poor on BMI or other such videos or media, its sets a bad reputation, which follows on and sticks with the Z06 with some people, who dont know about the corvette range, and thats not such a suprise since there only sold in America. Might not be fair on the vette but its true.
Then you have people who just dont like them, which again I think is fair enough, people look for diffrent things in cars and not just numbers on a piece of paper. I hate bentleys and rolls royce for example, and I have no reason for hating them, I just do. Anyhoo, I'll just live in hope everyone can get along here on JW.