Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars > American Cars Pictures and Videos

Old 04-30-2006, 08:33 PM   #31
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by TeflonTron
Hey, I'm not bashing the Z06 (or any American car just because it's American, for that matter: must have me confused with someone else), just posting a video of another very fast car accelerating, like the Z06 in this thread, from 0 to about 190MPH. I, for one, find it "interesting" to compare how different cars accelerate faster at certain parts of the speed cycle than other cars do, and not everyone can just look at a video of a speedo and gauge how that compares to something else doing the same, so I thought that a video of something else may be of interest.

At no point did I bash the Z06 (or mention the 997 like others have in this thread), nor did I even mention the model or brand of the car in the video that I posted. If you don't want me to post a video/contribute to this thread then I won't: it's really no bother at all either way.
This is true.

And the explanation makes sense.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 08:57 PM   #32
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Vette rule!

So do I like get banned?.........or something.........?
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 08:58 PM   #33
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Vette rule!

WHy would you get banned for saying they rule?
Old 04-30-2006, 09:01 PM   #34
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Vette rule!

Just wait till you hit the Ferrari forum

I got dem editing skills too
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 10:02 PM   #35
T-Bird
Regular User

Originally Posted by coombsie66
Originally Posted by coombsie66
Quick car, but damn 5th is seriously long! I bet that slows it considerably in the 4th to 5th change region, needs a 6 speed.
And that's what makes this car able to do the things it does, without a gas guzzler tax and returns fantastic gas mileage when being used as a comute vehicle.

Remember, the design criteria for this car going in are "the most extreme performance in the most affordable package in the world - period".

And they delivered exactly that.

Supercar abilities in an affordable, reliable, robust, daily driver package
But they could have made it quicker and still return the same MPG by sticking a 6 speed in it
Unless I am missing something here....

IT HAS A BLOODY 6 SPEED IN IT!
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 10:09 PM   #36
RC45
Regular User

Vette rule!

Just wait till you hit the Ferrari forum

I got dem editing skills too

What joo talkin about Willis? hehe
Old 04-30-2006, 10:59 PM   #37
TeflonTron
Regular User

Just click on either "Quicktime High" or "Windows High" to start streaming the video. Hope that helps.
TeflonTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 11:39 PM   #38
TeflonTron
Regular User

It does seem very slow, but once you've clicked on either of the two media players it takes a while, but it will play an advert, and then play the file. From when I clicked to when video came up was about 35 seconds.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:37 AM   #39
TeflonTron
Regular User

You're welcome.

How did you find the actual footage? Interesting/worth the wait?
Old 05-03-2006, 12:43 AM   #40
DeMoN
Regular User

upon re-viewing this, it says 190 in 5th gear? it doesnt have 6th gear? WTF? I sure hope it does cuz such an expensive car with 5 gears doesnt look that good.
Old 05-03-2006, 12:59 AM   #41
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by DeMoN
upon re-viewing this, it says 190 in 5th gear? it doesnt have 6th gear? WTF? I sure hope it does cuz such an expensive car with 5 gears doesnt look that good.
some people really dont know much about the Vette, or the Ford GT for that matter...

6th gear is there to get good fuel economy under cruising conditions.

6th is essentially a dubble o/d; and 5th is there for your top speed runs. simple as that... and while 5th could be shorter in relation to 3rd/4th. that is exactly how the Vette manages 28 mpg highway.

if cirtain lower gears were shorter, then the massive storm of torque isn't managable.
Old 05-03-2006, 01:35 AM   #42
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
some people really dont know much about the Vette, or the Ford GT for that matter...

6th gear is there to get good fuel economy under cruising conditions.

6th is essentially a dubble o/d; and 5th is there for your top speed runs. simple as that... and while 5th could be shorter in relation to 3rd/4th. that is exactly how the Vette manages 28 mpg highway.

if cirtain lower gears were shorter, then the massive storm of torque isn't managable.
Yep - another example of a supposedly educated person being ignorant.

Simply doing a Google search on "C6 Z06 specs" would have returned all the informaiton a reasnoable informed person needed to not show their obvious bias and ignorance.

Quite tiring.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:49 AM   #43
DeMoN
Regular User

Simply doing a Google search on "C6 Z06 specs" would have returned all the informaiton a reasnoable informed person needed to not show their obvious bias and ignorance.

Quite tiring.
Being that I dont care about the Corvette, I dont go deep-reading on it. I just know enough. In the same way I can list a shietload of info for another car wich isnt of your interest and then call you stupid for not knowing them. If I were ignorant, I would have gotten a C6 or C5 corvette instead of the G35 that I have. The only person around here that should "quit trying" is you and your idea that the Corvette is the best thing "ever evar fo realz."

Ah, and another thing about you calling Ferrari buyer's "posers"... at least 85% of the corvette drivers I see are old grampas. I rather see a "poser" on his ferrari, often speeding then a fukin Corvette with an OLD ASS driver that all he does is slow me down.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:17 AM   #44
nthfinity
Regular User

Quite tiring.
Being that I dont care about the Corvette, I dont go deep-reading on it. I just know enough. In the same way I can list a shietload of info for another car wich isnt of your interest and then call you stupid for not knowing them. If I were ignorant, I would have gotten a C6 or C5 corvette instead of the G35 that I have. The only person around here that should "quit trying" is you and your idea that the Corvette is the best thing "ever evar fo realz."

Ah, and another thing about you calling Ferrari buyer's "posers"... at least 85% of the corvette drivers I see are old grampas. I rather see a "poser" on his ferrari, often speeding then a fukin Corvette with an OLD ASS driver that all he does is slow me down.
Florida: where old people migrate to die
Old 05-03-2006, 09:23 AM   #45
RC45
Regular User

Quite tiring.

You don't know enough - you prove this everytime you open your mouth

The only person around here that should "quit trying" is you and your idea that the Corvette is the best thing "ever evar fo realz."

These are your words not mine.