Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 03-23-2006, 08:34 AM   #181
magwheel
Regular User

Originally Posted by taygunho
Originally Posted by Saadie
just read all of your reviews .. gotta say ... they are really really cool ... the read is good, entertaining and a bit funny and makes perfect sence all the way lol ... all theres left for a perfect review is some track action 8) 8)
totally agred with saadie. Thanks for reviews and waiting for others.Last year I watched a Fifth Gear episode about Vicky Butler Henderson's mom drived a Murcielago with E-gear and she drived very well for a supercar virgin. And Vicky said "Yes it is too easier to drive this e-gear murcielago than old manual gerbox lamborghinis" . Your Gallardo has e-gear.What are you saying about that is this is to drive gallardo too?
In my review of the Gallardo and Murcielago, I hope that I mentioned the Gallardo is a 6 speed and the Murcie is a E-gear. It's really nice to have the different transmissions for comparison sake. The Gallardo being a little smaller and more nimble, seems to be a perfect fit for the 6 speed. The Murcie's E-gear is a real pleasure to drive and makes it a easier to hook up with those 'millions and millions' of horsepower under the hood!
Old 03-23-2006, 08:59 AM   #182
MIHALS
Regular User

Can't wait for your next review about CGT (probably my most favourite in your collection) and your quotes :robot: ALBIBAK and Hasta La Vista :robot:
Old 03-23-2006, 11:05 AM   #183
magwheel
Regular User

Originally Posted by insane
Originally Posted by MIHALS
Can't wait for your next review about CGT (probably my most favourite in your collection) and your quotes :robot: ALBIBAK and Hasta La Vista :robot:
I'm with you on that, really liked to know what it's like to live with and defenetly how difficult it was to obtain.

All your reviews are a pretty good read, maybe you should become a car journalist. It's never too late you know!
Thanks for you're suggestion but I really don't seem to have such a good history in "Institutions of Higher Education'! They just can't 'learn' me anything. See... see what I mean!

Didn't do too much better job wise. Once had a job at Lordstown, Ohio which is a GM manufacturing plant. After a week on the assembly line, I almost had a nervous breakdowm trying to stay up with the line output. I'm still convinced all those other guys on the line with me were really robots cause they just hummed along like nothing was bothering them, My Father once jokingly (I think) accused me of being a lazy bum and said that he thought that I thought 'Manual Labor was the President of Puerto Rico'! Dad was always good at busting my ass and calling it like it was. Think he was right?? :silly:
Old 03-23-2006, 11:08 AM   #184
sameerrao
Regular User

Manual Labor .... thats funny

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 12:08 PM   #185
ARMAN
Regular User

Damn Another ass-kicking review :faint:
I can feel and imagine what is to be in f430 as you describe it!

Reading all this, M3E30 is not that expencive as I thought it is 2 weeks back Interesting how your(my) point of view changes as you(me) read it

BTW do your parents still with us? Just curious

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 12:33 PM   #186
magwheel
Regular User

Originally Posted by ARMAN
Damn Another ass-kicking review :faint:
I can feel and imagine what is to be in f430 as you describe it!

Reading all this, M3E30 is not that expencive as I thought it is 2 weeks back Interesting how your(my) point of view changes as you(me) read it

BTW do your parents still with us? Just curious
I'm glad you can feel yourself in the Ferrari F430. That makes me feel that at least I can do something halfway right. Dad would be proud of me! No, unfortunately, Mom passed away in 1987. She came here as a young immigrant from Russia as did her whole family. My Father just, and I say just cause it feels like only several months ago, passed away in September of 2003 only 3 months after being diagnosed with lung and brain cancer. But, I can thank God that he didn't suffer at all! It was all so quick. He was 84 and lived a very good life. He certainly deserved it. It's unreal. Every time I talk about or mention my Mother nad Father, tears of love come to my eyes. Kinda like now and in a post I made a few days ago. I guess it means I loved them more than anything is this world. Thank you very much for asking about them. Michael

p.s. I just backed the Carerra GT and the F430 out of the garage and took some more exterior and interior pictues of them. I think you're really going to enjoy the review of the Carrera GT which I'm going to start on very shortly today after I send the F430 pictures to TT so he can put them on the F430 post.
Old 03-23-2006, 12:45 PM   #187
Pehtren
Regular User

I hardly wait the CGT review, ok im droolin so hard that i dont see on my screen 8)

Thanks for your reviews
Pehtren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 02:07 PM   #188
nthfinity
Regular User

how you speak of your parents, and in particular, your father... it reminds me quite dearly of my own grandfather, who passed away in October of 2003 @ 83 years old. The man had not one single bone in his body that could harbor ill feelings about another; he was always trying to help... even as he grew older, and more feeble. we were extremely close... and unfortunate family circumstances allowed that to happen when i was growing up. Everybody loved him, and looked to him for guidance; and like you... it still feels like it was only a few months back.

your buying experience of the F430 seems very much like how I have heard its' done; even here in MI where people know exactly how much thier cars are worth; Ferrari's dont exactly follow suite. the few times i've seen an F430 on the road (twice so far) the sound was spectacular; and seemed to crave revs... even at downtown speeds of 25 or so MPH... the car commands presence, like not even the 360 can... if only by its engine note.

by your review, it seems ferrari really did re-create "the greatest car in the world" that many reviewers thought the 360 modena failed at being.

thanks for the review
Old 03-23-2006, 02:15 PM   #189
magwheel
Regular User

nthfinity, You're certainly welcome and thanks for the great words on my parents. I'm finishing up the review on the Carrera GT right now and it should be on in under a half an hour or so. You're definitely going to love this review even if I have to say so myself. Michael
Old 03-23-2006, 02:58 PM   #190
TT
Regular User

Pics of the 430 added
Old 03-23-2006, 03:35 PM   #191
sivsk
Regular User

magwheel, that is just a truly amazing set of cars you have there, i have just one question as you have the means to answer it...... the best supercar you have 4WD or 2WD which in you opinion is the definative drive......??as you drive them regularly on the same roads in differing conditions..... down a twisty road which car gives you the, i've just cracked it feeling or popped the cork out the bottle feeling....
sivsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 03:46 PM   #192
magwheel
Regular User

Ahhh, now it's time for the Terminator, the fabulous Porsche Carrera GT. Here's the story. I had just purchased the Ford GT in January of 2005. I was very happy, sitting at home and quite satisfied with the Ford GT and my ass kickin 2003 Yellow Porsche GT2.

So, one day I'm talking to a friend of mine at a restaurant and he mentions that he just saw an outrageous car up in Cleveland at a Porsche dealer. He says it's a called a Carrera GT and it's unreal. Oh yeah, I tell him, I've seen that car online and in magazine pictures. It looks like a spaceship on wheels. He gives me the dealers name and I tell my girlfriend that night that she and I are going to go to Cleveland one day to JUST look at it. Yeah right! Why is it that every time somebody mentions a neat car to me, I hear a lot of oh damn, look at his eyes!

Well, I was eating my guts out wanting to see the car so guess what? We went up two days later. The salesman takes us over to see the CGT and UH O...... I'm in trouble! There's drool running down my face, my girlfriend's talking to me and I don't even know she's there and on top of that, I just wet my pants! You gotta be kiddin me! Is this thing real or is it a concept car that NASA developed?

He sits down inside the car and starts it up. Revs it up and up and up and then asks me what I think? Huhhh.....? I'm busy catching flies with my mouth wide open. I close my eyes and imagine that I'm in the movie 'Grand Prix' with James Garner and Yves Montand or in 'LeMans' with Steve McQueen!!!

My head is spinning and I got this s _ _ t eating grin on my face. How the hell can I somehow manage to buy this car? He asks me if I would like to sit down and try and work out a deal (we drove the 03 GT2 up there to show them we weren't pulling their chains about being serious on the car). Nah, I don't want to try and work out a deal just like I don't want to make love to Pam Anderson, Elle McPherson, Jessica Simpson and Jessica Alba all at the same time!

So we sit down and pound numbers and then I say the heck with it. I give him a number I think is right and tell him if he can get the deal to that number, he's got a sale. He asks me to give him a day and he'll get back to me. I'm waiting the next day with my head down on my desk crying cause he hasn't called me back yet.

OK, well then I'll just call other dealers to get a quote and to keep him honest on top of that. I call Columbus, Ohio, Byers Automotive Group, talk to Michael Kirkham and he along with his GM are pounding numbers left and right. They get within a few dollars of where I want to be and I say I have to give the Cleveland dealer one last chance to give me his price. Just for the heck of it, I also called the Cincinnati Porsche dealer and they want time to work out a deal. I DON"T have time..... I want that car RIGHT NOW! You guys know what I mean, don't you?

That afternoon, Cleveland calls and gives me a price. Good but not there yet. Anyhow, to make a long story short, Cleveland and Columbus are battling it out to make the sale. Columbus gets to the price and even below and I'm happy. Cleveland ain't and they try and make another offer. I'm having a mental breakdown answering my cell phone every 5-10 minutes. Finally, I tell my girlfriend I'm done, I can't take it any more. You make the final deal. Whatever it is, I'm OK with it. I not talking to anyone else! Honest!

She makes the deal at 3 or 4 that afternoon and Columbus wants to deliver it that night! Huh? OK with me!

They deliver her in an enclosed trailer around 7 p.m. that night. I guess they were worried I might change my mind. Felt good though getting approved on a $443,800 car in only an hour or so..... Thanks again DAD!!

Well, we're trying to unload her with regular aluminum ramps and 12-14 ft wooden extension 2 x 12s. First try, craaaack, the wooden boards break in half. After close to an hour or so, we finally get her off the trailer. Damn does she sits so lowwww. Anything taller than an ANT on the road better get the hell out of the way!

This machine is unreal, honestly! It really IS a race car on the street. You try and get in.... of course it's easier if your related to Harry Houdini cause you have to be a contortionist to have a chance of sitting down. Well almost.... I have the XT or XL seats which means they're made for us fat ass Americans. I almost fit... just gotta lose 50 or 75 lbs. Just kiddin...... they really hug your butt. If you're claustrophobic, this is not the car for you. If you and a passenger are in the car, don't both of you turn toward each other at the same time or one of you will wind up with a broken nose! I guess I'm trying to say, the cabin is certainly cozy. The gearshift lever in the middle of the upright console is surprisingly easy to operate and has a great feel.

The instruments are easy to read. The radio is pretty good, but unless you've got reading glasses of about 5x, you've got no chance of seeing what the hell you're doing or what station you're listening to. The car's leather seats and dash are of excellent quality. Great seating position. You put the key in, start the car (hope I remembered to wear my diaper) and ohhh my good God! What I have I got in my hands. Darth Vader doesn't have anything on this ride.

You start to back her out of the garage and then hey..... what's going on. There's nothing behind me. That's because you can't SEE squat behind you! The only car with worse rear vision is the Ford GT. Women, children and pets, run for your lives!

When I first tried to drive the car, I remember reviews telling me not to give it gas at first but to just slip the clutch and as she starts rolling, then give her some fuel. They were right! 2 to 3 times in the first few weeks that I drove her, I stalled it in heavy traffic making a turn. Really makes you look like an ass and scares the hell out of you! I think I've finally got it down pat now, but it's still in the back of my mind and haunts me. The gas and brake pedals are floor mounted, which may contribute to the lack of ease starting out because it's a different feeling for me.

The ride is pretty firm and the first time we took it on the road, we both looked over at each other because neither of us could hear the radio and had to speak fairly loud to be heard owing to the fact of the road noise and engine whine. I guess we're use to it now.

This car is 'stupid fast'. If you're an idiot you'll be in trouble very quickly! One night coming home from our restaurant, some jerk off was playing with me and since I had a few drinks in me, I said like in the movie 'Network', "I'm not going to take it anymore." We're going over a freeway bridge at the time and I goose it and she starts going sideways a little. Whoaa Daddy! Brilliant! That took care of my desire to be Evil Knievel.

As you'll see in the pics, there's carbon fiber everywhere. Seats, door sills, dash, rear wing struts and the complete belly pan. They said don't run over anything bigger than a pebble or your insurance company is not going to be too happy replacing the belly pan to the tune of $30-40K! (That's what the dealer told me)

Other than the clutch, the only other minor pain seems to be that the transmission is a cold bugger.... especially in Winter. She takes at least 2-3 miles or more to warm up so you don't have to granny shift to avoid grinding some gears.

Probably the funniest thing I've been told is this girl that I eventually met at a later time said she saw and heard me coming down the street in her Porsche Boxster's rear view mirror and didn't know what the heck it was. She said as I flew past her, she STILL didn't know what the hell just zoomed by.... but she told me she definitely heard it! This CGT sounds just like a F1 in the right rev zone at speed or when revved up at a stand still. Wanna be just like Michael Schumaker someday? Start saving your shekels cause this is the car you want!

I think the plate ' ILL B BAC' fits her perfectly...... how about you? Michael

p.s. Couple things I forgot to mention. First the letter T on the back of the car is off. I was drying the car off one day and a string on the towel snagged the letter and pulled it off. It's stuck on with something like double sided tape. You'd think they would mount it better. Cheap ass car!!

Secondly, The lugs that hold the wheel on are spinoffs. Notice the difference in the color of the spinoff on the right vs the left. Again this is so dumb asses like me don't screw things up.

Lastly, TT had asked me to send some cutom pics to verify I was a true owner of these cars. After we got things straightened out, I started thinking..... hmmmm..... custom pic. Well, you'll see one pic of 'the Terminator' between trees to kind of give it that artistic look. What do you think? Let's see now..... if I buy another dozen cars or so and do write-ups and pics of them all, I'll bet I could get pretty good at my literary skills and my photography excellence. Ernest Hemmingway and Ansel Adams...... lookout ! 8) :snipersmile:

Old 03-23-2006, 03:59 PM   #193
TT
Regular User

Another thrilling read! Especially the first part :good: tge CGT like the SLR and others, is a good car to try and have a good deal! Still, I don't think there is another CGT owner who got such a quick deal and the car at home right away
Old 03-23-2006, 04:25 PM   #194
magwheel
Regular User

Default Are we having fun yet?

Originally Posted by TT
Another thrilling read! Especially the first part :good: tge CGT like the SLR and others, is a good car to try and have a good deal! Still, I don't think there is another CGT owner who got such a quick deal and the car at home right away
Thanks TT, without you I just be another P in the pod! Getting ready to send the Terminator pics to you. Aren't you glad I didn't turn out to be a phony SOB. You're devoted member, Magwheel
Old 03-23-2006, 04:36 PM   #195
TT
Regular User

Well, to be honest, I think you are a top notch "cool supercars owner"! And you must know how rare the ones of your kind are on the net! Either too busy or totally internet-illiterate!
You have great cars, you have time to share your passion and you are posting like mad on a new forum you just discovered! We can't ask for more honestly

Waiting for the pics BTW

Oh yes, I have a question: even if you don't drive them a lot, do you take part in meetings/drives/etc? Do you have pics of your cars elsewhere? not that the driveway pics aren't my likings, but I am a real pictures freak, so the more, the better