Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 10-21-2005, 03:47 AM   #61
PaulGT2164
Regular User

haha its a 77 datsun 210 in the background, i am getting rid of it tho to make room for another miata

thanks for the compliments
Old 10-22-2005, 10:34 PM   #62
67mustang331
Regular User

I can confirm the amount of work Paul has put into this Miata...I have been putting lots of hours into this car also. We worked on it all day yesterday, did a fuel system check and thats all working. Little leaks which were an easy fix. Should start pretty soon.

About the no shoes thing...yeah I think I have seen him wear shoes once...of course I only wear sandals...haha.
~450hp
Future Plans:
Fuel Injection conversion
Twin Turbo
67mustang331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 01:52 PM   #63
Shinigami
Regular User

Any updates on the project? Did you finish it, and most importantly, how does it ride with all that power ?
Old 02-07-2006, 03:53 PM   #64
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

hehe, I was thinking about bugging Paul for another update too
Old 02-07-2006, 04:14 PM   #65
Shinigami
Regular User

Yeah

Damn, I'm looking at autoscout24.ch, and there's a few nice NB model MX5's there for an attractive price. Especially two which caught my eye. One is priced really well, and since the owner is leaving the country, he's even willing to negotiate on the price. The second car is being sold because the guy lost his job, so I could possibly bring the price of that down a lot too due to the urgent situation (although it'll suck for the seller).

Ah well... I really shouldn't part with $9k right at this moment on another car, GF might not like the idea
Old 02-07-2006, 05:20 PM   #66
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Sure it's your Girlfriend, but it's also YOUR money. And if you got the money, you got the money.

I dunno about owning a Miata, I'm not to fond of soft top convertibles because of the one on my Mom's Toyota is complete crap. Not to mention its a "girly" car.. OF COURSE, unless there is a engine pushing 600HP under the hood
Old 02-07-2006, 05:46 PM   #67
Shinigami
Regular User

The Toyota being an MR2 perhaps? I drove one, and wasn't quite convinced by the vehicle... it rattled all over the place, felt like it was about to fall apart. I do suspect it had been in an accident coz there was paint overspray inside the wheel wells.

I don't really care if someone considers a car girly or not. I think it's more important that YOU like the car. What others think about it comes second.

I have a soft spot in my heart for the Miata because it was my first convertible experience. I drove a friends car on a road trip to southern france during the summer, and the experience was just awesome. Not to mention the car handles really well, a lot of fun. So I told myself that one day I'll own one.

The problem with paying for one now, is that I do have plans to perhaps buy a ring for my GF this year, plus I'd like to keep money aside if I want to get a Ferrari 360...

Ah, decisions decisions...

In any case, I don't want to end up an old man, retiring at 65 and not having lived my life fully Guess I'll give the sellers a call and see if I can check out the rides. Perhaps I can haggle the price down to an agressive level and then sell them later on if I need the cash
Old 02-08-2006, 12:14 PM   #68
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

the toyota was a Convertible Paseo, I'd imagine the top on the MR2 spyder is better quality. When the Paseo was going out of production, Toyota sent a bunch of them to Cali to get chopped into convertibles.. which I guess explains why the top was so shitty.

With out a doubt the Miata is a great and fun car to drive, but personally, its a little too cute for me to thinkg about buying.

Wife your girl, or new toy, touch decision. Either way, If you do decide on the Miata, make sure the roof is in good condition (although I have no clue what miata tops are like, i'm just speakin from my own convertible experience)
Old 02-08-2006, 12:31 PM   #69
Shinigami
Regular User

I know a fair bit about Miata's, having clocked in a considerable number of hours inside them... the tops are pretty good really, they don't go bad if you take reasonable care of 'em, and from 98 onwards, they had a glass rear which is good.

Actually, called my insurance and they said I'd only pay less then 200 swiss francs extra for insurance if I was to use interchangeable plates (i.e. I get one set of license plates, but can move them between the SLK and the Miata). I'll think about, as it's not that expensive really

Highlite of the day tho' was driving a Z4 3.0i. A colleague of mine wanted to test drive one to see if it would help make up his mind, and so we had a few hours of "spirited driving" down the country lanes near my home this afternoon. He was convinced and ended up signing the deal. Should be able to receive his car end of the month once he's found which insurance company to go with (the rates fluctuaute a lot and as a shopper, you really do have to call around for the best deal).