Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars > American Cars Pictures and Videos

Old 05-03-2006, 10:10 AM   #46
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by everso
Originally Posted by DeMoN
The only person around here that should "quit trying" is you and your idea that the Corvette is the best thing "ever evar fo realz."
LMAO!!!! hahahaha
Typical arsehole response from you.

To be expected and not surprising.

I am done with this shit.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 01:26 PM   #47
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

I JUST made it into this thread today, skipping to the last page..

and here I find RC45 retiring?!?!

c'mon ya old fart, you letting your age get to you?
Old 05-03-2006, 02:59 PM   #48
DeMoN
Regular User

Retiring? from work or what?
Old 05-03-2006, 04:35 PM   #49
TeflonTron
Regular User

To Florida of course, silly goose.
TeflonTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 04:55 PM   #50
coombsie66
Regular User

Originally Posted by T-Bird
Originally Posted by coombsie66
Originally Posted by RC45
Quick car, but damn 5th is seriously long! I bet that slows it considerably in the 4th to 5th change region, needs a 6 speed.
And that's what makes this car able to do the things it does, without a gas guzzler tax and returns fantastic gas mileage when being used as a comute vehicle.

Remember, the design criteria for this car going in are "the most extreme performance in the most affordable package in the world - period".

And they delivered exactly that.

Supercar abilities in an affordable, reliable, robust, daily driver package
But they could have made it quicker and still return the same MPG by sticking a 6 speed in it
Unless I am missing something here....

IT HAS A BLOODY 6 SPEED IN IT!
Well i stand corrected, but i was implying more the considerable jump in ratios between 4th and 5th, but if a very tall 6th is required to get around regulations then i understand why its there, just it would undoubtably make the car faster if it used all 6 ratio's to get to its top speed.
Old 05-03-2006, 08:57 PM   #51
T-Bird
Regular User

No doubt that it could be shit loads faster but the fact that we have gas guzzler taxes on cars really pushes the auto makers to get those mileage numbers up as high as possible without comprimizing too much performance. hell they are talking about making a minimum mileage for SUVs at more than double what most are producing today. The fact that this thing manages better economy than most Acura's we have at work is saying something.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 09:58 PM   #52
sentra_dude

Well i stand corrected, but i was implying more the considerable jump in ratios between 4th and 5th, but if a very tall 6th is required to get around regulations then i understand why its there, just it would undoubtably make the car faster if it used all 6 ratio's to get to its top speed.
I'd say its less to get around regulations than to make the car even more appealing as an everyday driver. It certainly is a nice benefit to avoid a $3000(?) gas guzzler tax, but the excellent benefit of 28mpg in a 505hp car is even better. The 28mpg far out-weighs the slight loss in top speed IMO...and who really goes 190mph or 200mph anyways? If I had a 505hp car I drove everyday I'd love to be able to get 28mpg with it, even for a slight penalty in topspeed.

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote