Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 09-05-2005, 06:22 PM   #1
TT
Regular User

Default Sept 06: Lotus Exige Mk II in depth

Hello guys, here I am adding yet another "in depth" now I will take a break and should be back to regular pics for at least one or two updates

But for now, let's focus in this sexy lady!

Just 3 previews, but there are 25 high-res on the website

The car is owned by a new friend of mine and since I am putting together a little photoshoot day with some locals in October, he volunteer to go check out a couple of places with his car so yes, I've got a ride in this car too

Something I learnt only some months ago: you can easily remove the roof on the Exige and that's pretty damn cool.. yes, less hardcore and focused maybe, but you can always put it back in place when you go lapping some race track. On the road it is very nice and it lets you experience the engine sound much better.

The most shocking thing is how hard it is to slide inside.. yes, you SLIDE, inside and way DOWN. To step inside an Enzo or Murcielago isn't easy, beware, but the Exige was the "worst" I experienced to date. Especially because, no only you need to go across the wide part between you and the seat, but especially because inside it is sensibly smaller than the forementioned supercars. It's really tiny as you can imagine if you saw one in the metal, and inside you are basically touching the driver's arm. For the legs there is plenty of space, it's just not wide at all .
The seats are damn good.. racing seats obviously, supporting but very nice to be in them. On a long drive I was told they aren't that comfy actually.
Anyway, the car started, the engine is kinda quite.. it's still a Toyota unit afterall, the suspensions are very firm, every input on the wheel seem to instantly have an effect on the car you feel cocooned inside but it's pretty scary to be in town with SUVS or ppl carrier beside and above you.
Anyway once out of town, the engine can be revved and it was. At 6000 rpm you have some sort of VTEC/VANOS wathever effect, can't remember how it is called in the Toyota engine, but its the moment when everything goes mad and you are kicked in the ass with the needle climbing much faster, the soundtrack becoming crazy and so on
Intoxicating, I doubt I could avoid passing the magic mark on every gear all of the time!
The car really seems a great pleasure to drive and Alain the owner already racked 14'000 km on it in a few months!

We are used to see it in flashy colors.. orange:

yellow

or even lime green (sadly never seen one)

But I think it rocks in this dark grey and it's really a nice photogenic car.. looking cool from every angle!

I am sure somebody will moan about the muffler tip. It's actually just applied "around" the original double tips. A present of the owner's sons.. he couldn't just dump it so that's why it is there

Top stuff this little Exige, really amazing and even if this location wasn't perfect, it was a pleasure to shoot it!
Old 09-05-2005, 06:27 PM   #2
nurbrun
Regular User

OMG NICE PICS AGAIN TT!!!

What a car!! i love the reviews keep'm comin

awesome car and i really like that color on the exige.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:33 PM   #3
ferrarif1fan89
Regular User

i love that car with those wheels and that color! man, its perfect! i LOVE those wheels!
Old 09-05-2005, 07:01 PM   #4
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by goodduck

i had no idea that the hardtop was removable on the exige. makes me rethink that car entirely.
Same here.... is this standard?

Anyways, your a lucky sod, TT, but we love you for the pretty pictures you keep giving us
Old 09-05-2005, 07:04 PM   #5
dingo
Regular User

I would prefer it in black, but this colour still looks very sexy! The exhaust tip isn't that bad IMO.

Some great pics in there, except for the one where a 3-series ruins the shot.
Old 09-05-2005, 07:16 PM   #6
antonioledesma
Regular User

great car TT... I will use some of your bandwidth to download those excellent pics of yours and that grey babe
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 07:49 PM   #7
Mers
Regular User

I saw one in light beige with green stripes, in paris, in june...very nice review, of a very nice car TT;...
Old 09-05-2005, 09:18 PM   #8
EnzoLover
Regular User

Nice ride

VVTL-i its the system of Toyota
Old 09-05-2005, 10:10 PM   #9
psykonesz83
Regular User

VVTL-i to be exact
psykonesz83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2005, 11:03 PM   #10
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

man that car is beautiful.. i wasnt aware they made a targa top version of the exige.. looks damn great.. definately a car i wouldnt mind having as a daily driver.. i would easily put up with the "uncomfortable" seats (i'd make sure my trips were fast ) and gettin in and out of the car...

it's still a nice treat to see a regular elise here in the states, i still have yet to see an exige in person..
Old 09-06-2005, 03:16 AM   #11
TT
Regular User

Thanks EnzoLover and psykonesz83 for the exact term

Originally Posted by thenumber1
Originally Posted by goodduck

i had no idea that the hardtop was removable on the exige. makes me rethink that car entirely.
Same here.... is this standard?

It is optional: there is a tiny modification to do and of course you need the soft roof just in case, but doable on every Exige yes

Originally Posted by dingo
I would prefer it in black, but this colour still looks very sexy! The exhaust tip isn't that bad IMO.

Some great pics in there, except for the one where a 3-series ruins the shot.
:fuck:

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex
man that car is beautiful.. i wasnt aware they made a targa top version of the exige.. looks damn great.. definately a car i wouldnt mind having as a daily driver.. i would easily put up with the "uncomfortable" seats (i'd make sure my trips were fast ) and gettin in and out of the car...

it's still a nice treat to see a regular elise here in the states, i still have yet to see an exige in person..
Actually it is not a targa top version: you can remove the roof on every Exige it's just that not many owners are interested in that. Even on the Mk I if I am not wrong
Old 09-06-2005, 03:29 AM   #12
LotusGT1
Regular User

About these indepth pages, why don't you place the editorials you write down here on those pages as well? Would be better IMO...
Old 09-06-2005, 03:58 AM   #13
stmoritzer
Regular User

A nice describtion of the car, thanks TT !
My friend has a Opel Speedster, and it's exactly the same, very difficult to enter and you sit elbow to elbow

For the car, I don't like it that much, the color is special, the car looks "angry" and "wild"

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 05:53 AM   #14
sikx5
Regular User

Another review, Lucky you TT!!

I saw one on the road the other day for the first time(was a very bright red colour), they look so mean and aggressive, a very nice package though for the occastional track days...

And when it hits Lift at 6,000RPM that toyota engine just screams and moves very rapidly....They are the same engine in the celicas if im not mistaken, zz somethin..Nice pics BTW.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:22 AM   #15
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by LotusGT1
About these indepth pages, why don't you place the editorials you write down here on those pages as well? Would be better IMO...
Well, actually I considered it, but well, first of all, passenger impressions might be a bit biased and not truly describing the car and second, I want to keep my website basically pictures only, that's why I never considered a forum and such. That's why I decided to just post the pics