Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 05-05-2004, 04:17 PM   #1
middleton7
Regular User

Does anyone on here own an exotic or just dreaming for now? Personally, can't afford what I want, so I'm building it. I'm sure all of you know about the Diablo kits. But, no Fiero here. I'm building the exact replica chassis from NAERC. Also, no wimpy 4 banger or V6, going with an LS6 crate with the twin turbo kit. That makes it push around 575 - 600HP. It's going well so far, but it's gonna take awhile. :roll:
middleton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 06:18 AM   #2
Jabba
Regular User

There are some new pictures of my Diablo on the Jabba House thread in "General Chat".
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 06:20 AM   #3
Anonymous

Damn you told him i was hoping he would find that suprise all by himself that the cars in the banner are yours!!
Old 05-06-2004, 06:22 AM   #4
Jabba
Regular User

I thought my avatar might have given it away actually.
Old 05-06-2004, 06:29 AM   #5
Anonymous

Forgot you changed it it used to be the mower on its own whenyou first got the beast, I prefer the new one though!! 8) 8)
Old 05-06-2004, 06:33 AM   #6
Jabba
Regular User

Yep I have got a few now to choose from inc one with the diablo that you may have seen on the house thread.
Old 05-06-2004, 07:31 AM   #7
callen
Regular User

If u want to see what members, are driving go to the 'rides' section on the forum....ull find a few exotics there
Old 05-06-2004, 09:43 AM   #8
middleton7
Regular User

Jabba, you got a nice collection started. Since the cars in the pics of your "New House" weren't yours, I wasn't sure about those in your avatar. But VERY nice!!! I haven't had the opportunity to check out the members rides section yet, but hope to very soon. Jabba, what is the year and model of your Diablo? If it happens to be a 2000+ 6.0, I'd love to talk to you more about it and maybe get some close up pics. I'm sure they would be a tremendous help. I'll check back in this topic for any replys, but then I'll leave this one since it's in the wrong place for such chat. Thanks.........
Old 05-06-2004, 09:58 AM   #9
TT
Regular User

Since the cars in the pics of your "New House" weren't yours
LOL not sure to wich pics you are referring, but in 9/10 of the pics you can only see Jabba's cars LOL.

As for the roadster (sorry Jabba if I answer for you) it isn't a 6.0. It's a 1997 VT Roadster
Old 05-06-2004, 10:57 AM   #10
middleton7
Regular User

Referring to the pics in the "Jabbas New House" topic. Jabba stated that those cars were the prior owners cars. And a 97 VT is an outstanding car. Beautiful!!! Just got done looking through member rides area and didn't see it yet. Gonna check out the Racingflix site and try to see it. I thought a long time about which Diablo to build and came down to a 99 Roadster or a the 01 6.0 ...Just the lines on the newer 6.0.....The non-popup headlights, the different turn signals and marker lights on the front. Just looks much better. BUT, I don't in anyway mean that any of the Diablos are unattractive.
Old 05-06-2004, 11:03 AM   #11
TT
Regular User

Referring to the pics in the "Jabbas New House" topic. Jabba stated that those cars were the prior owners cars
Ok those were in page 1 we reached page 40something now and Jabba posted a shitload of pics of the car with his cars

BTW, not sure what do you mean about "wich Diablo to build".. you can't actually build a Diablo. Are you into replicas?
Old 05-06-2004, 12:42 PM   #12
middleton7
Regular User

Yes, I'm into replicas. I'd obviously much rather own the real thing, but I don't see an extra 280 grand layin around in my future. So, I'll have to deal with the next best thing. As far as which Diablo to build, you can get the body in older VT, SV, Roadster, or the newer 6.0 version. So, to review, I love exotics but cannot afford one. I am in the process of building the exact replica frame on which to place the 6.0 body. In this frame shall sit a crate LS6 (the same engine that's in the Vette Z06 in case anyone didn't know) with the twin turbo kit. This will be bolted to a Porsche 914 transaxle. Once completed, it's hard for most (except those who own one or REAL enthusiast) to tell the difference. The VIN plates and all other plated on the original are available now for the replicas.
Old 05-06-2004, 12:55 PM   #13
middleton7
Regular User

Default Re: Kinda figured......

Originally Posted by AlienDB7
Originally Posted by middleton7
Not everyone has the time or ability to sit in front of the computer most of the day and or night. There is no real need in heckling people over there questions. I'm thinking you could probably make a standard "You have to become a very active member and be liked by certain people"
I don't know how long it took you to type up that paragraph but for me, I just spend 15-30min morning and evening to read the forum and reply to interesting threads. Since you're an "adult" from NY, I suppose your english is much better than "kids" like us from foreign countriers. So, spend a few minutes daily and you'll learn to enjoy the forum.

Enough said, welcome to JW, enjoy your stay!

0X
You sound offended in that reply. Once again, my post wasn't meant to offend anyone. Also, I am not location discriminate. I never said anything about other countries. I spent 4 years in Germany and liked them better than allot of Americans. Very kind and helpful people for the most part. And, my American ( I wouldn't dare to think that I speak proper English) is better than some, worse than some. But, I never claimed it was better than anyones on this site. I sincerely apologize for the offense and thank you for your welcome to JW.
Old 05-06-2004, 01:18 PM   #14
TT
Regular User

Yes, I'm into replicas. I'd obviously much rather own the real thing, but I don't see an extra 280 grand layin around in my future. So, I'll have to deal with the next best thing.
Well the discussion could go on forever, but IMO, the "next best thing" is for sure not a fake car that look like a car but is another.. the next best thing is an affordable sportscar. These years are full of fast and nice cars that can be yours for way less than the price of a Diablo
I know there are some very nice replicas around, but still, I think it's better to keep dreaming about supercars instead of trying to own a wannabe

Of course if you are into replicas you have a complete different idea, but I think most of us would rather own a good sportcar like say a VX220/Speedster (for the Euro ones), an Elise, or even an M3 or something like that.. something that can give you pleasure when you drive it not just when you look at it

But well, don't be offended, this world is nice because we are all different and good luck on your project
Old 05-06-2004, 01:51 PM   #15
middleton7
Regular User

No offense taken. And I agree with the affordable sportscar deal. I owned a 93 M5 while in Germany and loved it. Recently sold a 94 Stealth twin turbo, upgraded and running about 400hp. If you noticed the info I gave on the kit, I'm putting a pressurized LS6 in the car. It's gonna be pushing close to 600HP....I think it'll be about as exciting to drive as to look at. Also, this frame is being built from plans from a complete breakdown of a REAL Diablo. It's going to be an exact replica frame and suspension, so if
I'm able to get the weight ratio close, it will be like driving the real thing.