Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 05-03-2006, 02:01 PM   #16
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by TeflonTron
Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by dannyroz
Originally Posted by Ronin005
oh no, not another crappy Vette!!
Exactly. All the car magz say the power of the Vette is awesome but just lacking a bit in the suspension department. I guess thats good old American enginuity for ya

Still 600hp from the factory is recockulous
Heres another one for you Nth... I guess 7m42s around the Nurburgring is "just lacking a bit in the suspension department"... :roll:
How many runs around the 'ring did GM take to set that time? 1? 100? How much of the suspension was tweaked according to each run to get a better time on the next lap?
Nth - here another one for you to take up.

How many runs - who the fuck cares - do you ask "How many runs does it take Porsche to perfect the 911 or CGT setup?"

I didn't think so.

The suspension was STOCK - all adjustments were within specs of the STOCK car. Whether you choose to believe it or not, the Sachs shocks used on the run are on the STOCK car.. the Goodyear Tyres used on the run are the STOCK tyres on the car... oh and the heigh adjustment? The car has a height adjustable suspension STOCK

Exactly how many times does this need to be repeated?

Exactly how many times do you have to see information posted by long time senior members who have NEVER posted bullshit, and in fact go out of their way to ONLY post facts and truth and in fact were invited to participate from an early time becaus eof the FACTS and HONESTY, before you take the informaiton on face value?

I will answer for you - You and others will NEVER accept this informaiotn because it doesn't fit in with your stupid Jeremy Clarkson view of al things American.

Why don't you call st-anger out for posting bullshit abou tPorsches?

Well?

Why do you simply accept what he says and posts for the facts they are?

I will tell you why - because he is posting about goddamned european car - thats' why.

And that is why I am leaving JW Because of this shit that continues year in and year out.

Have at it nth... good luck, you will need it.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 02:04 PM   #17
LotusGT1
Regular User

Stop being such a drama queen. You're taking this too far right now....

I mean, you're not going to let a guy driving a Golf with extensive bodykit tell you what a performance car is, now aren't you?
Old 05-03-2006, 02:14 PM   #18
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by LotusGT1
Stop being such a drama queen. You're taking this too far right now....
No it is not being taken to far - this is the point.

JW has been up for 3 years.

That is over 1000 days .. and every single day has some uninformed person making some comment about "shit americna this or shit american that" - followed 34 other uninformed yahoos with "Yeah - they sure suck at this and that blah blah blah"...

Day in and day out.

Every signle post concerning the Viper, vette, GT etc has to have somebody jump in with a "suck can't turn is crap blah blah" and then followed up by the same story again and again.

People are free to have what ever opinion they wan t- but it would seem that the facts that disprove those opinions are ignored and discarded and then uninformed commenst are made and yet more false information is perpetuated.

JW was originally intended to be a fun GLOBAL community - not to be a "eurofan" community with snide remarks leveled at every american all the time.

I have probably 50 people I have NOT invited to join JW because they would be very dissapointed in the immature opiions and comments and attitudes directed by many "euro fan boys".

TeflonTrons comment is a perfect example.

You don't see comments of Porsche or Ferrari prowess quesitoned like this.. and if they were, they would be accepted as soon as an aswer was given.

Here we are 3 years later and still this crap continues.

This is NOT the spirits and intent that Jabba had in mind - and I know, he invited me to join knowing exactly why I left RF, and the assurance was "This is a different bunch - they are true enthusiasts - they are reasonable - they will listen to reason and be fun to be around".

well - he was right, but we have lost so many of the original core group, and many of those that remain show their true colours daily.

This place was fun - now it's not.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:17 PM   #19
nthfinity
Regular User

Exactly. All the car magz say the power of the Vette is awesome but just lacking a bit in the suspension department. I guess thats good old American enginuity for ya

Heres another one for you Nth... I guess 7m42s around the Nurburgring is "just lacking a bit in the suspension department"... :roll:
How many runs around the 'ring did GM take to set that time? 1? 100? How much of the suspension was tweaked according to each run to get a better time on the next lap?
GM only spent 2 weeks in germany testing if memory serves.

in that time, the hot lap was the second of three laps. a warm up lap, hot lap, and a cool down lap with Jan Magnusun at the helm.

prior to setting the amazing lap time; who knows how much the Z06 team adjusted camber, castor; how many clicks on the suspension; ride height etc. it doesn't matter.

q:how many times to race cars change thier geometries prior to a race?
a: as many times as nessisary to get the pilot both comfortable, and as fast as he possibly can lap after lap.

the point is, the settings on the hot-lap were done with the same settings the production car has.

people complain that the vette lacks "feel" in the suspension... well; this is a similar complaint from many reviewers regarding the 1+++Million dollar Mclaren F1.

you people can't have it both ways. if the car lacks feel, and cost $65,000; and has such high tolerances; who is to argue anything about it feeling like the unpredictable Mclaren F1?

Meh, i'd take a W8 anyway, and trounce em all

well - he was right, but we have lost so many of the original core group, and many of those that remain show their true colours daily.
people dont realize how many really arn't here anymore. there are those who left publically... and the quiet dissenters who sometimes even still logon... but there isn't anything they feel worth posting about. that group almost seems invisible these days; even when some of us try to stir things up. 0X

Now I see why Jabba, Dan, and TT were doing what they did do back in early January; where before I didn't understand it. I can't say it was the wrong move.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:20 PM   #20
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
Meh, i'd take a W8 anyway, and trounce em all
I'll look youup in Michigan one day - be sure to arrange a secret meet with the white W8..

Good luck buddy - over and out
Old 05-03-2006, 02:23 PM   #21
LotusGT1
Regular User

What do you want? Convert every single person out there? Because of what? Because of who? Keep in mind that your ongoing efforts to drag the superiority of the Z06 compared to other sportscars into many topics didn't help either. There are a few guys here trying to push your buttons, just ingore those and talk with the ones that do appreciate the Z06 for what it is.

As long as this is an open forum you'll find uninformed idiots. Live with it. You're not going to find a place where this shit doesn't happen. On Corvetteforums there just the same pack of idiots, just with a different perspective. Same applies for every other forum. With size unfortunately comes stupidity.

BTW, it's not as dramatic as you depict the current situation IMO.

But anyway, ignore the "few juvenile ignorant pricks" and get over yourself.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:35 PM   #22
RC45
Regular User

What do you want? Convert every single person out there?
Convert who? nobody is trying convert anyone.

Because of what? Because of who? Keep in mind that your ongoing efforts to drag the superiority of the Z06 compared to other sportscars into many topics didn't help either.
What superiority? It is as capable - never said any different - if I drove a Citroen 2CV and people made false comments I would offer appropriate correct info.

There are a few guys here trying to push your buttons,
And JW as a community should have been above that. You guys still don't get it do you?

Hwy do you think Dan et el left? JW was supposed "the different" forum - the - but people are people and in the end the few ruin it for the many.

just ingore those and talk with the ones that do appreciate the Z06 for what it is.
It's not about the car - it's about the fact that everything "not euro" is picked apart and trashed simply because it's "not euro" - the same attitude and arrogance took Dans work as an example, for granted.

As long as this is an open forum you'll find uninformed idiots.
Long term members ought to move above that behaviour - afterall thats what was "supposed to make JW different"...

Live with it. You're not going to find a place where this shit doesn't happen. On Corvetteforums there just the same pack of idiots, just with a different perspective. Same applies for every other forum. With size unfortunately comes stupidity.
Which is why - again - wasn't JW "the different frum" - guess not.

BTW, it's not as dramatic as you depict the current situation IMO.

But anyway, ignore the "few juvenile ignorant pricks" and get over yourself.
Again - you guys really don't get why we had other long-timers leave.

Enjoy the stay.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:54 PM   #23
nthfinity
Regular User

Default Re: Blue Devil Vette to be produced.

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
Originally Posted by nthfinity
Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
Originally Posted by bmagni
600 hp... though doesn't say if its gonna be supercharged or NA

http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...4/TOC01ARCHIVE
It'll be NA. Americans know how to build high HP engines without forcefeeding them
ive already seen the S/C'd engine, hidden in another vehicle.
LIAR!!!!
http://www.nthimage.com/spy_shots/up...r_SS_LS9_1.jpg

it was in this vehicle
Old 05-03-2006, 05:32 PM   #24
TeflonTron
Regular User

Nth - here another one for you to take up.

How many runs - who the fuck cares - do you ask "How many runs does it take Porsche to perfect the 911 or CGT setup?"

I didn't think so.

The suspension was STOCK - all adjustments were within specs of the STOCK car. Whether you choose to believe it or not, the Sachs shocks used on the run are on the STOCK car.. the Goodyear Tyres used on the run are the STOCK tyres on the car... oh and the heigh adjustment? The car has a height adjustable suspension STOCK

Exactly how many times does this need to be repeated?

Exactly how many times do you have to see information posted by long time senior members who have NEVER posted bullshit, and in fact go out of their way to ONLY post facts and truth and in fact were invited to participate from an early time becaus eof the FACTS and HONESTY, before you take the informaiton on face value?

I will answer for you - You and others will NEVER accept this informaiotn because it doesn't fit in with your stupid Jeremy Clarkson view of al things American.

Why don't you call st-anger out for posting bullshit abou tPorsches?

Well?

Why do you simply accept what he says and posts for the facts they are?

I will tell you why - because he is posting about goddamned european car - thats' why.

And that is why I am leaving JW Because of this shit that continues year in and year out.

Have at it nth... good luck, you will need it.

Will you stop getting your panties in a bunch? I did not saying anything negative about the Z06. All I asked was how many laps GM ran the car at the 'ring before they got the final time, and how much tweaking to the suspension they did in order to achieve that. That was all. Are you so insecure that you are unable to answer a very, very simple question from someone such as myself who is simply asking a question so that he can receive an answer in order to better knowledge himself?
TeflonTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 05:45 PM   #25
nthfinity
Regular User

are these the same questions you had asked about P cars at the ring? or the BMW's, or mercs, or audi's, or whatever? is it so hard to believe that an American blue collar car can lap faster then the hard-edged exotics from europe?

cirtain information isn't made public... whether from GM, BMW, Ferrari etc. do you know the spring rates, and camber angles of your favorite cars?

its an odd question begging to get such a responce.

the facts remain the same.... and soon, we'll have HvS do the full supertest on the car at NS... will it, or wont it be faster then the 997 GT3? how fast is the 997 GT3?

if i were to "speculate" based on reliable information... the C6 Z will get a 7:46-48 with HvS driving.

keep in mind, the new Z is also running on crappy tire compounds that are run-flats
Old 05-03-2006, 06:00 PM   #26
TeflonTron
Regular User

No, it's not an odd question begging anything. This is a thread about the Blue Devil, is it not? I asked a very simple question about the current Z06's suspension and how many runs GM did at the 'ring and how they tweaked the settings to get a better time and a better car. No more or less than that. I couldn't care less about how others here and elsewhere bash the 'vette: I just wanted a simple answer to a simple question. I also couldn't give two figs about the Z06 vs 997 "battle" that people try and run with. The Z06 is a very, very fast car, be it in a straightline or on a track. Some people think that it looks like crap and others love it: the same holds true for any other car. There's really no need to defend either RC45 or the Z06 as I wasn't attacking either of them.

Not everyone who posts a question about the Z06 or America/American cars has an axe to grind.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:05 PM   #27
nthfinity
Regular User

Not everyone who posts a question about the Z06 or America/American cars has an axe to grind.
fair enough.

however, again, it is an odd question to ask people who weren't involved in engineering this car.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:13 PM   #28
TeflonTron
Regular User

Is it? RC seems to be very knowledgeable on the subject so I asked him whether he knew, that's all.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:55 PM   #29
dannyroz
Regular User

Holy crap! What just happened in this thread?

Anyhow, the reason I said about the Vette suspension being crappy is because from my numerous articles that I have read, most if not all say that the Vette is a great fast car but its not a drivers car. There is no feel with the road.

So in essence I should have made myself a little more clearer.

And since we went off topic a long time ago...I dont think all American cars suck but you have to admit that when it comes to handling we are just getting into the game. Its not our faults of course, we have long straights and thats what people have adapted to. Europe is the other way around with lots of trail roads and such. My 2 cents
Old 05-16-2006, 01:16 PM   #30
bmagni
Regular User

more news.

a supposedly GM dealer posted this on Digital Corvettes:

A special limited edition is being planned for next spring - no hard details until 1st of the year or so….”
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote