Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 11:46 AM   #16
TeflonTron
Regular User

Well, Allan (AllanLambo) has never had clutch problems, and he drives pretty hard in his modded SV, although he always says "I feather the clutch until about 10MPH, but after than all fucking hell breaks loose"!!

I don't think that it's so much an issue with the strength of the clutch and drivetrain, but rather that if they do break it's an expensive job to fix. Buying the car in the first place is expensive, but replaces clutches and the like simply because everyone wanted you to make a video of you crushing a Mustang, is something else!
Old 05-07-2005, 01:37 PM   #17
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by TeflonTron
Well, Allan (AllanLambo) has never had clutch problems, and he drives pretty hard in his modded SV, although he always says "I feather the clutch until about 10MPH, but after than all fucking hell breaks loose"!!

I don't think that it's so much an issue with the strength of the clutch and drivetrain, but rather that if they do break it's an expensive job to fix. Buying the car in the first place is expensive, but replaces clutches and the like simply because everyone wanted you to make a video of you crushing a Mustang, is something else!
OH God forbid... now we are quoting AllanLambo as the gospel... :roll:
Old 05-07-2005, 03:59 PM   #18
TeflonTron
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Well, Allan (AllanLambo) has never had clutch problems, and he drives pretty hard in his modded SV, although he always says "I feather the clutch until about 10MPH, but after that all fucking hell breaks loose"!!

OH God forbid... now we are quoting AllanLambo as the gospel... :roll:
I don't see anyone quoting what Allan says as "the Gospel", do you? What I did say, for those who have trouble with comprehension, was simply that he has never had any issues with his clutch. What I also implied, in case that is too much to understand as well, is that as long as you don't nail it from a dead stop, but instead let the car roll forward to a few MPH, the clutch should be fine. Anyway, what's your obvious problem with Allan? That he's an ego-maniac? Whooptie-do! Next you'll be saying that the Diablo SV isn't his as well!
Old 05-08-2005, 03:26 AM   #19
RC45
Regular User

I don't see anyone quoting what Allan says as "the Gospel", do you?
Actually you just quoted him...

What I did say, for those who have trouble with comprehension, was simply that he has never had any issues with his clutch.
Not that he has told you...

What I also implied, in case that is too much to understand as well, is that as long as you don't nail it from a dead stop, but instead let the car roll forward to a few MPH, the clutch should be fine.
WTF would that prove? Prove that all the "exotic" is good for is just to give a single car demo? Prove that the cars clutch and drive train is too brittle to be beat on from a stand still?

Rolling starts of any type are pretty stupid in anything except races of some distance around a race track.

In the real world of street driven cars they are just a novel poinless past time - as you never know who wins because they jumped the start.. and who wins because the NOS Diablo SV is really as fast as they claim.

Anyway, what's your obvious problem with Allan? That he's an ego-maniac? Whooptie-do! Next you'll be saying that the Diablo SV isn't his as well!
Sounds like you are involved in a long distance relationship there.
Old 05-08-2005, 06:19 AM   #20
TeflonTron
Regular User

I don't see anyone quoting what Allan says as "the Gospel", do you?
Actually you just quoted him...

What I did say, for those who have trouble with comprehension, was simply that he has never had any issues with his clutch.
Not that he has told you...

What I also implied, in case that is too much to understand as well, is that as long as you don't nail it from a dead stop, but instead let the car roll forward to a few MPH, the clutch should be fine.
WTF would that prove? Prove that all the "exotic" is good for is just to give a single car demo? Prove that the cars clutch and drive train is too brittle to be beat on from a stand still?

Rolling starts of any type are pretty stupid in anything except races of some distance around a race track.

In the real world of street driven cars they are just a novel poinless past time - as you never know who wins because they jumped the start.. and who wins because the NOS Diablo SV is really as fast as they claim.

Anyway, what's your obvious problem with Allan? That he's an ego-maniac? Whooptie-do! Next you'll be saying that the Diablo SV isn't his as well!
Sounds like you are involved in a long distance relationship there.
Hmm. RC45: you're one funny son-of-a-bitch, and you ain't even trying!

The point that I was trying to make was simply that with a Diablo or Murcielago there is no need to try and go for Armageddon from a stoplight, as most Mustangs, Supras and Corvettes, unless pretty heavily tuned, aren't going to win anyway. Moreover, from a roll, most of the musings that I've read from Lambo owners, are that from a 70MPH roll they should be in 2nd gear, but instead go and start out in third. I don't need to explain to you the difference that this makes in performance. Again, the car can post the numbers, but driving along at 70MPH in 2nd gear on the highway whilst the shitheal in his "souped up" Mustang lines the cars up and fiddles around with his camera, is not good for the drivetrain in the slightest. The clutch on a Murcielago, should it break, costs a heck of a lot more than the clutch on the Mustang or Supra, and owners of 1/4 million Dollar cars in the main, don't want to risk that, and why should they? Heck, they have the Exotic already, so there's no need to show off to their buddies or in order to get the girls. One Diablo owner who I do give huge props to though, is the owner of the 6.0 in the video of the race between him and Havoc in his tuned T/A. He says that he'll "race anyone, anytime, as long as it's safe".

Going back to Allan in closing: what's your issue? Is it because he's an arrogant bastard? Or are you one of those people who still subscribe to the theory that he's full of shit and the Diablo SV isn't his? Or, is it because he has the Exotic, and you don't?
Old 05-08-2005, 11:51 AM   #21
RC45
Regular User

The point that I was trying to make was simply that with a Diablo or Murcielago there is no need to try and go for Armageddon from a stoplight, as most Mustangs, Supras and Corvettes, unless pretty heavily tuned, aren't going to win anyway. Moreover, from a roll, most of the musings that I've read from Lambo owners, are that from a 70MPH roll they should be in 2nd gear, but instead go and start out in third.
Now why the fuck would you spend all that money, have all that car, and then just "pose" around in 3rd gear.. ??

Unless you just dropped the cash on a penis extension and were not a true motor enthusiast.

Based on AllanLambos personality - or lack there of - you can bet that the Lambo owner is not going to back down and "just roll from 3rd" on purpose, this is just a convenient excuse for those that can't drive worth a shit, or whose cars are actually slower than they think

Need I remind you of all the Enzos that have been driven by these egos and crashed and burned (literally) because they can't drive worth a fuck?

I don't need to explain to you the difference that this makes in performance. Again, the car can post the numbers, but driving along at 70MPH in 2nd gear on the highway whilst the shitheal in his "souped up" Mustang lines the cars up and fiddles around with his camera, is not good for the drivetrain in the slightest.
So you are admitting that the drivetrain is inherently weak then?

The clutch on a Murcielago, should it break, costs a heck of a lot more than the clutch on the Mustang or Supra, and owners of 1/4 million Dollar cars in the main, don't want to risk that, and why should they?
You have to pay to play - if the bloke spent his last dollar on the car, and now has no money to modify of maintain it - it's his fault isn't it?

Strangely enough, teher is an exotic mechanic with a small custom shop down the street from a good friend - and the few times we have been around this shop when owners have come to pickup their exotics, they actually do beat the snot out of them, and enjoy doing so - well at least the car enthusiast ones that would never "cruise" in 3rd and then get beat by a Mustang or Supra and then fall back on the "but I have an exotic so win the game of life" excuse - that response is reserved for the toffy nosed snobs who just spend cash on cars to bolster their own self image - the penis extension crowd.

Heck, they have the Exotic already, so there's no need to show off to their buddies or in order to get the girls.
Oh - wait - you admit that most of the exotics are just penis extensions then

One Diablo owner who I do give huge props to though, is the owner of the 6.0 in the video of the race between him and Havoc in his tuned T/A. He says that he'll "race anyone, anytime, as long as it's safe".
Then why not ask HIM the truth about what happens when he lines up alongside a $100,000 Veilside-type Supra?

Going back to Allan in closing: what's your issue? Is it because he's an arrogant bastard? Or are you one of those people who still subscribe to the theory that he's full of shit and the Diablo SV isn't his? Or, is it because he has the Exotic, and you don't?
You ever consumated this long distance relationship of yours?

Originally Posted by brembo
What I find strange with your statement is that the Murci and the Gallardo should be so damn weak as you say, first I havnt seen anything about this, and if it where true I think there would be alot of info about it on the web.....
Or the other side of the story is that most are driven by posers and wannabes and they baby the cars the entire time of the lease..

And the few that did get broken, simply get paid for and fixed..

As has been said before - you gotta pay to play
Old 05-08-2005, 12:07 PM   #22
mindgam3
Regular User

I think you've (kinda?) hit the nail on the head for once RC45.

Enthusiasts who tune their cars extensively (whether it be yank trash or rice burners) are more likely to know how to look after their car and drive their cars.

Most exotica owner do have their cars as penis extensions as you rightly say and think that their just another bimmer they can hop in and drive and have no regards for the cars ability or looking after it - as the fact is, whether exotica or highly modded cars, both are in high state of tune and do need the correct treatment.

Either way, I know which one i'd prefer, faster or not....
Old 05-08-2005, 12:19 PM   #23
RC45
Regular User

^^^^^ Whoa - we almost connected there...

And as far as "which to have, faster or not" - while there is something to be said for driving a recognizable exotic (Although most of the people you would be trying to impress wouldn't know an exotic if it ran over them on their way to their pathetic job anyway ) - but there is also something to be said for driving a relatively common sleeper car

Now - on the exotic thing, what is the real motivation for buying a car that is plastered on the bedroom walls of every 13 year old boy in the world... ?
Old 05-08-2005, 01:05 PM   #24
mindgam3
Regular User

Now - on the exotic thing, what is the real motivation for buying a car that is plastered on the bedroom walls of every 13 year old boy in the world... ?
Heritage, history, soul, sound, sense of occasion, relative performance, relative exclusivity. And I think you answered your own question really; those enthusiasts who own exotica most likely had similar cars plastered over their walls when they were 13 - its a dream, its something to aspire to

Although most 13 year olds now probably have rice on their walls, hardly insipational IMO

Most people would look at you in the same way they do someone in a ferrari or (at least over here where they're as rare as fezzas) - that with a "fast car" and a penis extension.... do you have a penis extension RC45?
Old 05-08-2005, 01:40 PM   #25
TeflonTron
Regular User

RC: I'm not going to quote everything that you said, but I will ask this: what is your obsession with Allan and his Lambo? You seem 100% unable to answer the question that I posed to you, and instead, by way of answer, you feel the need to suggest that he and I have some kind of love affair! It seems to me, and correct me if I'm wrong, but you obviously have some kind of issue with Allan, but kindly don't drag me into it.

No, I didn't just admit that Lambo's have weak drivetrains. What I did say, as you don't seem able to understand, was that rolling around in 2nd gear at 70MPH whilst waiting for the guy in the other car to start the race, isn't good for the car. I wouldn't say most, but I do agree that a large percentage of people who buy exotics do so for the ego boost, not because they like to drive fast. However, buying something and then running it hard simply so pimply teenagers can yell "OMG!! I watched a video of a Lambo smoke a Z06" is stupid. Being able to afford something, and desiring to spend money on maintaing that same thing, are not the same, and you'd be an idiot to think that.

What's up with the comment on the Veilside? Because it could beat a Diablo? Whoopti-do. The guy who owns the 6.0 likes to race, even if he loses, as long as he has fun. Why not race your 'Vette against a Diablo and film the sorry result?
Old 05-08-2005, 02:19 PM   #26
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
But I have a problem with your comment that the driveline and clutches are notoriously weak as I havnt seen or heard anything supporting this so until you can come up with something supporting your claim I call BS on it.....cuz if they where notoriously weak it would be an issue......
Remember - I am a wore out old fucker who still thinks the last true super car was the f40..

So my "Lambo's are notorius for their weak clutches and drivelines" comments are more correctly based on the truth of the Countach and Diablo - which are not known for being the toughest out there..

As far as the Murci and Gallardo - there are VW-mobiles so don't really count as exotics anyway...

Originally Posted by mindgam3
Most people would look at you in the same way they do someone in a ferrari or (at least over here where they're as rare as fezzas) - that with a "fast car" and a penis extension.... do you have a penis extension RC45?
I am married - I barely have a use for a penis any more.. what the hell would I do with a penis extension...
Old 05-08-2005, 02:32 PM   #27
mindgam3
Regular User

I am married - I barely have a use for a penis any more..
unlucky
Old 05-08-2005, 02:38 PM   #28
RC45
Regular User

RC: I'm not going to quote everything that you said
That's ok - I got you covered mate...

, but I will ask this: what is your obsession with Allan and his Lambo?
My obsession? You're the one quoting him as a valid source of opinion..

You seem 100% unable to answer the question that I posed to you, and instead, by way of answer, you feel the need to suggest that he and I have some kind of love affair! It seems to me, and correct me if I'm wrong, but you obviously have some kind of issue with Allan, but kindly don't drag me into it.
He's all your's - I won't try come between you 2.. if that's what you are worried about.

No, I didn't just admit that Lambo's have weak drivetrains. What I did say, as you don't seem able to understand, was that rolling around in 2nd gear at 70MPH whilst waiting for the guy in the other car to start the race, isn't good for the car.
Isn't good for the car? How the hell else are you going to extract the performance that was engineered into it, if you don't use it the way the engineers intended it to be used? Have you ever seen the videos of Valentino Balboni?

You don't get a car tp deliver on it's potential by lumbering around in 3rd.. you stomp on it and make it go fast.

If you are a half decent driver, you know what rpm/gear/speed you would need to be in, and at the correct moment, down shift and go.

Period.

Anything else is being a pussy-arsed wet noodle

I wouldn't say most, but I do agree that a large percentage of people who buy exotics do so for the ego boost, not because they like to drive fast.
You can go ahead and say most - because it is most.

However, buying something and then running it hard simply so pimply teenagers can yell "OMG!! I watched a video of a Lambo smoke a Z06" is stupid.
But wait a minute - that would seem to be the motivation of Allan Lambo and his buddies --- right?

Being able to afford something, and desiring to spend money on maintaing that same thing, are not the same, and you'd be an idiot to think that.
In other words, just because you flaunt your wealth with $300,000 cars and $100,000 wrist watches when you need neither - you are really just being a snob and flaunting your wealth - aka penis extension..

What's up with the comment on the Veilside? Because it could beat a Diablo?
No Einstein - because these modded cars can cost upwards of $150,000 after all the materials and labour are accounte for - in other words - these owners CAN afford some exotica, but prefer to flaunt their wealth by buying/building super expensive money pits that will return nothing - expect fun and speed.

In otherword, like Jay leno - (doesn't he think Ferraris are over rated), they are TRUE auto enthusiasts - not snobs..

Whoopti-do. The guy who owns the 6.0 likes to race, even if he loses, as long as he has fun. Why not race your 'Vette against a Diablo and film the sorry result?
Why not? Because they all back down, or are rolling from 3rd gear so I know the jackass behind the wheel can't drive worth a shit, and probably only has 100 miles behind the wheel of the car, all from driving down to the Louis Vuitton boutique..

The day a well driven Lambo shows up - that's the day we go - head to head camera's rolling..
Old 05-08-2005, 02:42 PM   #29
TeflonTron
Regular User

"I'm married. That's what married means. It means you sleep together, but you can't get none" - Martain Lawrence, Bad Boys
Old 05-09-2005, 10:50 AM   #30
RC45
Regular User

Here is a perfect example of why you should get out use, and learn to drive your "exotica" instead of just cruising around in 3rd gear to "save the drivetrain"...

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/badredcar.html
Closed Thread