Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 10-15-2004, 11:41 AM   #31
Just_me
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
Originally Posted by PeleProdigyGTO
I'm pretty sure everywhere I've looked sais 0-60 for M3 is around 4.7, and for the S4 it's over 5. I know 0-60 isn't the end all indicator of performance, but still, it's faster. What are the S4 numbers then?

I dont care about 0-100 numbers it doesnt mean shit really, yeah it says how fast it is in a straight line wich nobody here argue.......but on a track it is faster and thats what counts when comparing how fast two cars are.....

It doesnt matter if you are the first one to the turn in, when you cant get thru the turn......
thats up to the driver, only reason is cause the S4 is easier to drive but with a real pro behind, its different.
SportAuto:

S4
Hockenheim: 1.18,1 min

Avant:
Hockenheim: 1.19,1 min
Nordschleife: 8.29 min

Cabrio:
Hockenheim: 1.20,2 min

M3:
Hockenheim: 1.17,6 min
Hockenheim: 1.16,3 min
Nordschleife: 8.22 min

M3 Cabrio:
Hockenheim: 1.18,4 min

Brembo, you little fanboy
Old 10-15-2004, 12:27 PM   #32
possessed_beaver
Regular User

Originally Posted by DeMoN
headlights = mazda 6 anyone?
nah, i reckon it looks like the LEXUX is200/is300 headlights

maybee im the only one who can see it?
possessed_beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 01:17 PM   #33
PeleProdigyGTO
Regular User

I'm thinkin' all these numbers everyone posted are in the favor of the M3 being faster around the track too. You got some numbers to prove us wrong?
PeleProdigyGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 07:31 PM   #34
Vansquish
Regular User

Originally Posted by PeleProdigyGTO
I'm pretty sure everywhere I've looked sais 0-60 for M3 is around 4.7, and for the S4 it's over 5. I know 0-60 isn't the end all indicator of performance, but still, it's faster. What are the S4 numbers then?

I dont care about 0-100 numbers it doesnt mean shit really, yeah it says how fast it is in a straight line wich nobody here argue.......but on a track it is faster and thats what counts when comparing how fast two cars are.....

It doesnt matter if you are the first one to the turn in, when you cant get thru the turn......
I think it would depend greatly on the course and the conditions thereof as to whether the S4 could hold a candle to the M3. Granted, it is a very quick vehicle, but the weight bias and drivetrain are heavily in favor of understeer rather than neutral or slightly tail-happy handling...both of which tend to be characteristics of quick track-cars. In the real world in wet or icy weather I have no doubt that the S4's quattro drivetrain would pull it leagues ahead of an M3...more to the point, it would pull away from almost any vehicle this side of a Lancer EVO or a Subaru Impreza STi in those conditions. Anyway, I'd be curious to see the source of your S4-quickest track-times and what they were for that matter. I'm a fan of both, but the M3 has always plucked the heartstrings a little stronger for me except in terms of styling.
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 12:31 PM   #35
Just_me
Regular User

Originally Posted by mindgam3

you saying the M3 isnt a good handling car?

I'd take the M3 over the S4 anyday - more fun

i think we've been here before tho..... several times

LOL nope the M3 is a great handling car no doubt, and its loads of fun to drive too, but the fastes way around a bend is not going sideways and this is where the Audi is better in my opinion......
aha, so this is how the game works.
First you saying S4 is faster than M3, later you say its faster on a track and now this. What is the next, that S4 has better rims too
Old 10-16-2004, 09:59 PM   #36
PeleProdigyGTO
Regular User

Seriously... LOL don't say a cars faster and then have other people post times proving you wrong, then just say it's better "In your opinion". WTF mate?
PeleProdigyGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 12:29 AM   #37
adamk24
Regular User

I think the M3 is the faster car on both the drag strip and the road coarse. At least the american version of the s4 is alot heavier than our m3.
adamk24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 03:07 PM   #38
Just_me
Regular User

[quote="brembo"]
@Just_me I didnt change my opinion or anything and if a car is faster around a track its faster in real life too.......

if you have troubble understanding this you are just beyond help....... :roll:
quote]

haha, Im starting to believe your reallife is a fantasy
Old 10-17-2004, 05:04 PM   #39
ferrari550
Regular User

I think it looks great!!
But i think it looks like the new subaru legacy GT, anyone think so?
Old 10-17-2004, 05:14 PM   #40
budagboy2
Regular User

the front really looks great, i think the current rs4 looks fat and to rounded in the front
budagboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 05:24 PM   #41
Just_me
Regular User

Originally Posted by everso
Originally Posted by Just_me

the S4 *is* faster around a track. for sure.
yes for a driver that dont drive much on a track but for a pro a M3 got more potential and is also faster.
Audinerds like you and brembo disagree. But thats only casue you cant accept the truth.
Old 10-17-2004, 08:50 PM   #42
Sachmo12345
Regular User

that looks nice as hell i love the wheels

Xbox Live Gamertag: sachmo12345
Sachmo12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 02:22 AM   #43
Just_me
Regular User

yes for a driver that dont drive much on a track but for a pro a M3 got more potential and is also faster.
Audinerds like you and brembo disagree. But thats only casue you cant accept the truth.
i don't think neither Brembo or myself will dispute that the M3 is a great car and lots of fun.

and this argument could be turned around and i could call you a "bmwnerd in denial" just as easily.

my opinions are based off my experience on the track. S4s are just as tunable, if not MORE tunable than an M3. they do great on the track. Maybe you just haven't seen enough Audis
funny, you need to tune your car to beat a M3. Whatever, if it makes you feel better so fine by me.
I dont think we can go any further with this subject. You have your opinion , I have mine.

I dont have any grudge against Audi, I would choose audi over mercedes anyday but not BMW
Old 10-18-2004, 03:46 AM   #44
Just_me
Regular User

i don't think neither Brembo or myself will dispute that the M3 is a great car and lots of fun.

and this argument could be turned around and i could call you a "bmwnerd in denial" just as easily.

my opinions are based off my experience on the track. S4s are just as tunable, if not MORE tunable than an M3. they do great on the track. Maybe you just haven't seen enough Audis
funny, you need to tune your car to beat a M3. Whatever, if it makes you feel better so fine by me.
I dont think we can go any further with this subject. You have your opinion , I have mine.

I dont have any grudge against Audi, I would choose audi over mercedes anyday but not BMW
erm...i didn't say an S4 has to be tuned to beat an M3 on the track. a STOCK S4 can beat a STOCK M3...it happens all the time. Don't just make up stuff to cover your lack of knowledge

and S4s definitely have more tuning potential
I have no lack of knowledge, so dont give me that BS.
Of course a S4 can beat a M3, the reason for that is the driver. A volvo S60R can also beat a ferrari.
you have your opininon, let's leave it there. you wont convience me and I wont convience you. Enuff said.
Old 10-18-2004, 10:32 AM   #45
chest3r
Regular User

I loved it. In black it looks very good.

The last RS4 was fantastic, I hope this version would be even better. But I will always prefer the M3. Rear traction has more fun than total traction 8)