Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 08-28-2004, 12:46 AM   #31
nthfinity
Regular User

sorry to hear the bad fortune of your water cooling leak
i suppose another reason im glad my computer sounds like a hoover vacuume cleaner
im sure you will come out on top... however... time does have a price... and often is quite upsetting when dealing on the phone, or dealing with anybody who cant make a decision one way or another, but rather, wastes your time in listening to your story, while stating company policy...
now im ranting :roll:
good luck, Jabba
Old 08-28-2004, 07:35 AM   #32
jon_s
Regular User

Talking of Lawyers, this has been going round legal circles quicker than, well, something very quick! This is what you can expect the next time you deal with a lawyer!

http://www.rollonfriday.com/voicemessage.wav

Jabba, I hope this is not your legal team
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 07:52 AM   #33
stradale
Regular User

^^^ Jeez.... :shock:

Sorry to hear about what happened, Jabba. I sure hope savrow will help you out straight away. It is their responsibility because they sold you the faulty vapochill. Whether the damaged video cards were supplied by savrow is irrelevant. I hope this issue is going to be solved soon.
Old 08-28-2004, 11:23 AM   #34
mindgam3
Regular User

So what have Savrow said? That its not their fault and their not going to do anything about it? Or are you waiting to hear from them?

Euhm, warranty does not cover water damage or any kind of other fysical damage.

Warranty only covers production faults.
Warranty on the card won't be covered, but warranty for the Savrow system should be. It is a production fault if the vapochill system failed.... and its savrows responsibility to ensure that everything they put into their computers are not faulty
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 04:48 PM   #35
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by mindgam3
So what have Savrow said? That its not their fault and their not going to do anything about it? Or are you waiting to hear from them?

Euhm, warranty does not cover water damage or any kind of other fysical damage.

Warranty only covers production faults.
Warranty on the card won't be covered, but warranty for the Savrow system should be. It is a production fault if the vapochill system failed.... and its savrows responsibility to ensure that everything they put into their computers are not faulty
Savrow are now washing their hands of it as they are blaming me for damaging the hose when I fitted the new VC.

They know full well I would not have - and I did not honestly go anywhere near that part of the system. Anyone that has ever fitted a video card before will tell you it takes less than five minutes to do. I have built numerous PC's before and would consider this to be one of the most basic upgrades anyone could carry out.

I never mentioned this previously but the first processor also failed due to a condensation issue from the vapochill hence why they replaced the original 3.2 ghz processor with a new 3.4 ghz processor. Although I was assured that the system was safe to run 24/7 there was a good chance that this caused the first processor to fail (being left idle for long periods of time causes condensation to form). I was assured there had been adjustments made to the vapochill cooling system that would allow me to run the system 24/7 without any further problems after the second processor was fitted.

The first time I put this to the test was a few days ago when I left the system running 24/7 powering a webcam that a few people were able to see on JW...the rest is history as they say.

There has now been a post made by a moderator on the vaporchill forums confirming that there is indeed a very good chance that the condensation issues that damaged my video cards would have been caused by leaving the system on 24/7.

Frankly I am disgusted at the sudden change in attitude from Savrow. I guess its a case of the old story once again - they put one face on when you are buying something and promise the earth to you and another face on when the product doesn't live up to their promises or there are any problems with it.

I regret ever recommending Savrow to you and should you mention this to Ali who will no doubt blame everything on me fitting a new VC, simply ask him what happened in the case of the first processor a few days after I took delivery of the system. I also have numerous pictures and e-mails from his R&D team confirming these problems with the system that have now surfaced once again.
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 04:59 PM   #36
X-ale
Regular User

OOOoohhhh this is very bad man. I'm real sorry to hear this. Even more sorry for you tho. I hate to ask but curiosity demands, is this an issue normal for 24/7 liquid cooled system or just the VP?
Old 08-28-2004, 05:19 PM   #37
Jabba
Regular User

No idea about other cooling systems. After a lot of hard thinking being able to run a system 24/7 is more important to me than the extra 600 mhz that the VP allows me to over clock out of my 3.4 ghz (3.4 to 4.0 ghz)

Currently looking at converting it to an air cooled system.
Old 08-28-2004, 05:53 PM   #38
No.1
Regular User

Woah... this blows Jabba

Savrow have obviously no sense of pride, or loyalty. I really hope you get your system sorted... it will be such a shame to loose that performance, but necessary to keep your system working properly. BTW - i got a 1.7GHz Processor, so you are still 2x as fast as me :fadein:

As regards to recomending the company, i just hope that mindgam3 has a great experience with Savrow, and that thei after sales care is better on his laptop
Old 08-28-2004, 05:59 PM   #39
X-ale
Regular User

What if you change casing where condensation dropplets don't fall on anything. Isn't there a possible position? Seems skechy tho.
Old 08-28-2004, 06:03 PM   #40
Jabba
Regular User

Yes I have considered that but the thought of having just paid £750 for two water damaged cards and another £375 for a third one kinda puts me off anything to do with PC's and water ever again.
Old 08-28-2004, 06:21 PM   #41
X-ale
Regular User

Yeah I understand but a good quiet fan system is quite expensive too + the cleaning up is a bitch. I mean, since you already have the VP. If you can avoid more extensive costs by replacing the casing. There's prolly some forums around on liquid cooling pro/cons... This is painful to me also cuz I was hoping to swap to liquid too.
Old 08-28-2004, 06:29 PM   #42
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by X-ale
There's prolly some forums around on liquid cooling pro/cons... This is painful to me also cuz I was hoping to swap to liquid too.
Cant get better than the official forums...for VP anyway.

http://forum.vapochill.com/showthrea...5&pagenumber=2
Old 08-28-2004, 06:49 PM   #43
X-ale
Regular User

Thanks.

Originally Posted by stergiopilus
Anyway, back to the thread. The only real way you can fix the condensation is to take the current insulation off, get some new stuff that is slightly thicker too, and then put that on.

You could also get a bigger piece and slide it over the top of the current insulation as well. I've done that and it works really well.
Originally Posted by Rukee
repair the foam insulation just above the clamshell.
Even at stock speeds a Vapo`d CPU will perform better then one on air due to thermal aceleration.
You shouldn't give entirely up yet. Maybe one of these dudes know a dude that can do it up good.
Old 08-28-2004, 07:01 PM   #44
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by X-ale
Thanks.

Originally Posted by Rukee
repair the foam insulation just above the clamshell.
Even at stock speeds a Vapo`d CPU will perform better then one on air due to thermal aceleration.
Would that break the savrow warranty? If it's still existing...
As I have already said...they are washing their hands of it completely...as I fitted the new VC.
Old 08-28-2004, 07:13 PM   #45
X-ale
Regular User

Originally Posted by Jabba
As I have already said...they are washing their hands of it completely...as I fitted the new VC.
Sorry, I didn't understand that when you first mentioned it. And I read p2 b4 p1... figured i should edit my post...