Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 03-24-2007, 12:07 PM   #1
Made in the USA
Regular User

Default Yet another Forza 2 etc thread

So I am planning on getting a 360 just for Forza 2. Unless it turns out to not live up to the first one. Let me just say this. I understand that GTL and GTR2 are better. I have both on PC and there is no question they are much more realistic. But I have (tried) to play GTR2 with a controller and its just terrible. I can see how you really need a wheel to enjoy that game and I will probably get one eventually.

So saying that can we please not compare Forza 2 or GT5 to the PC games for the sake of my question. I have an Xbox 1 and absolutely loved Forza, I played career mode to level 50 twice and played a TON of online games. I know its not as realistic as the PC GT games but I enjoy it more. That said will Forza 2 live up to the first one? Or should I consider the PS3 and GT5 (or is it GT4 that is comming out?)?

Also my 2nd favorite racing game is RalliSport Challenge 2. Are they going to make a RSC3? Also will there be a TOCA4? Will there be a MotoGP 4? Will Colin McRay: Dirt be better on 360 or PS3 or PC?
What is the best console to get for someone like me that wants to play all or as many of those games as possible with a controller?

Thanks
Made in the USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 01:06 AM   #2
Pokiou
Regular User

Im in the same boat mate. If Forza is a let down. im getting a g25 and a ps3 and Gran Turismo for the ps3...

so far the graphics on both look good.. but i must admit the PS3 graphics LOOK alot better as the xbox360 looks cartoonish... and there is WAY to much contrast on all the images i have seen.

btw i got GTR2 and a steering wheel and race with RC45... best game.. BEST GAME ever if u can put up with noobs not knowing how to brake

Pok
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:38 PM   #3
666fast
Regular User

If you want GT5 (or whatever it'll be called) you'll be in for quite a wait. It's still years away.

I do think Forza 2 will live up to the hype

There has been no news about a Rallisport 3, I'd like to think i's coming out, the other two were a blast

Toca 4, no idea, but probably

MotoGP 07 has already been anounced. Will have the new 800cc bikes as well

Colin McCrea looks good, but I couldn't tell you which version will be better.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:01 PM   #4
Pokiou
Regular User

GTR2 and GTL so far is the best .. but i havnt played GTL but im assuming cause its the same as GTR2 but old cars..

i believe the PC needs games like Gran Turismo or forza.. where you can MOD the car and track race it rather then single platform or race cars done over ...

Pok
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:11 PM   #5
RC45
Regular User

You need to get hold of Virtua_LM. http://www.virtua-lm.com/

Really enjoyable as well.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote