Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 02-07-2007, 04:18 AM   #1
1zippo1
Regular User

Default Which PS2 steering wheel

I've just gotten an PS2 from my girlfriend (I know PS3 is just on the way, but I don't mind because the games are still too expensive).

I'm now playing Gran Turismo 4 and I love it!!
I switched the buttons which I used for steering with the analogue joysticks.
But I suppose nothing gives you as much control as a real steering wheel.

I doubt if I need force feedback because I doubt it feels realistic (does the steering really weigh up in bends for instance or does it just starts vibrating?).

Which steering wheel do you guys recommend? With or without force feedback... Oh and nothing which costs more then 80euros plz.

thx for your advice!!
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 07:19 AM   #2
1zippo1
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
I have the Logitech Driving Force Pro - and it's really a whole different thing than the analogue pad... much much more realistic!
I thought the Trustmaster Ferrari wheel was quite cheap (35euros)... But I wonder if it's any good. Thrustmaster is normally top quality.

It's only 5 euro more expensive then an original PS2 gamepad and you get a gamepad + steering wheel for the price!

The Logitech Driving Force Pro is 140euros, that's a bit pricy IMO. It's more then the PS2.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:56 PM   #3
Svensson
Regular User

I bought the Logitech G25 especially for GTR2. Best "amateur" wheel you can get, but not very cheap.

I don't know how seriously you take your racing games, but I really wouldn't go with Thrustmaster steering wheels if I were you. I think the only good option for your kind of budget is the Logitech DFP, like Dani said already. The factory price is €140,- but if you shop around on the internet, you can find it for under €100,-.

Check this site for example, most of them also deliver in Belgium:
http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/11615...o-prijzen.html
Old 02-07-2007, 06:46 PM   #4
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by 1zippo1
The Logitech Driving Force Pro is 140euros, that's a bit pricy IMO. It's more then the PS2.
140 Euros? DAMN! Thats expensive man. I think if you search ebay you can easily get one for less than 100 USD. I think thats less than 80 Euros correct?
Old 02-21-2007, 11:53 AM   #5
1zippo1
Regular User

So I've bought that cheap Trustmaster Ferrari wheel. I would have bought a better wheel if I was the only one using the tv. With my girlfriend, I can only manage to play max 1 hour a day.

Does anyone now how to adjust the deadzone of the wheel in Gran Turismo 4?
Deadzone=the zone round the center which doesn't respond to any input.
Because the deadzone spans at least 40° left and 40°right of the center position. So small inputs are allmost impossible. And that's exactly the reason why I bought a wheel.
In every pc racing games since 1995 it was possible to adjust this setting (deadzone).
Old 02-22-2007, 11:09 AM   #6
taygunho
Regular User

So small inputs are allmost impossible. And that's exactly the reason why I bought a wheel.
because of this dani and the others said "BUY DFP" just kiding I have no idea how can you adjust this settings.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:22 PM   #7
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Well I dont have much experience with wheels as I havent used them for a game but maybe 5 times.

I think the problem you are having is your wheel according to IGN only supports 240* turning and you want more than that I assume or am I off?

*EDIT*
Wait I read your post again. I dont think you can adjust the deadzone on the PS2, unless there is an menu in the options -> Wheel Settings. If not then I think your screwed.
Old 02-23-2007, 05:33 AM   #8
1zippo1
Regular User

Originally Posted by Pimp Racer
If not then I think your screwed.
my guess as well... but I thought asking couldn't do any bad