Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 12-10-2007, 01:07 PM   #91
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
The ONLY way to go is full on simulation! Everything else feels silly to drive. Same with GTR. The most fun cars to drive are the "easiest" to spin...
And GTR's only $10 at regular stores now too!
HeilSvenska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 01:47 PM   #92
fabro_s
Regular User

Well $10 or $20 bucks for a game is a bargain compared to the 50$ or 60$ you pay for a PS3 or 360 game, but we are forgetting that in order to enjoy a sim game like this you need the proper tools "sim wheel", the new Logithech would be it, but that thing is 300$ or 400$ bucks if I can remember...

"Perfezione Leggera Italiana"
fabro_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 02:28 PM   #93
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by fabro_s View Post
Well $10 or $20 bucks for a game is a bargain compared to the 50$ or 60$ you pay for a PS3 or 360 game, but we are forgetting that in order to enjoy a sim game like this you need the proper tools "sim wheel", the new Logithech would be it, but that thing is 300$ or 400$ bucks if I can remember...
If you really want the sim experience to the fullest, the budget can get VERY big.... $10,000..... even $30,000+

But, for the casual sim racer, a Logitech GT, or MOMO is all that one needs, and they can be had for under 100$ now.

You need a decent processor to run the online racing (which is much more fun) so a pentium 4 or similar would work, a gig of ram would be recomended, and a Geforce 6xxx series is good enough to run full hi-def in the game.

Word is, that Simbin is working on a Ferrari ONLY sim that will work even better with a PCI physics card.... hardcore!
Old 12-10-2007, 02:44 PM   #94
fabro_s
Regular User

If you really want the sim experience to the fullest, the budget can get VERY big.... $10,000..... even $30,000+

You need a decent processor to run the online racing (which is much more fun) so a pentium 4 or similar would work, a gig of ram would be recomended, and a Geforce 6xxx series is good enough to run full hi-def in the game.

nth, I guess ill stick with my 360 and Forza 2 LOL

"Perfezione Leggera Italiana"
fabro_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 03:07 PM   #95
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by fabro_s View Post
nth, I guess ill stick with my 360 and Forza 2 LOL
360 for $400
Forza 2 $60

PC - already have
Geforce 6200 .... prolly 100$ or less
FFB wheel less then 100$
GTR/ GTR2/ GT L combined price of 30-40$

you're really missing a lot

(BTW, I'm playing on a VERY old processor, and it only can't handle online gaming in the rain)
Old 12-10-2007, 06:00 PM   #96
RC45
Regular User

Word is, that Simbin is working on a Ferrari ONLY sim that will work even better with a PCI physics card.... hardcore!
physics card game rumours have been aorund for a while - and each time theywere tested, the reality was "not much improvement" for the price and hassle. I'll believe a decent one when I see it onsale on the shelf making a decent difference

oh - and for the GT Legends fans, here's a little video I cooked up a year or so ago, that stayed under wraps till now...

Last edited by RC45; 12-11-2007 at 01:42 AM.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote