Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 11-19-2009, 12:02 PM   #1
nthfinity
Regular User

Default Florida man crashes 10 exotic cars in 3 years

73 Year Old Has Wrecked Over 10 Exotic Cars

November 10, 2009 Here at Wrecked Exotics, we've seen our share of crazy drivers, but even we were taken aback when an anonymous tipster let us in on what is surely the most insane exotic car owner in the world.
We proudly present to you: The "King of Wrecked Exotics", a 73 year old Florida businessman who has managed to destroy at least 10 exotic cars in the last 3 years.
We of course would be honored to shake the hand of the man who, despite being involved in some horrible wrecks, has managed to walk away from each one AND still have the balls to keep driving like an insane bat out of hell. And did we mention he's 73 friggin years old?
We only have photos of 3 of his wrecks, but we've listed all the other supercars he's managed to destroy. These are some unbelievable and rare cars.
He crashed this Ferrari 360 Spyder into a water fountain near the entrance of his mansion.

This Ferrari 360 Spyder was destroyed when he crashed it into a palm tree at 60 mph.

He was racing a Lamborghini Gallardo when he rear-ended a Ford F-350 Superduty in this Ferrari F355

Here are the other cars he destroyed:
A Bugatti EB110 he crashed at Palm Beach International raceway

He completely destroyed a Ford Indigo concept car, which he purchased at auction. There were only 2 ever made. Ford owns the other one

Wrecked a classic Ferrari Dino

A Ferrari F430 was wrecked on the track

Yes, he even managed to wreck a 1909 Ford Model T

Only around 50 Yenko Camaros were ever built, and he wrecked one of them too

In addition, he's also wrecked a couple of Caterhams and a Westfield Sports car on the track

Apparently, he has partial ownership of an insurance company. Not sure if he can even get insurance from his own company, but when you're rich enough to wreck several exotic cars, it doesn't really matter anyway.
I should send an email to a ford contact and see if he knows who this is. I have a guess, but I'm definitely not sure.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:34 PM   #2
Minacious
Regular User

I want to know who it is.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:01 PM   #3
fireguy
Regular User

the man is a living legend...LOL!
fireguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 03:45 PM   #4
mayer
Regular User

Honestly, this seems like a tall tale/urban legend. At 70-73 crashing those cars with the extent of the damage, I'm not sure he'd be able to drive. I've been in two VERY MINOR fender benders (both with trucks tapping me), and it hurted. With the wheels on those Modena Spiders canted like that, I would imagine a 70-73 year old man recuperating rather than driving as he's not going to heal like someone he used to.
mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 11:07 PM   #5
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by mayer View Post
Honestly, this seems like a tall tale/urban legend. At 70-73 crashing those cars with the extent of the damage, I'm not sure he'd be able to drive. I've been in two VERY MINOR fender benders (both with trucks tapping me), and it hurted. With the wheels on those Modena Spiders canted like that, I would imagine a 70-73 year old man recuperating rather than driving as he's not going to heal like someone he used to.
OK guys. I've verified who this is. It seems like an urban legend, but it's fairly true/ real. I don't know what details may have been embellished or not. I'm not going to post this guy's name since that info was purposely left out of the wreakedexotics article. Suffice to say, it is a friend of a friend. I don't think he knew this character had wreaked this many cars.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:54 PM   #6
loliea
Regular User

I have some doubt about some of these pictures, I don't see how this guy could have survived this crash. The chassis, windshield, front wheel are bended so it must have been an extremely violent crash which could have resulted in very serious internal fractures I guess fatal for a 70 something.

loliea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 07:17 AM   #7
Mattk
Regular User

Sure, he may be old, but you can easily survive serious crashes without great injury.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:08 PM   #8
mayer
Regular User

Originally Posted by Mattk View Post
Sure, he may be old, but you can easily survive serious crashes without great injury.

You can survive a serious crash without great injury...true. It's happened before.

You can easily survive survive serious crashes without great injury...that's simply not true at all. The fact that they're serious means you're most likely going to sustain injury if not death. Plenty of healthy, young people sustain chronic pain and injuries that'll last a lifetime let alone a man in his 70s. The yellow Modena has its frame bent well into the passenger compartment with the wheels splayed out.

This isn't young men and women in motorsports in peak condition with an array of safety equipment that allows them to walk away from the crashes we often see at the track.
mayer is offline   Reply With Quote