Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 07-23-2008, 12:45 PM   #1
philip
Regular User

Default 2001 Z06 sells for $29K <200 miles on odo

Drive your car, just dont store it for 7 years.

http://www.vettemarket.com/articles/archives/1584

Buyer did great if the block is ok.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:15 PM   #2
RC45
Regular User

If I was looking for a "driver", I wouldnt touch the car.

The car is essentially "brand new" - but has not had all the "new model" teething problems addressed under warranty.

At this stage of the game buying a 15,000 mile 2001 for $25K would be an even sweeter deal if one wanted a '01 Z to drive.

The best thing to do with this car is to just turn around and store it for another 30 years. Then it will be probably command stupid money at auction.

Although I am willing to bet the most valuable and desirable collector C5 Z06 would probably be one of the 137 Speedway White Mod Red interior cars with under 200 miles on it - and I am sure someone out there has squirreled one away.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:34 PM   #3
philip
Regular User

The 02 has more hp, that would be better to store. But to me you try and stay out of wrecks and park carefully in the local mart, garage it, fix everything that breaks, so there is no differed maintainence, and keep the mileage each year reasonable. Enjoy it and you have the best of both worlds.

Or modify it to within an inch of its life and race it on weekends.
Old 07-23-2008, 07:46 PM   #4
graywolf624
Regular User

To be expected.. I bought my 99 trans am 2 years ago with 2000 miles on it. depreciated from 30k dollars to 15k.. buying a mass built car and holding it for anywhere less then the rust date will do nothing for your wallet but cause pain
Old 07-23-2008, 07:50 PM   #5
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by philip View Post
The 02 has more hp, that would be better to store. But to me you try and stay out of wrecks and park carefully in the local mart, garage it, fix everything that breaks, so there is no differed maintainence, and keep the mileage each year reasonable. Enjoy it and you have the best of both worlds.

Or modify it to within an inch of its life and race it on weekends.
The older I get, the more sense this has made to me.... where for the longest time, I had nothing but contempt for things that seemed to be "garage queens" ... that term has changed definition to me in the past 24 months dramatically.