Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 10-14-2004, 11:24 AM   #16
blah
Regular User

you wouldnt be able to tell since hed probably steal your speedo.
Old 10-14-2004, 01:30 PM   #17
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by SnakeBitten
Originally Posted by RC45
Until he does go that fast I'll remain skeptical....There's no reason it couldnt but anyone can print car x does 245mph...But where's the proof...I eagerly await the proof...
Why do you people doubt the performance of modded cars?

Hey buddy reread my post again...I think if you do you will see where Im coming from...Why do people just jump and post a reply without fully reading and trying to understand what a person says?? The very sentence of my quote that you used in your reply tells you I dont doubt the car can do it...

Until it does its just ink on paper...Hey my S class can top out at 205mph...See how easy that is? You must first do it before you can claim it as hard fact..Get it?
Hey buddy - buy a dictionary... - I quoted what you wrote for the very reason it is self-contradictory with a leaning towards disbelief..

I quoted the post you used to say:

Until he does go that fast I'll remain skeptical....
and then said

There's no reason it couldnt but anyone can print car x does 245mph...
followed by

But where's the proof...
with a final

I eagerly await the proof...
According to your logic ANY car that carries a manufacturers claim of xmph needs to be proven. Not just the one tested - but EACH car. As in EVERY Toyota Corolla will need to be taken to 110mph to PROVE it can reach 110mph..

That's the view of a skeptic.. a disbeliever -
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 04:12 PM   #18
SnakeBitten
Regular User

Semantics....I cant believe you just wrote all that mess....You cant be serious with that use of logic can you?

My post says there is no reason the "car" cant do that speed...It has the power but will its aerodynamics allow it to reach that speed. Remember its a convertable..Has He[Hennessy] done it...It sounds like you are the kind of guy that would easily fall for scams etc...If all you need is to see stuff in writing to believe it then I got some land in the swamps at a steal...Ill fax you the info..After all its written on paper so it must be true.

There is a BIG difference in claiming something and actually accomplishing it.....Theres a reason the Guiness World Book of Records require proof, read actual deeds, before it is recorded as fact...Imagine if all was required was someones word or written statement... 8)
Old 10-14-2004, 08:26 PM   #19
RC45
Regular User

Semantics....I cant believe you just wrote all that mess....
Neither can I...

You cant be serious with that use of logic can you?
Sure can...

My post says there is no reason the "car" cant do that speed...
Yes...

It has the power but will its aerodynamics allow it to reach that speed.
No reason to believe not..

Remember its a convertable..
Topless cars go 230mph+ all the time.. just ask Koenig..

Has He[Hennessy] done it...
Probably not - he is a scammer and con artist... but a Car & Driver or Motortrnd may have - Hennessey has an uncanny ability to build one fast car - take to a magazine - let them run it to some stupid speed - get it on the cover - then sell 25 fake copies to gullible folks..

It sounds like you are the kind of guy that would easily fall for scams etc...If all you need is to see stuff in writing to believe it then I got some land in the swamps at a steal...Ill fax you the info..After all its written on paper so it must be true.
Did your land featur ein Field & Stream before you put it on sale?

Why send me a cheque for the closing costs then I will send you a cheque for the balance owe. D

There is a BIG difference in claiming something and actually accomplishing it.....Theres a reason the Guiness World Book of Records require proof, read actual deeds, before it is recorded as fact...Imagine if all was required was someones word or written statement... 8)
No shit... We don't even let people post abotu their cars without proof.. hehehe
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 10:30 PM   #20
sentra_dude

What exactly did Hennessey do that got him his horrible reputation? I'm in no way saying he doesn't deserve his bad rep, just wondering what he did...and how many times he did it.

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote