Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 10-10-2004, 09:16 PM   #1
FordGTGuy

Default R&T Ford GT at LeMans

From Magazine not site:

Page 1 of 3

Ford GT at Le Mans
by MATT DeLorenzo
Photos by Allan Rosenberg

Le Mans. It is the Raison D'etre for the Ford GT. If it weren't for Henry Ford II and his fit of pique in failing to acquire Enzo Ferrari's company, there wouldn' have been a Ford GT-40, or a string of victories at this most famous of racing circuits.

So it seems fitting that the first Ford GT in Europe should visit the place that created a legend up to which this street-bred reincarnation hopes to live.

Chassis No. 42 is a red GT with white stripes. I take delievery at 6:20 a.m. in front of Le Meridien Etoile in Port Maillot, on the western fringe of the Paris city center. Two British journalists, freelancer Micheal Harvey and Car's editor, Jason Baldwin, had driven the car, along with other assorted exotica, from Calais and just finished an all-night photo shoot in the City of Lights. They muttered something about a Rendezvous-type shoot, never mind that Claude Lelouch drove a Ferrari in that one.

Nevertheless, the GT is delieved clean, dent-free and in great working order. The Brits are off to home, while I'm headed to Le Mans on the autoroute. It's the first time I've been in the car since our road test (December 2003) at Ford's Michigan Proving Grounds and it would be my first opportunity to drive the car on pubilc roads.

Next Update page 2
Old 10-10-2004, 09:24 PM   #2
FordGTGuy

Old 10-10-2004, 09:28 PM   #3
tigerx
Regular User

OMFG i'll give my left nuts for those pictures in highres.
Old 10-11-2004, 05:38 PM   #4
noliebro
Regular User

wow, what a great photo set, beautiful, i would classify those as art.

In a Porsche 911, you're going to have a very good time actually driving the thing, but everyone is going to hate you. They're going to give you dirty looks as you drive by, call you names at the lights, vandalise your paintwork in the night and never, ever let you out of a side turning. That's a given.

In the Vantage, everyone's going to want your babies.
-J.C.
noliebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 06:37 PM   #5
SnakeBitten
Regular User

Very sweet....While reading the post title I was expecting my prayer to be answered that Ford was gonna campaign a GT in the Le Mans race That would be the ultimate cap to a great story....Having the new incarnation running and winning Le Mans would be priceless...Wish they would follow Dodge and Chevy in running the GTS class....Imagine next year with Aston Martin headin to the GTS class and running with Lamborghini, Vette, Saleen, maybe even a Viper Comp coupe aand a FGT...Man these are great times for car guys.....
Old 10-11-2004, 07:23 PM   #6
tigerx
Regular User

i don't think they allow supercharged cars.
Old 10-11-2004, 08:03 PM   #7
SnakeBitten
Regular User

Originally Posted by tigerx
i don't think they allow supercharged cars.
Um..thats not a problem brotha...Im sure they can stuff a 7ltr V8 in there like the Vettes did...This is Le Mans afterall where rules are bent all the time...Remember the M3's with V8's, Vettes with 7ltr V8's etc...If Ford wants to they can easily do it....
Old 10-11-2004, 09:07 PM   #8
tigerx
Regular User

i don't see why they're not doing it then.
Old 10-13-2004, 03:55 AM   #9
mclaren_Gt
Regular User

OMG beauti pics
very nice indeed
thanks dude
Old 10-13-2004, 06:22 AM   #10
blah
Regular User

if Ford makes a Le Mans version of this car, i hope they realise it to public too. Imagine an Ford GTR version. No AC, No Radio, no amenities, just all power. I wonder how that thing would move.