Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 09-29-2004, 04:34 PM   #1
Mustang_66
Regular User

Default Mark McMillin F150 Prerunner

Well in my bid to diversify this site even more than it already is I thought I would post some pictures of the Newly finished McMillin Prerunner. The truck was built by Stewart Race Works here in California. And for those of you who are wondering, Yes it is Street Legal. Here are the specs:

Fabricator of record:
Stewart Race Works

Owner:
Mark McMillin

Weight:
6860 lbs

Wheelbase:
138 inch

Trackwidth:
90 inch

Suspension:
Fox 4.x inch, 20inch front 32inch rear travel

Engine:
442ci V8 Ford SB - 600HP/600fpt - Leon Patton

Transmission:
Rancho Trans - TH-400

Driveline:
New Venture Gear Transfer case. Chrisman 10inch rearend, Frontend 10inch open. 5.00:1 ratio

Tires and Wheels::
37x13.5x17 BFG Projects

Brakes:
CNC

Wiring:
Thunderworks

Body:
Trailer Products

Seats:
Mastercraft

Extras:
Fuelsave 75 Gallons, Akqminumwork by Larry Stork

Mustang_66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 09:24 PM   #2
hemi_fan
Regular User

so whats left stock on that? the grille and headlights? lol... the engine looks like a bitch to work on in there! but 600hp... damn, that would be fun.

1990 Ford Mustang GT
Factory Rated: 225hp, 300lbs tq
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/hemi_fan
hemi_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 09:51 PM   #3
Mustang_66
Regular User

The cab is all stock, but the frame has been hacked off after the cab to add in the 4link and allow for more compression. As for working on the engine, most of those bars in the engine cage are removable to allow for a somewhat accessable engine compartment. The light bar on the back is neumatic, there is a switch in the cab you hit and it raises and lowers. Its a beast, when I was at the Primm race in Nevada I was sitting at our pit and saw a ball of light screaming towards me (with around 3k$ in Hella HIDs makes for a rather bright set of headlights), then all of a sudden Mark drives by in this. With the exhaust dumping right behind the second set of doors it makes for a pretty loud rumble. Also To give you guys an idea, the shocks on this truck are 4.5in in diameter.

-Markus-
Old 09-29-2004, 11:52 PM   #4
gottacatchup
Regular User

Originally Posted by hemi_fan
so whats left stock on that? the grille and headlights? lol... the engine looks like a bitch to work on in there! but 600hp... damn, that would be fun.
its a race car...truck...how much is left stock on any racer?

Prerunners are definately the best trucks around, if for some stupid reason I ended up with a truck on day i would definately make a prerunner
Old 09-30-2004, 12:38 AM   #5
blah
Regular User

Wait, why dont they have a hood on it. If sand got in their it would pretty much be fucked, or water for that instance.
Old 10-02-2004, 01:47 AM   #6
Mustang_66
Regular User

Yeah it is pretty pro ha, for a price of about 150k. The main reason I posted this is due to how unique it is, not alot of race teams spend the extra money to build a SuperCrew chase truck. But the Mcmillins have 4 or 5 buggies that they race ha so needless to say they arent hurting for cash.

-Markus-