Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 06-09-2005, 11:08 PM   #61
Sir_GT
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by styla21
I'm a fan, so please learn how to convey your OPINION on the styling of the car properly rather than making open sweeping statements. :fadein:
The day the "yank tank hates" and "pushrods suck" brigade do pay us the same respect - maybe I may rephrase it...

Until then it will remain one of the ugliest things since the Bangle & seris...
So... what would you say is a good looking luxury sedan then? (Excluding the previous 5 series)
Old 06-09-2005, 11:31 PM   #62
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Sir_GT
Originally Posted by styla21
I'm a fan, so please learn how to convey your OPINION on the styling of the car properly rather than making open sweeping statements. :fadein:
The day the "yank tank hates" and "pushrods suck" brigade do pay us the same respect - maybe I may rephrase it...

Until then it will remain one of the ugliest things since the Bangle & seris...
So... what would you say is a good looking luxury sedan then? (Excluding the previous 5 series)
Well - I would say the first and 2nd Gen M5's were stunning - and the previous S500 had a certain grace about it's hulking presence.

The CTS-V has an ugly brutish look about it as well - ugly enough to actual be liked.

The Jaguar XJ series also has a dignified appearance.

The Bangle 5 is just ugly..
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 11:43 PM   #63
Sir_GT
Regular User

Well... I'll side on the "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" half of the fence.

Interestingly enough though, (officially) BMW sells more E60 5-series than Merc can sell E-classes in the UK. Audi is a distant third.
Old 06-10-2005, 12:43 AM   #64
RC45
Regular User

Well... I'll side on the "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" half of the fence.

Interestingly enough though, (officially) BMW sells more E60 5-series than Merc can sell E-classes in the UK. Audi is a distant third.
Bloody hell - you folks have Fish n Chips and Bangers n Mash as national dishes - and have gone on to produce some of the blandest dishes this side of dehydrated astranuat nosh ------ so there is NO accounting for British taste - so i would hardly use that as an indicator of a good design.. hehehe
Old 06-10-2005, 02:16 AM   #65
Just_me
Regular User

Originally Posted by Just_me
Originally Posted by brembo
It wouldnt be covered by some fugly design anymore....
bla bla old news coming for you. I think we all get it.
No you don't - it's an ugly car - the whole family is ugly
It seems like some of you think you are going to change people minds about M5. You dont like the style, thats okey but dont expect everybody else to agree with you. Its just waste of time but I guess its a good way for you to raise your posts...

And yes 5-serie sell more cars than it ever done before. So RC keep on trying to convince people that 5-serie is ugly, unfortunaly for you, you wont succeed. :fist:
Old 06-10-2005, 03:22 AM   #66
RC45
Regular User

It seems like some of you think you are going to change people minds about M5. You dont like the style, thats okey but dont expect everybody else to agree with you. Its just waste of time but I guess its a good way for you to raise your posts...

And yes 5-serie sell more cars than it ever done before. So RC keep on trying to convince people that 5-serie is ugly, unfortunaly for you, you wont succeed. :fist:
Your point?

At the end of the day the car still remains ugly... :roll:
Old 06-10-2005, 03:55 AM   #67
Just_me
Regular User

Your point?

in your eyes yes but why say it in 9/10 threads, use your brain please.
Old 06-10-2005, 04:09 AM   #68
Ghostbat
Regular User

Your point?

When will you boys realize that beaty is in the eye of the beholder..
Ghostbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 04:24 AM   #69
Just_me
Regular User

Originally Posted by Ghostbat

Your point?

When will you boys realize that beaty is in the eye of the beholder..
Thats what I tried to say all the time.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:33 AM   #70
Sir_GT
Regular User

Bloody hell - you folks have Fish n Chips and Bangers n Mash as national dishes - and have gone on to produce some of the blandest dishes this side of dehydrated astranuat nosh ------ so there is NO accounting for British taste - so i would hardly use that as an indicator of a good design.. hehehe
In a way, you're right. I mean, the british DID create America, and look at how that ended up, right?

Although I do find it strange that almost all the top car designers come from the land of Fish and Chips.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:42 AM   #71
Ghostbat
Regular User

Although I do find it strange that almost all the top car designers come from the land of Fish and Chips.
Hmm, ever heard of Italian Designers, there are a few you know

And remember that 5th Gear chose the X-type as most luxurious car or some nonsense like that. I have no beef at all with England what so ever but using your standards as measure I'm not so sure about. For Gods sake you drive on the wrong side of the road
Old 06-10-2005, 07:08 AM   #72
Kinxy
Regular User

Hey, quick comment. The e60 m5 is surely a mighty car, BUT, it would NEVER beat a F430, it is most probably the testers of this unserious car mag that were drunk or something. The m5 is XTREMELY good, whilst the f430 is EPIC, performance wise.

Thank you
Kinxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 07:14 AM   #73
Ghostbat
Regular User

Originally Posted by Kinxy
Hey, quick comment. The e60 m5 is surely a mighty car, BUT, it would NEVER beat a F430, it is most probably the testers of this unserious car mag that were drunk or something. The m5 is XTREMELY good, whilst the f430 is EPIC, performance wise.

Thank you
You sure know how to argue :roll:
Old 06-10-2005, 08:57 AM   #74
Sir_GT
Regular User

Originally Posted by Ghostbat
Hmm, ever heard of Italian Designers, there are a few you know

And remember that 5th Gear chose the X-type as most luxurious car or some nonsense like that. I have no beef at all with England what so ever but using your standards as measure I'm not so sure about. For Gods sake you drive on the wrong side of the road
Actually, historically speaking, we're the ones driving on the right side of the road.

The reason why the "right" way is on the left, is because during the medieval times, knights had to carry their lances on their right hand. Hence, if they were to meet an adversary, they would be in the right position to defend or attack.

Whereas those who drive on the "wrong" side (i.e. the right) simply did so just to be different. No real reason or history whatsoever.

And are you sure it's the X-type? or the XJ? 5th gear would have a point if it was the XJ.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:28 AM   #75
dingo
Regular User

And are you sure it's the X-type? or the XJ? 5th gear would have a point if it was the XJ.
He's right, it was definately the X-type and not the XJ.
However the majority of people voting would have been British so you would expect such a result.