Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 01-31-2004, 02:16 AM   #1
Zonda11
Regular User

Default DVD burning

I recently burned a dvd full of .mpeg,.avi, and .wmv files. The dvd was burned as a Data dvd.

My dvd-rom supports the new DVD+R's that I used. In explorer, I am able to see all of my files. However, some .avi files are unable to play using real player, windows media, or the latest Divx player from Divx.com. Is there something I need to download software wise to fix this problem??? I still have the original files on my Hard drive, but I want to get the videos to play straight off the dvd so i can delete them off my HD and save space.

In addition, when I try to play some of the .wmv files off the dvd, windows media player tells me that it is unable to play the file. I have the original files on my HD and they are the exact same(size, etc.) and they work.

So whats going on here?

Zonda11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 09:03 PM   #2
husyk
Regular User

You'd probably need more codecs, have you tried BSplayer? I'd probably suggest AceMegaCodec Pack for one. I'd look for special software for DVDs as well. I'm looking for a burner as well, so I would also want to see how this is figured out.
husyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 09:47 PM   #3
yg60m
Regular User

Try to re-copy the files on your HD (in another files than they are) to see if it comes from the DVD burner or from the burning. If you achieve to watch them once they are back on the HD then it can comes from the DVD reading
It's just a test.
ps : i also bought a DVD burner last week but didn't have time to try it for now.