Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Bike Chat > Bike Pictures and Videos

Old 02-11-2006, 05:58 AM   #1
Minacious
Regular User

Default Friend of mine in motorcycle accident and got it on tape.

She is relatively fine, though aching quite a bit with good reason. Here’s the kicker about the whole incident, the driver of the Civic tried to say it was her fault. Little did the guy know that she had her helmet cam on during the incident. Here is a quote from my motorcycle board that my friend put up: “The officer who took the report already watched it too...he chuckled and said - "yeah, good thing you have that because the guy is saying you hit him. He said he was stopped and all you had to do was stop - but you didn't, you hit him." The more I watch the vid the more I want to crack the Civic drivers head in. How dare he try and lie his way out of this. What the hell was he doing anyway? How did he lock up his wheels to the point where he does a 180? He was probably sucking his own dick then looked up at the last minute. Even then he could have still slowed down without locking up his wheels.

Watch it for yourselves.
It's in WMV format. 19MBs
Don't post the link outside of JW please.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:37 AM   #2
Ghostbat
Regular User

Nice to hear that your friend is realtively fine.

I also wonder what the f--k the civic-driver was doing. Either really poor brake balance in his car or he was doing a handbrake turn. Very strange.
Ghostbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 06:51 AM   #3
sikx5
Regular User

jesus, what was that dipshit in the civic doing? bloody hell, id have the right mind to give him a piece right there, what a tool, looked like he pulled the handbrake as only the rears locked up?

Good to hear she is O.K. though, what sort of bike was she riding there?
Old 02-11-2006, 06:56 AM   #4
Wyclef
Regular User

Oh man, this is ******* :x
That Civic driver was real asshole. He deserves to cut off his arms so he can never drive a car.
Why is it always biker who pays for someone else???
Old 02-11-2006, 07:32 AM   #5
taygunho
Regular User

:shock: It is good see she is ok. It is why to you have use your helmet and riding gears.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:12 AM   #6
MartijnGizmo
Regular User

Wow, good thing she was wearing the cam!

Originally Posted by Ghostbat
I also wonder what the f--k the civic-driver was doing. Either really poor brake balance in his car or he was doing a handbrake turn. Very strange.
Maybe he pulled the e-brake, as in 'emergency-brake'. People should learn it's a parking-brake, you use it for parking, not when you have to do an emergency-stop!
Old 02-11-2006, 09:25 AM   #7
5vz-fe
Regular User

umm....regardless of the moving or stopping, it is very clear that it is the civic's fault. What the fuck is he trying to achieve.............change lane? drifting? 180 stunt??...wtf?

I am glad ur friend is OK.......she should beat the crap out of the civic driver with that tape.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:59 AM   #8
TransAm
Regular User

Default Re: Friend of mine in motorcycle accident and got it on tape

Originally Posted by Minacious
He said he was stopped and all you had to do was stop - but you didn't, you hit him.
This is absolutely sickening for me to watch because seeing the vid I am speculating the guy did it on purpose :shock: Like others have said I dont know what the heck he thought he was doing but I am so glad there is some recorded evidence of this prick. He should be seeing some time inside for this.

+1 for helmetcams... I've been cut up a few times before or seen people do some REALLY stupid shit on the roads and thought, yeah I wish I was recording this.

I am glad to hear your friend is relatively ok, Min, very sorry to hear this though

Originally Posted by MartijnGizmo
Wow, good thing she was wearing the cam!

Originally Posted by Ghostbat
Maybe he pulled the e-brake, as in 'emergency-brake'. People should learn it's a parking-brake, you use it for parking, not when you have to do an emergency-stop!
Thats the trouble, over here it is called emergency brake. I have never seen a US driver use the handbrake on a hill or at lights before pulling away. They seem to use the footbrake and balance the clutch, whereas in the UK we get taught to use the handbrake in these scenarios. We also get taught to use the hardbrake when the car is parked, whereas most US people put it in 'P' (auto) or in 1st gear (manual) with no parking brake.

I think the US use the footbrake 99% of the time because most cars are automatics where of course you do use the footbrake on hills and at lights.

Thus, all points to the handbrake never being used normally in driving.

I stand to be corrected by any US people, this is just my experience vs. UK 'habits' when it comes to the handbrake.

Regardless, prickchops didnt need to use the hand/parking/emergency brake in this scenario... :x

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 11:21 AM   #9
Fleischmann
Regular User

I'm glad yourfriend has video evidence of the incident, this guy should face a sever punishment for his idiocy. A for causing injury to another person and B for lying to a policeofficer. And for f**ks sake, what a little pussy. A coward he is, nothing more. Causing an cciednt and then blaming the victim for it...it makes me sick. He should feel responsible for his actions instead of distorting the truth and counting on getting away with the crime :fist:
Old 02-11-2006, 12:01 PM   #10
graywolf624
Regular User

"yeah, good thing you have that because the guy is saying you hit him. He said he was stopped and all you had to do was stop - but you didn't, you hit him.
And how the hell was he going to argue about facing the wrong direction? A bike doesnt have enough inertia to 180 a car.

As for what happened... I dont buy the brake balance or the hand brake arguement, he was going in a straight line. More likely he swerved to the other lane on bald tires and slammed the brake at the same moment...Something he shouldnt be doing in the first place regardless of setup.
Old 02-11-2006, 12:14 PM   #11
ZfrkS62
Regular User

what a stupid fucker. obviously he's too cheap to buy the model with ABS, so as a result he panics when he sees brake lights ahead and then stomps on his brakes and locks up.

I'm glad she's ok though. I don't think she was paying attention when that lady called her a guy. Just goes to show the stereotype that is out there. Of course, leathers do kind of tend to hide certain features

On a lighter note, i think i speak for all of us when i say thanks for the cleavage shots

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 12:20 PM   #12
e46drew
Regular User

Originally Posted by Wyclef
Oh man, this is ******* :x
That Civic driver was real asshole. He deserves to cut off his arms so he can never drive a car.
Why is it always biker who pays for someone else???
I cant agree more, this happened to me 1 1/2 years agao, my leg is disfigured for ever

glad to hear nothing searious
www.facebook.com/AndyIrelandAgency
e46drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 04:17 PM   #13
gobs3z
Regular User

That brought back horrible memories for me, the most worrysome part of that video is the possibility of her getting caught under the car in the next lane. Glad to heat she's okay.

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 05:20 PM   #14
Vansquish
Regular User

WTF?!?! Unbelievable. Some people don't deserve to have driver's licenses, and there's absolutely no excuse for what he did. The car in front of him didn't brake suddenly as far as I could tell...there were no obstacles around which he needed to be steering. I don't give a rat's ass if the brake balance was off or if he yanked the parking brake. I've driven enough FWD cars to know that if you yank the brake it doesn't mean that the rear is going to overtake the front of the car. You have to intentionally throw the car into a slide like that, and as far as I can tell, that's exactly what he did, look how far the wheels are cocked when he veers across into her lane. Fucking dumb ass shit. I'm glad your friend is relatively O.K. and I hope the Civic-dipshit does some civic-duty and gets fucked up the ass.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 06:17 PM   #15
1zippo1
Regular User

Damn, when you see this you do wonder if he wasn't doing it on purpose.

But it is hard to imagine that anybody would do something like that.

I know some people have small accidents on purpose if they can blame the other driver. This way if they have a scratch somewhere, they can accuse the other driver from that damage.
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote