Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Old 07-15-2003, 06:40 PM   #1
TT
Regular User

Default Already seen an Alfa Romeo GTV burning? Video inside!

Today I was going back home with some friends, and look what we saw:

Burning Alfa

Unlucky guy I'd say at least...
Old 07-15-2003, 07:07 PM   #2
robruf
Regular User

Wow, great vid, that must have been quite a sight. I guess you were in the right place at the right time. I wonder how much that is going to cost to repair, better off just getting a new car.
robruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 07:17 PM   #3
gis
Regular User

i think his insurance will pay out for most of it.thats if it wasnt his fault by droppin a cigarette or summat

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 08:07 PM   #4
TT
Regular User

How much damage? I guess the car is ready for the trash can

There was already some serious damage to it and the bonnet seemed already deformed by the heat... I doubt the engine has survived since the firemen were not to close...
Old 07-16-2003, 05:46 AM   #5
Anonymous

You'd be suprised by how most cars do in a fire like that. 99 times out of 100 the fuel never even ignites!! Cars out in the open like that only get cosmetic damage. The worst part is smoke damage. With the cost of cars nowdays they will probably repair that.
When a car is in a wooden garage and catches fire thats when you can write them off. The enclosed aera concentrates the heat on the car and with the wood all around burning then you will get a big fuel fire. Once it gets hot enough to boil the gas in the tank WooWeee things get really goin then..... When the smoke goes from grayish color to thick black then the tank is going I love to see big gas fires, the massive colum of black smoke with flames leaping out of the smoke looking like the smoke itself is on fire, that looks so bad ass..... when I was towing totaled cars to the auctions, I had to recover a caddy eldorado from a wooden structure fire. The guy had a wood shop with his car parked inside, well the dust and shit started burning in a catch bag from the moron forcing a board thru a planer with very dull blades and in 5 minutes the entire building was just ROARING... This was one hot fekkin fire... it blistered the paint on the houses across the road!!! 6 firetrucks came and couldnt get it under control for almost 1 hour... you couldn't get close to the place.
The following day I went to drag the remains of the caddy out of the rubble and it was still HOT!!! The thing was just a twisted hunk of rusting steel. All the alloy was gone completely ! The engine block was melted partially away in a few aeras, only the steel of a con rod and torque converter and big iron things remained... Never saw a engine melt before or since.
What was really cool was laying under the mess, it looked like the shape shifting terminator had melted down for the last time!!1 A brite shiney slab of mixed alloys was laying buried in ashes and lumber chunks. The firemen took it and hung it on the wall of the firehouse.
Old 07-29-2003, 03:22 PM   #6
carmineroma
Regular User

is not a gtv but alfa spider,,
is a shit car,the alfa's best are in 60'-70...now the cars of alfa is not very alfa but fiat or now and future g.m....
carmineroma is offline   Reply With Quote