Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat > Car Gallery

Old 02-26-2005, 07:55 PM   #16
ferrarif1fan89
Regular User

Originally Posted by Sir_GT
Originally Posted by GTO
^^I remember there was a turbo'd version of the RX8, impressive "target" figures for the concept
A turbo rotary simply means visiting the petrol station more often. Which means you'll have to pop the hood to check the dipstick and add some oil more often than the already silly every two stops that the standard one compels you to do.

If they could fix that simple problem, the RX-8 would be a brilliant car.
every two stops?!? holy shit!
Old 02-27-2005, 05:34 AM   #17
findleybeast
Regular User

Originally Posted by ikon2003
^ I read somewhere that a supercharged RX8 is in the works. I'm guessing that this Mazdaspeed version isn't it tho.

Findleybeast has the article of it, and maybe he's scanned it. He can also explain better than I can why it's really hard to tune the renesis engine - it has something to do with the side mounted intake and exhaust ports which lead to a "fixed" compression ratio, and thus makes it practically impossible to add a turbocharger.
haha is that you're subtle way of telling me to scan it ikon?
but yeah I will scan it as soon as I can. The article is about the Project RX8 (the white RX8 in the photo), and that car indeed does have power modifications. An Eaton supercharger as a matter of fact (primarily for the purpose of boosting torque). So if the actual production Mazdaspeed RX8 is anything like the Project one, it looks like a supercharger is a possibility. I can't tell from the images too well, but there may be a supercharger buried deep down there beside the engine, though I doubt it.

As for the problems with adding forced induction, you're spot on. In the renesis, it essentially necessitates a new rotor, roughly the equivalent of lower compression-ratio pistons for a recriprocal engine. Of course, since this is a mazda produced car, I'm sure they of all people would have the easiest time engineering low compression rotors... which would undeniably be a hit in the aftermarket

Xbox Live Gamertag: TheSlusbe
findleybeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 06:06 AM   #18
mv
Regular User

I heard they were going to unleash a turbocharged MPS version and I reckon this is pretty much how it will look like.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:57 PM   #19
findleybeast
Regular User

ok here are the scans. I posted the article in the magazine scans section as well, so you can comment on it there if you want
http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?p=361428

Xbox Live Gamertag: TheSlusbe
findleybeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 09:40 PM   #20
oantob
Regular User

wow thanks for the articel findleybeast! that white rX8 looks very sick!...
Old 02-28-2005, 09:56 PM   #21
SilviaEvo
Regular User

http://www.shaneracing.com/mzdspdbb.jpg
Here is my favorite just need it in yellow or black