Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 04-01-2004, 04:07 PM   #46
YellowMaranello
Regular User

I'm jealous of all of you. I have to buy a car if I want one, and that isn't going to happen because of a lack of funds. The closest time I can even think about owning a car is in 2 years. Whenever I do buy my first car, it's gonna be something (hopefully) cheap, RWD, manual, and lightweight. Those are about my only guidelines... eek.
YellowMaranello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 07:48 AM   #47
irrational_i
Regular User

Some people have all the luck. I drove a 1974 Volvo 164e. 3 Liter Inline 6 Fuel injection. It was a hand-me-down. I managed to drive off-clock (200kph) and even drove it for 6 months without a radiator fan as the spares where rediculously expensive! I was amazed at the durability of that car. Also its features: aircon, leather interior. Some kind of dual brake system. Not too much power, but enough.

When I studied for a 2nd degree I was driving a 1972 BMW 3.0S. I loved it to death. Bought it because the 3.0CSi's where way out of my price range. Never had such a smooth engine again! It had 180bhp (I think that's 200hp) and could easily hit 190 (It was automatic and the rev limit was there). Spent WAY too much money to keep it running. Now I own a 1980 Porsche 911 SC. See under my topic in this forum(I have, been in, want). I love old cars. I did not study in the 70's!
irrational_i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 12:53 AM   #48
sameerrao
Regular User

Lucky bastards ... I took the bus to school

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 09:08 PM   #49
oscargarza88
Regular User

i bet u guys already know, and i have a 300zx and i dindt pat 4 it, sisnce i cant even work!
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 10:08 PM   #50
redline
Regular User

Heres my first car that my grandma gave me when i was at school
THE MIGHTY DATSUN 120Y!!!!
redline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 11:27 PM   #51
bmwfreak
Regular User

My student car (well, mom and dad paid for it) for Uni is a Perodua Kelisa that has been resprayed in... a rather interesting colour, with lowered ride height, diff rims, etc. (= you can see it here = http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8976

Back in high school, when i got my license at 17, i drove an E34 520i. That car has now been sold to my dad's company, to act as a company car for one of our GMs or Chairman of one of the subsidiaries, or something like that. I still see it now and then, and it holds a special place in my heart, since it was only the second BMW that my family ever owned (the first was an E28 520i)

^Home.

///M

God's gift to the driver.
bmwfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 11:30 PM   #52
sikx5
Regular User

Originally Posted by redline
Heres my first car that my grandma gave me when i was at school
THE MIGHTY DATSUN 120Y!!!!
uhhhh mate shes a beast. i got one too, they go hard man. esp rally driving or empty industrial estates 8)