Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 08-08-2006, 02:54 PM   #16
MIHALS
Regular User

there could be a problem... if the "ipod is being a bitch with it skipping and freezing on songs alot", that can mean that the HDD got a hit by falling on the ground or some similar ... hope it will get well
Old 08-08-2006, 02:59 PM   #17
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by MIHALS
there could be a problem... if the "ipod is being a bitch with it skipping and freezing on songs alot", that can mean that the HDD got a hit by falling on the ground or some similar ... hope it will get well
Yeah most definately. I dropped my ipod quite a few times but thats on the carpet and it still works. But I am sure you can replace the HDD if you want just gonna cost ya some $ if thats the case.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:41 PM   #18
Apac102
Regular User

No I never dropped it before, so i don't think thats it.
Apac102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 03:51 PM   #19
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Well try this and see if thats any luck.

http://www.ipodwizard.net/showthread.php?t=7207
Old 08-08-2006, 06:52 PM   #20
Apac102
Regular User

Oh boy, lol now Im in big trouble. I used that program and everything waas working fine but then when I tried to restore my ipod with the Ipod updater 2004-08-06, it brought up a message saying "iPod Service Error". So now, all my iPod does is bring up a folder with an Exclamation mark.

Well good news though, I can see an icon in "my comptuer" which is my ipod so....now my computer recognizes my ipod but Itunes doesn't recognize it....so i can't add music.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:31 PM   #21
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Well just run that program another time and see if it works again with Ipod Restore then if it still doesnt then according to the Official Ipod Site you have a Hardware problem and most likely its the HDD. Hope it works. Just keep running the formatter after you try like 3 or 4 times try an alternative such as Rockbox or IPL and see if those install and if they do then you are set once again!
Old 08-08-2006, 07:37 PM   #22
Apac102
Regular User

Success!! I got it up and running again but the only problem now.....is that my Itunes won't read it so i can't add/delete songs. But my computer recognizes it at least......any suggestions on how i can get my itunes to read it now.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:24 PM   #23
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Sweet! congrats dude. Just keep trying with itunes. Its gay. On any one of my computers I plug the ipod in then open up Itunes it takes a while for itunes to recognize my ipod but it will eventually after 5 mins see it.

Just keep trying and waitng for itunes. If it still dont work then just open itunes add a song to the libary and wait for itunes to recongnize it. Hope that works gotta go eat now be back in like 30 mins.
Old 08-09-2006, 11:09 AM   #24
Apac102
Regular User

well......its not working again. my computer recognizes and so does itunes but itunes will freeze up and I can't add or delete songs. Any suggestions? I have a feeling my HDD is gone so time to get a new $200 iPod. Or better yet, what else should i get other then an iPod or should i wait to get an new iPod b/c something new and sweet is coming out?
Old 08-09-2006, 12:20 PM   #25
ViperASR
Regular User

If I were you I would wait as long as I could before purchasing my new iPod because once something new comes out, like a newer nano or video, then the "old" ones will come down in price, but they are still hella nice. Its like when the nano came out, the other iPods went down in price, like the mini.

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 12:28 PM   #26
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Its all up to you man. If you like Apple go for the ipod video. If not go for Toshiba gigbeast they are very nice or the creative zen. I know that Apple aint coming out with the rurmored "true video" ipod until mid 2007. BUt they are coming out with a 12 gig nano this christmas I heard. Also if you want the "true video" ipod I would wait or just get the current ipod.

Anyways if you need it now tell me what you are looking for. Do you want video playback? What features are ya looking for?
Old 08-09-2006, 01:23 PM   #27
lorbmw69
Regular User

Originally Posted by Apac102
well......its not working again. my computer recognizes and so does itunes but itunes will freeze up and I can't add or delete songs. Any suggestions? I have a feeling my HDD is gone so time to get a new $200 iPod. Or better yet, what else should i get other then an iPod or should i wait to get an new iPod b/c something new and sweet is coming out?
look for an ipod blog site. i've heard that if you take off the metal cover and take out the harddrive and shake it, it sometimes fixes itself. evidently the arm gets stuck on the harddrive and the shake works. you have to take off all the dampers, though.

1995 Saab 900 Turbo
lorbmw69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 01:37 PM   #28
Apac102
Regular User

Ill probably wait it out as long as i can for the video ipod in 2007. And if I can't wait that long, Ill probably get the 30g video Ipod right now. I really like iPods b/c their small and slick and easy to use but if there is something out there that i don't know of that works well in my car, has video capabilites, a long battery life, can run/walk with it and not be a nuisance, and won't break down on me in a 2 year period then Im all ears.