Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

View Poll Results: Would you rather have a Porsche CGT, a Koenigsegg, a Zonda, or a Benz SLR?
Porsche CGT 0 0%
Koenigsegg 0 0%
Zonda 0 0%
Benz SLR 0 0%
701 100.00%
Voters: 701. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-21-2003, 08:15 AM   #16
draak666
Regular User

Originally Posted by KaBlookie
I say Koenigsegg, ... everything's adjustable (brake bias, power steering, etc).
I like that feature too
draak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 08:35 AM   #17
gis
Regular User

for me it would have to be the CGT,in my oppinion its the better lookin car,its very fast,ok top end aint as fast as the koeniggsegg (or however u spell it) but were in the UK would i do over 200mph.

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 08:44 AM   #18
1zippo1
Regular User

This is a very very hard question. For me, only the Zonda & the CGT got a chance.

I absolutely adore the Zondas sound & what it represents. The speed & handling of the car is amazing. It's a real exotic and these cars will probably only increase in value over the years but that CGT is probably the best all rounder if you want to use it often... And there's nothing to dislike about it really.
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 10:29 AM   #19
aawil
Regular User

I chose the Zonda from that bunch but if i were going to spend that kind of money a F50 or a enzo would be my choice.
aawil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 10:51 AM   #20
themailman34
Regular User

I'd take the Carrera GT. Porsche probably spent a shit load of time developing every little thing on that car.

But if I really had the money to spend I'd take an F40 and some other cars
themailman34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 11:23 AM   #21
WRX
Regular User

Originally Posted by draak666
Originally Posted by KaBlookie
I say Koenigsegg, ... everything's adjustable (brake bias, power steering, etc).
I like that feature too
This is one of the main reasons I like this car. It is awesome.
WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 12:01 PM   #22
TT
Regular User

I don't know why, but I love the fact nobody picked the SLR... so far IMO we can't put it in that supercar heaven.. still to early.. we need real road test before even considering it and even after that, I doubt a SLR would be able to compete in that cathegory...
Old 10-21-2003, 12:47 PM   #23
deth
Regular User

Originally Posted by SDK2003
It's has to be the Porsche Carrera GT
Amazing build quality, great performance and cutting edge technology.

Why did you miss the Ferrari Enzo off the list ??
i didnt include it because these four are about 300,000 GBP where as the enzo is 450,000GBP
deth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 01:36 PM   #24
Johns
Regular User

this was a tough decision but I voted for the SLR because its more of an every day car
Johns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 01:55 PM   #25
TT
Regular User

Shit, I open my mouth and SLR gets two votes LMAO!
Old 10-21-2003, 03:45 PM   #26
SFDMALEX
Regular User

CGT. I'd drive it, then sell it, then Id get a Zonda.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 03:54 PM   #27
jon_s
Regular User

PORSCHE!! although that Zonda is nice.....humm so is that egg thing! DAMN! What a hard question! To be fair I would be happy with any!
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 05:32 PM   #28
Jabba

for me the obvious vote is the Zonda, HANDS DOWN

the carrera gt is conservative in looks and doesn't do anything to me, does fire a passion to drive it or dream about it.

the SLR, to me, is a dissapointment. i think the top speed is 208mph? thats not that great considering you have mclaren helping you build it. maybe i was expecting something more faster seeing that mclaren was teaming up with benz. It is the best car here in terms of practicality and everyday use but it doesnt separate itself from cars like the 575M, murcielago, carrera gt. i expected much more, especially in terms of speed.

the CC8 is a good car and would be my second choice but lacks one thing, a good sounding engine. it sounds subdued and the least interesting sounding engine of the bunch but the car goes fast. very fast. faster than the disappointing slr and moderately good C GT.

that leaves the Zonda, the best sounding car i have ever heard, 220mph top speed and very sports car looks. nothing conservative about the Zonda. i would choose the zonda and i would even rather have it than the other 3 combined. i really love the zonda!!!
Old 10-21-2003, 05:45 PM   #29
zr2man99
Regular User

I would pick the Zonda because it just looks out of this world. It sounds awesome and is just a wild ride. The CarreraGT spoiler is just too UGLY!
zr2man99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 07:48 PM   #30
alondahan
Regular User

I choose the Enzo

but from that list, I'll take the Zonda. It's Italian, looks great, magnificent interior, a big NA V12, nice sound, very fast and handels well too.

I don't like any of the other cars here, but my second choice would be the 'egg. it looks ok (except for those ugly side intakes), but nothing special. I don't like it's interior, but it's not bad. what I really don't like about this car is the name (the worst name ever for a hypercar) and the engine. not only it's a V8, it's ford based, and to make it even worse, it's supercharged.
still it's a great car, and like I said, the best after the Zonda.

the merc is just a waste of money IMO. It's totally ugly, inside and out. it has an automatic. a fucking supercharged V8 again, and it's in the front (who wants a gt car like this one??? you want a real supercar).

and finally the porsche. I can't decide which I like less, the porsche or the merc.
I think that as a hypercar, the gt is the worst. it looks far too regular (although beautiful). looks like a weird, wide, low. long 911. the interior is again regular, a 911 interior. it's completely boring and dull, does absolutely nothing to me.
alondahan is offline   Reply With Quote