Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Jokes and Humour

Jokes and Humour Got a joke, funny picture or video to share? Post it here

Old 10-28-2004, 01:38 AM   #1
deth
Regular User

Default American common sense

I couldnt resist...i saw danv6's thread...went to the website and found this...............freaking thing weighs 26,000lbs and seats...drum roll please... 6.....6 people. oh and it can tow 12,000 lbs :roll:

PS. read the caption in the bottom right of the picture
Old 10-28-2004, 01:48 PM   #2
ZfrkS62
Regular User

::sigh::

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 05:18 PM   #3
graywolf624
Regular User

...............freaking thing weighs 26,000lbs and seats...drum roll please... 6.....6 people. oh and it can tow 12,000 lbs
and your point is? ITs a tow truck.. whoopdie doo.
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 05:47 PM   #4
racer_f50
Regular User

yep, it was exactly made for economy and taking the kids to soccer practice. its made for towing heavy shit with ease...
still ugly, but its got a purpose. can your car tow 12,000lbs?
i'm not saying theres much need for the vehicle to most people, but in construction this could be useful.
racer_f50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 06:11 PM   #5
deth
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624
...............freaking thing weighs 26,000lbs and seats...drum roll please... 6.....6 people. oh and it can tow 12,000 lbs
it isnt a tow truck....its being marketed as an SUV
Old 10-28-2004, 06:15 PM   #6
graywolf624
Regular User

By who.. since when..
IVe seen vehicles identical to this towing things.. Not to mention the 4 wheeler in the back doesnt denote suv.

Talk to me when a soccer mom buys it to be an urban cow boy.. till then its reasonable as a good way for a business to tow something in between the full size truck and mac truck weights.

What company produces it?
Old 10-28-2004, 07:13 PM   #7
666fast
Regular User

Originally Posted by deth
Yea, an SUV that requires a CDL to drive. I bet a lot of soccer moms have a CDL. :roll:
Old 10-28-2004, 08:02 PM   #8
antonioledesma
Regular User

I thought the ford excursion was huge... but this is ridiculous. I don't believe a lot of buyers of that monster will really tow something besides a couple of bikes.

american common sense... why do you really need to tow 12000 lbs? for the non-english system...almost 5500 kilograms

is it just only me, or that thing is plain stupid?
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 09:07 PM   #9
graywolf624
Regular User

american common sense... why do you really need to tow 12000 lbs? for the non-english system...almost 5500 kilograms
Maybe in your world of tight areas there isnt a reason to tow 12000 pounds.. but there are quite a number of legitamate reasons to tow 12000 pounds.. hell there are reasons to tow alot more then that.. MY father tows 80,000 pounds for work. We are utterly dependent here on over road travel.. something like 75 percent of our goods are transported by truck.

Theres no reason for joe schmoe.. and they wont be.. but there is a reason for businesses.. Boats.. prefab houses.. companies that work out of trailers... landscaping.. construction.. ect.

The person above is correct.. due to the weight this thing requires a commercial drivers license(admitedly I didnt even think about that).. it isnt a suv.. it isnt what your normal person would drive.. a cdl requires strict training. It also costs more to insure.
Old 10-28-2004, 09:44 PM   #10
666fast
Regular User

One of the models also comes with airbrakes, which is another endorsement itself.

I thought the ford excursion was huge
Nissan builds an even bigger one. The Murano I believe it is.
Old 10-28-2004, 11:21 PM   #11
antonioledesma
Regular User

Maybe in your world of tight areas there isnt a reason to tow 12000 pounds.. but there are quite a number of legitamate reasons to tow 12000 pounds.. hell there are reasons to tow alot more then that.. MY father tows 80,000 pounds for work. We are utterly dependent here on over road travel.. something like 75 percent of our goods are transported by truck.

Theres no reason for joe schmoe.. and they wont be.. but there is a reason for businesses.. Boats.. prefab houses.. companies that work out of trailers... landscaping.. construction.. ect.

The person above is correct.. due to the weight this thing requires a commercial drivers license(admitedly I didnt even think about that).. it isnt a suv.. it isnt what your normal person would drive.. a cdl requires strict training. It also costs more to insure.
I do undestand that... but the average joe schomoe will want one of this horrific things and use it just to pick up the kids, seems like a joke, but it will be done. hummers will be a thing of the past with those monsters. :roll:

Nissan builds an even bigger one. The Murano I believe it is.
nope, the murano is small, meybe you're thinking in the titan pick-up, but it's a few inches bigger than the new f-150/f-250/lobo. And the excursion is...I don't remember exactly, but 3-4 inches longer than these pick-ups.

but the question is: would you, your dad, boss, etc buy one of those things? instead of another truck?
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 11:31 PM   #12
deth
Regular User

Theres no reason for joe schmoe.. and they wont be.......

Taken from the Internation site and press release:

"Warrenville, IL (September 13, 2004) What hauls six tons, can seat a football team’s offensive line and, for kids over 20 who miss playing with trucks in the sandbox, is the ultimate toy for extreme work and play? The International CXT, the world’s biggest production pick-up truck for commercial business owners and the newest truck from International Truck and Engine Corporation."

"So you get all the attributes of a commercial truck – but you don’t need a commercial driver’s license to drive it.*"

Sounds like an SUV to me..........
Old 10-28-2004, 11:36 PM   #13
graywolf624
Regular User

I do undestand that... but the average joe schomoe will want one of this horrific things and use it just to pick up the kids, seems like a joke, but it will be done. hummers will be a thing of the past with those monsters.
Legally they cant.. its not valid under there license.

"So you get all the attributes of a commercial truck – but you don’t need a commercial driver’s license to drive it.*"
loaded with anything more then a person it would require a cdl in america.. maybe not there. cdl is 26000 lbs. And trust me when I say they will weigh you.. and there are fines. The astrik next to the statement proves that...
*State restrictions may apply. Talk to your local motor vehicle department.
ITs made by international? That is a trucking company.
Old 10-28-2004, 11:37 PM   #14
graywolf624
Regular User

biggest production pick-up truck for commercial business
Reading comprehension?
Old 10-28-2004, 11:38 PM   #15
deth
Regular User

^^ thats some good selective reading

what about the other part?

"Warrenville, IL (September 13, 2004) What hauls six tons, can seat a football team’s offensive line and, for kids over 20 who miss playing with trucks in the sandbox, is the ultimate toy for extreme work and play? The International CXT, the world’s biggest production pick-up truck for commercial business owners and the newest truck from International Truck and Engine Corporation."