Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 01:25 PM   #76
yg60m
Regular User

Yep the F50 is and always will be my dream that I hope will come true one day....if not I will settle for an F40 or even an Enzo me being a very reasonable kind of guy.
i am reasonable too so when you will buy one tell me, we can maybe have a price if we buy two cars
Old 03-01-2004, 01:25 PM   #77
gucom
Regular User

Anyone they disagrees with him is "retarded"....its a hormone thing in all teenagers I think....
man 1st of all yall kinda sad makin fun of sum1s age if u cant win it with arguments...feelin good about urselves now???
the thing u never seem to understand is, I DO NOT CARE IF U DONT LIKE THE F1, i just dont like people makin BS comments on a great car.
As for u driving a Diablo and a F355, ok good4u, id be happy as hell if i got to drive any of those cars, but it doesnt mean u know anything more abou tthe F1 or the F50 than other ppl do
Another thing, ur talking about limits of drivers being reached, as JC (who isnt exactly a fan of the F1) says, the F50 will likely get him killed if he tried to push it, while the F1 is said to be easier to keep control of

now im gonna quit this useless conversation, if u guys wanna keep being childish makin fun of me go ahead, do watever u like
Old 03-01-2004, 01:29 PM   #78
Tomerville
Regular User

How did the TVR T440R do in that comparisson? I just ordered the DVD last week from Amazon.co.uk. The T440R in my opinion is an awsome car! The rear under-difuser, and the transmision!

"Time is a versitile performer: it flies, marches, heals all wounds, runs out and will tell"
-Franklin Jones

^The definition of grip. Nav+Bose (standard) Arctic Silver on Blue, Heaven on Earth. '05 911 Turbo^
Old 03-01-2004, 01:58 PM   #79
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by gucom
Anyone they disagrees with him is "retarded"....its a hormone thing in all teenagers I think....
man 1st of all yall kinda sad makin fun of sum1s age if u cant win it with arguments...feelin good about urselves now???
but its ok for you to call my posts and opinions retarded of course...
Old 03-01-2004, 03:51 PM   #80
SDK2003
Regular User

In my opinion I still think the McLaren F1 is still the best 'Hypercar'. Those that complain that it costs too much to buy or spare parts are too expensive either shouldn’t own one or have completely missed the whole point of why the F1 was built - without compromise.
The F1 was built long before ‘bring your own track days’ were around which is why the car is a little soft on a track when compared to new cars of today, but as an overall package it’s still the best (IMO).

Whilst Martin Brundle wasn’t the greatest F1 driver ever he was still highly rated in his day. Michael Schumacher helped develop the Enzo’s driving feel but I don’t ever recall MS being an engineer So Michaels input does not make up for the fact that road car gearing has to be completely different to race car gearing which is designed and built to last around only 500 miles, something that would not be suitable for a road car. I believe that a manual gear change via a stick is still the best usable method in a road car

|| Canon 20D x2 | 17-40L | 24-70L | 100 USM Macro | 100-400L IS | 580EX ||
Old 03-01-2004, 04:33 PM   #81
gucom
Regular User

but its ok for you to call my posts and opinions retarded of course...
hmmmmmmm i might have gotten a bit carried away, but IMO that post was asking for it. o i wudnt post here anymore. well nvm, lets both stop the bs.
Old 03-01-2004, 05:14 PM   #82
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by SnowboarderTom
How did the TVR T440R do in that comparisson? I just ordered the DVD last week from Amazon.co.uk. The T440R in my opinion is an awsome car! The rear under-difuser, and the transmision!
Sadly for you, it wasn't very well rated by Brundle...
Old 03-01-2004, 09:31 PM   #83
kteo2003
Regular User

well i have a question fro you gucom.
if you had the money which of these cars would you buy and why.
ferrari enzo-porsche carrera gt -mclaren F1
Old 03-02-2004, 07:35 AM   #84
Jabba
Regular User

Quoting Jeremy Clarksons thoughts on the mclaren F1 that may not necessarily be correct but are exactly the same as the way I feel about it also.

The mclaren F1 is like comparing a photograph to a painting or watching a band on TV rather than live....of course if you want passion then theres only one country in the world that can give that to you.....

I guess I prefer paintings and art to photographs and television.
Closed Thread