Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 01-13-2006, 09:18 PM   #1
RC45
Regular User

Default Houston - Friday the 13th - C5 and C6 Z06..

We had a little get together in Houston today - a bunch of Z06 folks (and Sameerao) had lunch at Fogo de Chao.

Great time as had by all - and especially during the joy-ride in the new Z - it's an awesome ride... almost exactly what I had expected/hoped the C5 Z to feel like out of the box namely it should have had eye-popping a$$-kicking grunt like this fro the get-go.

The Corvette team done good with this new one. (except no FRC with a trunk profile )

And I am real glad I have had my car modded with the cam/headers/tune - otherwise on the way home in my car I might have felt inclined to open the door and check if I was moving that is how quick the C6 Z feels.. quick enough to make a stock C5 Z feel slow and anemic

The Banner Shot

The Beast

The Line Up
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 09:30 PM   #2
blinkmeat
Regular User

Cool - vids?
blinkmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 09:32 PM   #3
sameerrao
Regular User

Maybe its all the food we ate today that slowed you down ... I am still full now four hours afterwards.

Awesome food. http://www.fogodechao.com/

Awesome C6- the car just squatted a bit and took off like a rocket and it is stock too. I shudder to think what it will do with your car's level of tuning

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 10:33 PM   #4
T-Bird
Regular User

I've seen a few new Z's on the road and one of them launched right next to me at a light and OMG! that thing was fast. I've seen a few older Z's playing with the Ferrari and Porsche guys outside our shop so soon hopefully there will be a few new ones. There is a dealer across the street from us called corvette city and just north is Ferrari and just south is porsche.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 10:53 PM   #5
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by sameerrao
Maybe its all the food we ate today that slowed you down ... I am still full now four hours afterwards.

Awesome food. http://www.fogodechao.com/

Awesome C6- the car just squatted a bit and took off like a rocket and it is stock too. I shudder to think what it will do with your car's level of tuning
What we saw/felt today was 100hp over the stock C5 Z06... Lou G in Dallas has pretty much been able to add another 100hp on top of that with cam/headers/intake - now he just has fine tune it.

The bottom live is the C6 Z06 can have another 100hp on tap for $3,000 worth of parts and labour
Old 01-14-2006, 05:04 AM   #6
TT
Regular User

Pretty nice opportunity to have a taste of the Z06 I bet! Actually I realize that the C5 looks much cooler beside a C6 than in isolation where it feels dated! Dang, out of the bunch I fear I could end up picking your car instead of the new Z06 :shock:
Old 01-14-2006, 05:16 AM   #7
Pehtren
Regular User

its really nice that you tried the new Z, too bad you didnt drove it

thanks for the pics
Pehtren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 06:57 AM   #8
yg60m
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Pretty nice opportunity to have a taste of the Z06 I bet! Actually I realize that the C5 looks much cooler beside a C6 than in isolation where it feels dated! Dang, out of the bunch I fear I could end up picking your car instead of the new Z06 :shock:
Indeed the C5 is always very nice, we could wonder which one is the new vette But having seen a C6 Z06 in my rearview mirror growing and then passing me I can tell it is pretty nice looking it has presence for sure !!!

Originally Posted by RC45
The bottom live is the C6 Z06 can have another 100hp on tap for $3,000 worth of parts and labour
Really ?? :shock: only 3.000 $ for 100 bhp ??

Anyway thanks for your reports and pics of the trip RC Except the slang that I don't always understand
Old 01-14-2006, 12:41 PM   #9
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by yg60m
Really ?? :shock: only 3.000 $ for 100 bhp ??
Yep...

LG Headers : $1,500.00
LG Cam shaft : $400.00
Modded airbox : $5.00
Labour to put it al together : $1,000

The look on allanlambo's face when you put 25 bus lengths on his modded Diablo SV from a standstill and a roll-on : Priceless

Old 01-14-2006, 12:55 PM   #10
sameerrao
Regular User

^^ LOL

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
Old 01-16-2006, 05:31 AM   #11
mindgam3
Regular User

nice lil meet there, the new does make the old look a lil dated don't you think?
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 10:20 PM   #12
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas

... so you could finally taste the new Z06 and for what you're saying... I guess it was a mindblowing experience
Yep - felt pretty much like any of the 427ci C5 Z06's do - well a little slower -- since the 427 C5 Z's are putting about 540rwhp down.

But for a stock car, barely 2,000 miles old - it is farging fast

Originally Posted by mindgam3
nice lil meet there, the new does make the old look a lil dated don't you think?
Rather seeing them side by side highlights the timeless lines of the C5 Z06 with it's unique FRC profile.

I am guessing the C5 Z06 has that aggressive look that many of the 60's and 70's classic race cars have - when they are sporting their hardtops - the E-Type, the Cobra come to mind.
Old 01-17-2006, 03:37 AM   #13
ae86_16v
Regular User

Thanks for the pics.

The biggest problem that I have with the C6 is that it got rid of the Flip up headlights and used the Ferrari look-a-likes (360-esq) instead. With that said, I would preferred the front end of the C5 and the front fenders after of the C6.

But I like what Chevy has done to the new C6 Z06. It has definitely stepped it up a notch, not that the C5 Z06 was slow by any means, but this new one puts it in new terrorities.

How did you like the interior?
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 03:48 AM   #14
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by mindgam3
Rather seeing them side by side highlights the timeless lines of the C5 Z06 with it's unique FRC profile.

I am guessing the C5 Z06 has that aggressive look that many of the 60's and 70's classic race cars have - when they are sporting their hardtops - the E-Type, the Cobra come to mind.
I agree for the most part

I think the Z lacks the bodacious curvature of the cobra and E type. So the sex appeal in the Z is turned down a few notches compared to the other two iconic designs you mentioned.

BTW what is FRC - fastback something or the other?

Having said that, the Z has a very distinctive design, clean-cut and elegant. The side profile is stunning. Surely a design that nearly 8 years on looks pretty fresh will stand the test of time.

Old 01-17-2006, 09:50 AM   #15
RC45
Regular User

FRC - Fixed Roof Coupe i.e. non-removable hardtop.

You are correct the C5 Z does not have the extreme curves of the 60's cars - and if it did, that would be the perfect shape.

But here is a side-by-side comparison that has always caught my attention.