Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 06-29-2008, 10:39 AM   #16
Pokiou
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
LOL - this is hilarious.

They are only blaming GTA4 because their lawyers advised them to. Random violence and teenagers acting as worthless thugs has bene around for decades.

Its pretty telling that the "gang" is pretty cosmopolitan... by last name it looks like a Messikan, 2 Pakis and a Honky.... what happened?? They couldn't find their other "brutha" Snoop before they left on their "video game" rampage?

Why not? Main stream global entertainment is full of such stories - with no age restrictions... just see TV at 7pm every night.

There ar efar more unbalanced teens as a result of porr education models that refuse to present or teach mortality in schools and int he same breath restrict parents access and "control" over their kids.

When last did a 10 or 12 year old boy who was being an arsehol get a good thrashing from their mother/father with a belt on their backside to pull them in line?

Spare the rod and spoil the child... no - spoil the nation
I totally agree with you.. I spanked as a small kid.. and i grew up to be a fine gentleman and loving caring person..

Today.. 15yo... doesnt even show respect.. im 28 and when they walk around swearing and shit and drinking on public transport it just piss's me off. I told them and what do they say.. FUCK YOU CUNT... so what did i do... being of large build. I walked up and he was like wtf you gonna do.. I grab his Jim Beam and poured it over his head.. little shit kicker.. every one in the train lol at him.. i signed off with saying:

"Is that the mouth you kiss you mother with.." He was so lost for words he ran off the train!

little gangster eminem wanna be...
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 03:43 PM   #17
5vz-fe
Regular User

As much as I agree with you that a lot of young kids today show lack of respect for everything. What you did will solve nothing. Quite the opposite actually, what you show him is that being bigger and larger build can do a lot more in the cruel world. What you did is make yourself feel good after an argument with a kid. You shouldn't take justice into your own hands.

I don't know what's the world like in Australia, if it's in NA, that kid will probably want to get a gun and get more "respect" while building himself up in case of running into bullies like you.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:10 PM   #18
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe View Post
As much as I agree with you that a lot of young kids today show lack of respect for everything. What you did will solve nothing. Quite the opposite actually, what you show him is that being bigger and larger build can do a lot more in the cruel world. What you did is make yourself feel good after an argument with a kid. You shouldn't take justice into your own hands.

I don't know what's the world like in Australia, if it's in NA, that kid will probably want to get a gun and get more "respect" while building himself up in case of running into bullies like you.
Which is why in Texas, when the "kid" graduates to home invasion, he'll get sho tin the face and dragged out in a body bag
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 04:14 PM   #19
5vz-fe
Regular User

^LOL, nothing wrong with self defense. When everyone has a few guns at home, you always second guess before you climb through that window.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:08 PM   #20
79TA
Regular User

Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
^ are people really that bored?
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 09:34 PM   #21
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by 79TA View Post
^ are people really that bored?
Yes... that bored and naive.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:42 PM   #22
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
1 warning issued for a signature that violates the TOS
Spam in your sig is risky business
Old 06-29-2008, 10:20 PM   #23
Mattk
Regular User

To get respect you need to show respect. I'm willing to bet that the kids involved in this incident all had neglectful parents and/or teachers. They've just been brought up poorly. I'm not sure spanking has any substantive effect at all, either way. It's all part of a bigger process.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:40 PM   #24
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Mattk View Post
To get respect you need to show respect. I'm willing to bet that the kids involved in this incident all had neglectful parents and/or teachers. They've just been brought up poorly. I'm not sure spanking has any substantive effect at all, either way. It's all part of a bigger process.
It is not the actual thrashing that has the substantive effect - it is the threat of the thrashing.

When I was a youngster I only got hit once on the backside with a belt. when I was maybe 6 or 7 years old.... for defying a parent and kicking the football in the house.

The ball bounced and smashed some items in the house. Interesting thing is that from then on, when either parent (or auts or uncles or grand parents) made a request to do or not do something, I did or didnt do it as required.

You know why? Because I receieved a thrashing on my backside amd it was painful enough to leave an impression.

That impression was that there are consequences to action and it is better to not commit a violatin or crime.

So, unlike these days where you see a parent or grandparent saying "Johnny - don't do that" and he replies "Fuckoff old man" in our day you actually respected the person, command and general order of things.

The idea that "kids" need to be pandered to is absurd. The reason many western cultures are besot with rampant juvenile crime is because the kids were not TAUGHT respect to command they are given.

The idea that I and all other people who were raised with the threat of corporal punishment have all become wife beating, child abusing gang raping mass murderes is stupid at best.

The reality is were actually have respect fo rthe rule of law and are able to operate in a society of laws a lot easier than brats who were pandered to at every turn.

Spare the rod and spoil the nation.

Old 06-30-2008, 01:58 AM   #25
79TA
Regular User

I kind of doubt the parents in this case were around to deal out any kind of discipline. But, you never know for what all went on for sure.

While I'm generally against younger, more impressionable kids playing games like GTA4, it would make a convenient excuse in a case like this.
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:12 PM   #26
bluedemon

An interesting argurement has arrisin in this thread, but I must agree with RC45, I'm 23 and when I was growing up I learned and quickly I might add to do what I was told, now as a child sometimes I didn't listen and I paid the consequences, spanking or my favorite having to stand with my nose on the doorknob for 15-20 mins, nothing like good o'l fashioned humilation for punishement. But heres the thing, it worked, I respected my elders, never once did I tell my parents to "shut up" or anything like that. I also didn't grow up on video games, but I think that playing them does not alter a persons sense of reality, thats just a cop out used my children and parents to take away any responsiblity that they might have. There is nothing wrong with spanking your children for discipline, now granted there is a line that can't be crossed when it comes to discipling your children and that is up to the parents to realize. But if a kid knows he is going to get a spanking when he does something wrong then when he grows up he won't do things that are unlawful and morally disdainfull. The future does not look well for the world if parents don't get some control over their children, I see kids downtown with the parents and I wonder why these adults lets their children talk to them like that, I would have been backhanded to next sunday if I spoke to my parents like that. Don't blame violent and misbehaved children on video games, blame them on bad parenting.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:18 PM   #27
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

some people are just born stupid, and the shit that drive them to stupid acts can be video games, religion, and pretty much everything else..

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:25 PM   #28
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by bluedemon View Post
An interesting argurement has arrisin in this thread, but I must agree with RC45, I'm 23 and when I was growing up I learned and quickly I might add to do what I was told, now as a child sometimes I didn't listen and I paid the consequences, spanking or my favorite having to stand with my nose on the doorknob for 15-20 mins, nothing like good o'l fashioned humilation for punishement. But heres the thing, it worked, I respected my elders, never once did I tell my parents to "shut up" or anything like that. I also didn't grow up on video games, but I think that playing them does not alter a persons sense of reality, thats just a cop out used my children and parents to take away any responsiblity that they might have. There is nothing wrong with spanking your children for discipline, now granted there is a line that can't be crossed when it comes to discipling your children and that is up to the parents to realize. But if a kid knows he is going to get a spanking when he does something wrong then when he grows up he won't do things that are unlawful and morally disdainfull. The future does not look well for the world if parents don't get some control over their children, I see kids downtown with the parents and I wonder why these adults lets their children talk to them like that, I would have been backhanded to next sunday if I spoke to my parents like that. Don't blame violent and misbehaved children on video games, blame them on bad parenting.
You too?? hehe

Strange thing is I never even thought about saying some of the things I have seen kids yell at their parents in public these days.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:34 PM   #29
Pokiou
Regular User

I cant imagine what they say RC. i mean i once swore saying oh fuck sake and the millisecond i completed the sentence i had my mums back hand in my face.. I rarely swear and when i do people know I’m angry. So i totally agree with punishment.. Telling a kid not to do behave in a certain manner is not like telling a dog to sit.

If my kid steps out of line, I’m sure he will be very well acquainted to my back hand.. Not cause i hate him but cause i love him and want him to grow up knowing that there is always a reaction to an action.

As for that kid in the train.. It wasn't bulling, it was simple discipline that he lacked from his parents that i gave him. I could of dragged him off the train and put his head under the train if i wanted but in stead i chose to react in a manner that would behave him.

I mean wars where fought over people insulting other peoples families!! You insult me that fine to a point BUT you add my family and my fiancée and then its over red rover.. you better run or I’m going to rip your scrotum out and shove it down your throat!

Pok.

Last edited by Pokiou; 07-10-2008 at 08:40 PM.
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 07:44 AM   #30
enginestart
Regular User

It's certainly all very sad

Last edited by enginestart; 05-25-2017 at 03:58 AM.
enginestart is offline   Reply With Quote