Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Photography

Old 01-13-2007, 04:23 PM   #16
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by Igorionia
MIHALS i got the same problem right know
I wonder should i buy Canon 400D +kit lense (and save some money for new lenses) or I should save some money right know and buy better body like Canon 20D... Don't know I'm not actually very good in lenses. But into photography about 2years right know with my Canon Powershot G5.It's ok but i need more zoom. Faster Camera. More functions. I'm using my G5 mostly for car related photography. Races/Racing Events, simple Photoshoots but sometimes like to photo my friends,city etc. So Can you guys help me ?
And what About Nikon cameras?
I know that Canon got family like 300D/350D/400D and 20D/30D. But what equivalented cameras got Nikon. Found a lot of them on dpreview like D200/D50/D70/D40 can't understend what is what ...

some of my photos with G5
first page of folders
second page of folders
Buy a used Canon 350D or Nikon D50/D70 and splurge on a couple good lenses. Camera bodies depreciate very quickly while good lenses hold their value well. Besides, the features unique to the top end camera bodies are not going to be used that much by amateurs anyway.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 04:28 PM   #17
TopGearNL
Regular User

Originally Posted by sameerrao
Originally Posted by Igorionia
MIHALS i got the same problem right know
I wonder should i buy Canon 400D +kit lense (and save some money for new lenses) or I should save some money right know and buy better body like Canon 20D... Don't know I'm not actually very good in lenses. But into photography about 2years right know with my Canon Powershot G5.It's ok but i need more zoom. Faster Camera. More functions. I'm using my G5 mostly for car related photography. Races/Racing Events, simple Photoshoots but sometimes like to photo my friends,city etc. So Can you guys help me ?
And what About Nikon cameras?
I know that Canon got family like 300D/350D/400D and 20D/30D. But what equivalented cameras got Nikon. Found a lot of them on dpreview like D200/D50/D70/D40 can't understend what is what ...

some of my photos with G5
first page of folders
second page of folders
Buy a used Canon 350D or Nikon D50/D70 and splurge on a couple good lenses. Camera bodies depreciate very quickly while good lenses hold their value well. Besides, the features unique to the top end camera bodies are not going to be used that much by amateurs anyway.
I can vouch for that!
Old 01-13-2007, 04:35 PM   #18
Igorionia
Regular User

thanx,looks like i just need to buy 400D+kit lense and save up for good lense.
i don't really want to buy used camara.

Igorionia is offline   Reply With Quote