Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat > Car Gallery

Old 03-21-2005, 08:38 AM   #1
mv
Regular User

Default 2006 Ford Focus RS

Spy Shot: Ford Focus RS
When Ford launched its 220bhp Focus ST at the Geneva show, company officials were keeping schtum about an even hotter RS version in the pipeline. But now we've caught the flagship model undergoing cold-weather testing. Whilst the ST, which arrives in late 2005, gets 220bhp from Volvo's turbocharged five-cylinder 2.5-litre engine and is more powerful than the previous-generation Focus RS (200 bhp), the RS will be quicker still, with the T5 unit tuned for a good 250 bhp-plus and fitted in combination with the Volvo AWD system.

Like its earlier namesake, and forebears such as the Sierra RS Cosworth, expect the latest RS to take its inspiration from the newest Ford WRC car, which makes its debut in 2006. The previous Focus RS got many race-spec parts - Sachs dampers, Brembo brakes, Sparco seats, OZ Racing alloys, a Garrett turbocharger and AP clutch to name a few - so we'd expect this top-dog Focus to bring much of the rallying experience to the road. We don't predict a tacky bodykit and a huge wing, though: like the previous RS, it will probably remain reasonably understated.

http://www.channel4.com/4car/g....html
Old 03-21-2005, 08:50 AM   #2
Daggernite
Regular User

I think I speak for alot of ppl when I say this is VERY good news!! Its actually made my day, thanks for the news!
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 09:36 AM   #3
bmwmpower
Regular User

doesnt seems not very agresive to me, some pics before was better, nice rims BTW, RS will have 300 hp, ST will have 217
bmwmpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 11:03 AM   #4
mv
Regular User

Originally Posted by Daggernite
I think I speak for alot of ppl when I say this is VERY good news!! Its actually made my day, thanks for the news!
But it sadly didn't make my day as I was expecting those 300 horses as bmwmpower states... However, channel4 is fortunately not the one who decides about the final specification.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:55 AM   #5
noosee
Regular User

I just hope it's true
noosee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 05:09 PM   #6
JiggaStyles09
Regular User

well i definitly like the 250 hp, however i agree with most of you on the styling, maybe the official photos will have it dressed up better than in the spy shots. but the previous generation RS was great looking, thinking back on the blue one featured on the top gear episode.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:13 PM   #7
jon_s
Regular User

I think that the car in the picture is simply an ST shell, so they can test the engine e.t.c. I have no doubt that the RS will be more aggressive than that.
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 05:50 PM   #8
gobs3z
Regular User

It needs a lower stance and a better aero kit with possibly wider wheel arches, lets see what coombsie66 says about it. And ofcourse it will not hit the US shores, but i don't like the volvo powerplant, i just don't feel a five banger will hit the spot for that market. Is that engine an iron or aluminum block?

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 06:47 PM   #9
komotar
Regular User

I still can't get over the shape, but I'll manage....

I think ford won't disappoint. The former rs was one hell of a car......this one will be the same........only faster

http://avtomoto.siol.net/
komotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 08:31 PM   #10
Schwalbe

Finally the new Focus RS will be AWD !
Schwalbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 11:59 PM   #11
chest3r
Regular User

When the official specs of the new ST were revealed I remember reading that the new RS woud have near 300bhp in order to compete with the Evo VIII and the Impreza STi.

Did Ford changed his plans or they're thinking 250bhp would be enough to beat the Evo ???

Even if it would have 300bhp I don't think it could be better than the Evo. But I think it could be a really good car. The previous RS was awesome in everyway way. I love that agressive look

On those pics the car looks like a normal Focus with just a few changes. I hope the final version will be much more agressive 8)
Old 03-22-2005, 12:13 AM   #12
-Akshay-
Regular User

damn it looks really good
Old 03-22-2005, 12:48 AM   #13
AlienDB7
Regular User

At last, the promised Focus RS with AWD. Wonder why they chose the Volvo one thou, isn't it FWD biased? The old RS was very fast already, this can only get better
AlienDB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 04:41 AM   #14
mv
Regular User

Originally Posted by chest3r
On those pics the car looks like a normal Focus with just a few changes. I hope the final version will be much more agressive 8)
It will surely be... At least the bumpers will be exchanged in favour of more aggressive ones.