Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 06-19-2003, 05:26 AM   #1
TT
Regular User

Default Problem with Explorer

I have a little bug with IE 5.5 ... since yesterday, it doesn't open the links that usually opens in new windows.. you know, like every link you find in a forum, from vids to simple url... it just begin to open the window and then stops and can't complete the task.. so I have to open it manually (ctrl+n) and copy&paste the url... annoying... does somebody know why my PC is so mean? :p
Old 06-19-2003, 05:39 AM   #2
1zippo1
Regular User

I've never encountered that problem but you should check out
Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced
There you'll get a lot of options and it will probably be one of these you have to switch on/out. Maybe the : "Reuse window for opening shortcuts" option. Haven't tried it out.

By the way, nice car in your sig TT.

You said you had made a list of your car vid's. Could you perhaps mail them or send them to me via msn. Just want to check if I got everything from turbo.fr. The menu is a bit annoying and I haven't downloaded anything from it the last couple of weeks.
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 06:55 AM   #3
gis
Regular User

i dont know if its the same problem,but everytime there was a link to another website or whatever,i had to copy the link and paste into my browser,it does get annoyin,so i asked my dad if he knew what was wrong,he said he didnt know why it did it but all i had to do was ring my internet company and tell them the problem and they gave me instructions to a menu in my start menu and then they gave me a code to enter and then links worked fine,hope thats any help dude

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 09:17 AM   #4
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by 1zippo1
I've never encountered that problem but you should check out
Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced
There you'll get a lot of options and it will probably be one of these you have to switch on/out. Maybe the : "Reuse window for opening shortcuts" option. Haven't tried it out.

By the way, nice car in your sig TT.

You said you had made a list of your car vid's. Could you perhaps mail them or send them to me via msn. Just want to check if I got everything from turbo.fr. The menu is a bit annoying and I haven't downloaded anything from it the last couple of weeks.
The options are all ok... as for the list: I did it and posted it in the TG thread at RF time ago.. didn't saved it though... and didn't update neither...