Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat > Car Gallery

Old 07-01-2003, 02:10 AM   #16
novass
Regular User

Originally Posted by 666fast
Your Nova is nice, I need me a muscle car of sorts. Screw that 325is I want!
LOL....i would suggest you get both. if your anything like me, this car worked fine while in high school, but as i got older and had to drive to more and more places it was a burden. no air, no heater, low gears so i could only cruise about 60mph, and its so easy to make faster that gas mileage just goes down the shitter. but i love it. i havent been in a car that can replicate the feeling of a carbed V8 with power takin off. the sounds, the vibration, the brute force. girls love the back seat cause of the vibration lol. for gas mileage i went and bought a 01 A4 1.8t, its stock, so now i have a car that goes fast in a straight line but doesnt turn or stop very well and a car that goes fast around corners and brakes better but isnt fast....i gotta do somethin about this....
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 11:20 AM   #17
crochico
Regular User

finally the pics are up..lol.. those are some great looking cars, especially the 69 camaro (twin-turbo) and the yellow corvette convertible with the massive wheels :shock: :shock:
and the nova looks great, i've only seen the one pic from behind that you had on RF.. very nice looking car i must say..
and about the problem, it's hard to get the best of both worlds isn't it, hmmm, i think i know someone that may know the answer and all for the low introductory price of ..... nothing! krazy, where are you?
crochico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 05:49 PM   #18
Anonymous

*Huh* Looks around suprised to be alone.... :shock:

Killer pics especially that blue 57 vert dayum!!! Thats a rare bird.

So's yer Nova! Take care of the old girlz! They gettin real scarce.

I had a 67 Nova SS but after too much trying to get it to do what I wanted I sold it to a friend and started building my 67 Camaro. The Camaro was so much easier to find the good stuff for like rear axel and the ability to put some decent size rubber under it without going into a massive chop job. Thats been one of Nova's problems those dam inner wheel wells.... I didnt want to butcher a perfect original 67 to put tubs in it, and the front suspension in the nova wasn't really suited to my form of madness. I wanted maddog handling and the old camaro with some decent springs shocks and sway bars did the trick, and was a light ass piece of work to have the power I had... The few times I drag raced it were a scarry ordeal.... I've never nearly flipped a car before, bikes yep cars noooooo LOL I ripped the rear bumper off one time when I had slicks on it LOL
Old 07-01-2003, 07:26 PM   #19
novass
Regular User

@crochico. i love that vette. although if it was mine i think i would change the color, maybe a deeper yellow. its still a beautiful car tho. i would love to have one with a new vette drivetrain and suspension. and that twin turbo 69 was fuckin incredible! its got about 2500hp. i was sittin at the 60ft mark when i saw him race. i didnt know it had turbos or anything, but right as he passed me you could hear this huge whooosh like a jet and the thing took off. he ran a [email protected] car is insane

@Krazy. i was lookin at gettin a 68 camaro when i was 15 but my brother forced me to go see this guys nova and when i did, i had to have it. i know what you mean tho, the thing is hard to find parts for. i put a chevy 12bolt rear in it with 4.11 gears and did a mini tub for some bigger wheels and changed the front to put on some disc brakes. ive had the car since i was 15, so thats for 8yrs now, but its still a work in progress. when i bought it there was a 283 V8 in it which i immediately took out and put in a 355. the hardest part about this is i keep changing my mind. i dont know whether i want to make a dragster out of it or make a pro touring car. im gonna take a class at a community college for shits and giggles but its a class on how to press carbon fiber, im gonna do the whole body in carbon fiber!! but i need to make up my mind cause makin it a dragster is a little cheaper than goin for a pro touring type car, ah well ill see what happens. as far as takin care of it...im gonna be buried in this car!

i forgot to put a pic of the engine. its not pretty but it gets the job done. its a 355 V8 with around 450hp, combined with 4.11 gears it can beat damn near anything i see on the road. it seems like the cars i couldnt beat, never want to race. one time i came across a mid 40s guy in a 911 turbo, about a month ago, i revved the engine, he looked over and shook his head in disgust. i kept revving it and finally i got a response from him, so when the light went green i hammered it and took off, i smoked him somethin fierce. as long as there arent any turns or major top speeds involved the nova does damn well LOL
Old 07-01-2003, 07:54 PM   #20
666fast
Regular User

[quote="novass"]one time i came across a mid 40s guy in a 911 turbo, about a month ago, i revved the engine, he looked over and shook his head in disgust. i kept revving it and finally i got a response from him, so when the light went green i hammered it and took off, i smoked him somethin fierce.

Heh, go tell that to Discofish over at RF.com!

Your Nova is damn cool dude. Drop it, put in some coilovers and some thick sway bars and she'll handle a ton better!
Old 07-02-2003, 01:38 AM   #21
novass
Regular User

@666....i think i said somethin about muscle cars beatin up on German cars and she got real pissed LOL. started goin on about her 911, just babblin

yea im still figuring out which way to take the car, i keep jumpin back and forth on different ideas. i should just get another one and do both ideas LOL

i like racing expensive cars. especially when i was younger cause it always suprised the other driver that such a young kid in an old car could hang with his car. sure once i reach about 100 or take a turn the other car will destroy me, but from a standstill i can do some damage for a little while. i dont have to deal with traction control or anything like that and the car actually has a lot of grip at the back so it handles all that torque well. but it can always be faster!! and it shall LOL
Old 07-02-2003, 02:11 AM   #22
666fast
Regular User

Heh, yea, I noticed that whenever someone says that their car can destroy a 911 Turbo she goes into a fricken rage!
She isn't a bad person but her attitude sucks the big one!

Who cares how it handles on the street. No one that street races cares how fast they can corner, it's all about drags. Unless you plan on taking your car to a road track and setting fast lap times, don't bother with better suspension. Set it up to drag race and you would save quite a bit of money.

But hey, it's your car, do what you want with it. Me personally, I'd get coilvers and such and turn it into an all around monster. A 68 Camaro would make one sweet track car!
Old 07-02-2003, 03:22 AM   #23
novass
Regular User

i found these pics in the July 03 issue of Chevy High Performance. this is what i am considereing to do to the Nova if i dont make it a dragster.

LOL i speak as if this will be accomplished soon, either way the thing wont be done for like 10 yrs...man im lazy, and i need a job!!!

Pro Touring 69 Camaro

Old 07-02-2003, 03:41 AM   #24
666fast
Regular User

LOL! I have that pic up on my wall!

A pro touring Camaro or Mustang would be damn fun to have. A Nomad would be pretty damn unique, but they weight a shitload!

Another awesome car, the Nomad.

10 years is quite a bit of time, but look at it this way, it's another 10 years to enjoy your car. It would get a bit old if you did everything you wanted to in as little time as possible!
Old 07-02-2003, 04:59 AM   #25
666fast
Regular User

Heh, I can't sleep and I'm bored out of my mind.
I came across this and thought you would like to see it Nova.
It has shitty music though!

http://www.pro-touring.com/videos/Global-West_2002.wmv
Old 07-02-2003, 05:30 AM   #26
novass
Regular User

thanks for the link! 67-69 IMO are the best Camaros by far. the ones during the 70s were too pointy in the front. the newest SS and Z28 are nice too but if i was gonna buy a Camaro it would be one from the 60s.

there a few pro touring cars in the new Super Chevy. theres a few cars vette, mustang, and some more. the mustang is nice, which is a hard thing for me to say LOL. if you havent read it ill post the pics. hell maybe ill post them anyway

i would love to see a Nomad set up like that. that would be the perfect car for a roadtrip up the coast.
Old 07-02-2003, 06:17 PM   #27
666fast
Regular User

I found a bunch of coool pics of muscle cars. GTO's, Mustangs, Camaro's, Cutlass 442's, a couple Nomads. Cool stuff

Old 07-02-2003, 07:31 PM   #28
novass
Regular User

those are some nice pics....i love that orange chevelle and that first camaro and pretty much all of them!

i dont know what i was smokin, well i do, but the mag i meant to say was Popular Hot Rodding not Super Chevy. what would a mustang be doin in a Chevy mag? im a retard LOL ill scan those pics and put em up later tonight
Old 07-04-2003, 12:17 AM   #29
novass
Regular User

i dont know what i did with that magazine....ill find it, and ill post the pics.

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
Old 07-07-2003, 04:01 PM   #30
SilviaS15Cwest
Regular User

LOL, I like the Ford sticker.

My toy - 1991 BMW 525i - Factory installed option limited slip, upgraded BMW rims, leather everything, Falken Ziex tires. - 189 hp, 181 tq
R/T .098
60' 2.618
330 7.311
1/8 [email protected]
1000 14.444
1/4 [email protected] ([email protected] altitude corrected.)
NEEDS TO BE FASTER! Changing a couple things and hoping for low 16's next time.
Pics at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/529151/1
SilviaS15Cwest is offline   Reply With Quote