Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 05-18-2008, 12:42 PM   #1
Exige_240R
Regular User

Default "Dash for the Coast" - Dawn meet & run to Hayling Island - selection of cars

My first post in this thread since my return, I checked the rules, all the pics are 800 res so no need for thumbs...

Something a little different for me today as my day started at 5.15am this morning ready to meet at the rendez-vous car park by 6am (for those who know Surrey at all, at the M25/A3 junction), with a dawn run to Hayling Island (an island off the south coast of England). 107 cars signed up on the last count, i've only taken a few pics and posted even less on here! I was in the Elise for this run, only took the roof off for the return journey when the sun was out and it was warm and nice

The route goes on all country roads and fun roads, no motorways or main roads, so its all good fun and very twisty! gave the american cars a struggle on the brakes due to the high weight and grip was a problem for the same reason as the weight shifted a lot.

Thought i'd post it up as its automotive and it was fun, I will definitely be doing something similar again soon, possibly with the Dodge Viper Club UK

My 'weapon of choice' (on the left!!)

seriously liking this

The Aston Boys were ready and raring to go 1 minute before time!!

'tis nice

Unfortunately my little camera is like me and does not function well early in the morning (too low light sadly) so some blurry pics in here...

Regional Viper Club turning up

This was a proper beast from the TVR factory

pure sex GT3 RS

slowly being blocked in!!

this was lovely, spent most of the run either just behind or just infront of this

1 of many TVR's

This Elise is seen at loads of driving events around Europe, its all over the internet!

spent some time behind this one too

You wont miss it!

The Ultima was behind me for a long time, until he sneaked past and got infront of me!

This had a GT-R reminiscent look about it (and GT-R on the side)

And here we are just after he got in front - at least he knew the way so we followed him !!

And now arrived at the Hayling Island Sailing Club

Once again lost, I became an honary member of the Viper club for a few hours while we tried to find the car show and then I parked with them while there... well, they're all pretty basic cars arent they!!

And now at the show (american classic car show, but we turned up so everything and anything ended up on display!!), many of the cars on display were ones that came with us on the run, some were not... so yes some cars appear again in pics.

And the UK members will understand this plate
Old 05-18-2008, 02:32 PM   #2
MUS911
Regular User

nice cars ... & nice Place

Thanks!
Old 05-18-2008, 06:25 PM   #3
enzoferrari
Regular User

Thanks for sharing,very good job!!!
Old 05-19-2008, 01:27 PM   #4
silentm
Regular User

wow some very nice classics (love the old mustangs) and some crazy TVRs
"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."

The Top Gear Wikiquote
silentm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 02:19 PM   #5
RC45
Regular User

Nice to see that you can still do breakfast runs through the back roads in the UK - we almost get the impession you cant go anywhere without getting nicked for going 2mph over the limit over there.

With that many cars, how spirited does the driving get? Or is it just a hasty procession through the back roads.

When ever I go on runs with 20 or more cars, it gets pretty congested and you dont really get a chance to go to quick, as you are driving with many people whose skills are unknown.

But looked like a bast.

Thnks for posting it up.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 02:29 PM   #6
Smartdriver
Regular User

Wow, tons of great supercars and so much Vipers!
I also love the aggressive gray mustang, and TVR Sagaris

www.italiansupercar.net --- My first website about modern and classic supercars
www.smartdriver.it --- My Car Enthusiast website about Smart
Smartdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 07:24 PM   #7
Exige_240R
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
Nice to see that you can still do breakfast runs through the back roads in the UK - we almost get the impession you cant go anywhere without getting nicked for going 2mph over the limit over there.

With that many cars, how spirited does the driving get? Or is it just a hasty procession through the back roads.

When ever I go on runs with 20 or more cars, it gets pretty congested and you dont really get a chance to go to quick, as you are driving with many people whose skills are unknown.

But looked like a bast.

Thnks for posting it up.
It got quite spirited with speeds in the 3-digit zones on the better 'smooth' surfaced roads The Elise doesn't pull so well at those speeds, but it managed to keep up and have fun Plenty of wheel spins and slides at junctions etc, all proper behaviour! And of course, since none of the cars on the run are particularly quiet (the Elise being the loudest i've ever heard which helps) when you go down echoey roads, especially past Goodwood, the noise is great!!

Majority of it was just higher driving speeds for the pleasure of it! Few people went the wrong way as invariably the lines gets broken by slower regular cars... but all made it too the end with smiles on our faces and in 1 piece