Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 03-22-2006, 03:45 PM   #1
vexor
Regular User

Default Acura RSX & TSX A-Spec

RSX

The RSX Concept made its debut at the 2001 SEMA show and was updated for this year's show to reflect the significant changes made to the Acura RSX for 2005. The Concept RSX features a chassis twidened five inches compared to stock with an aggressive body styling kit, fender flares.
TSX

Based on the TSX sport sedan, the one-of-a-kind A-Spec Concept is aggressively styled with wide fenders, custom 19-inch wheels and Pirelli tires that combine to increase the track by 20 mm. The front and rear fascias have been redesigned for improved ventilation and downforce.

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 03:50 PM   #2
fireguy
Regular User

wow.....looks nice. i wonder if they are going to be in this years' local auto show at BC Place? Is this the official version A-Spec models??
fireguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 03:52 PM   #3
vexor
Regular User

Is this the official version A-Spec models??
Looks like it, not 100% sure

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 10:19 PM   #4
T-Bird
Regular User

Nowhere even close to the '06 A-spec packages at all. and the RSX is done for after this year so don't expect to be seeing that one anytime soon at the dealerships. As for the TSX maybe as an '07 option but I would highly doubt it.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 10:22 PM   #5
ZfrkS62
Regular User

aggressively styled
aggresive and Honda....what's wrong with that?? Kind of looks like factory rice to me

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 10:43 PM   #6
Zot09
Regular User

Originally Posted by T-Bird
Nowhere even close to the '06 A-spec packages at all. and the RSX is done for after this year so don't expect to be seeing that one anytime soon at the dealerships. As for the TSX maybe as an '07 option but I would highly doubt it.
Exactly what I was going to say. The current A-spec pacakge for the 06 TSX is nothing like that. This all just looks like rice anyways, I would never put anything like that on my car.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:44 PM   #7
ae86_16v
Regular User

Originally Posted by T-Bird
Wait why is the RSX being cancelled?

As far as teh A Spec packages go, a bit too much for me. Thanks but no thanks.

I think both cars look find with just the Sport kit.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 06:57 AM   #8
taygunho
Regular User

IMO RSX looks ok but TSX is not.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:27 AM   #9
saadie
Regular User

TSX looks like an accord wiyth a new bodykit ... :roll:

Old 03-23-2006, 07:41 AM   #10
Zot09
Regular User

Originally Posted by Saadie
TSX looks like an accord wiyth a new bodykit ... :roll:

That's because the TSX is an Accord. It's the Euro R.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:45 AM   #11
saadie
Regular User

wth ... then whast rsx supposed to be .... a civic .. ...
this is confusing .. :roll:
Old 03-23-2006, 08:26 AM   #12
Zot09
Regular User

Originally Posted by Saadie
wth ... then whast rsx supposed to be .... a civic .. ...
this is confusing .. :roll:
lol the RSX in Japan is called the Integra. The current generation civic actually has an Acura brother in Canada called the CSX. hahaha
Old 03-23-2006, 01:30 PM   #13
Global Warming
Regular User

I own an RSX and I think the A-specs are just a waist of money. They have been around for years. And all you get is a bunch of rice for thousands more on the price. You are much better off spending that money that the A-spec cost and buying your own mods. I don’t know what kind of people would ever pay for this. Maybe that why the only A-specs I have ever seen anywhere have been on the dealer's showroom floors! :roll:

Buying an a-spec is like buying a computer from Dell that already has a window case. cclights, and fans and stuff. Why would you do that? People that want moded PCs want to build and mod it themselves and choose their own parts. Just like people that mod cars want to do the same. Who wants a pre-moded car from Honda?? I think it’s the kind of thing a rich dad would buy his daughter for her birthday and nothing else lol!
Old 03-23-2006, 01:59 PM   #14
T-Bird
Regular User

You would be suprised to know how many A-spec TL's we sell (Quite a few) And alot of people just get the A-spec wheels since they are usually a much nicer option than the standard ones.

I have no idea why they want to cancel the RSX line but from what we were told it is to move in a more mature direction for the company. There are rumors though of a TSX coupe so that may be replacing the RSX...

The factory TSX is just like an Accord but uses different lights and bumpers, the lights are the same shape but internaly are different, there is a kid that gets his car serviced that has switched his car to an accord and people that see it at the dealership always ask is that really an accord and we have to explain to them that it is a European car.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 02:57 PM   #15
Global Warming
Regular User

Yes and I should have explained to the people that don’t know about the A-spec. There are no performance enhancing mods included in the A-spec package. Its all just bling crap. I think it may include nicer seats which is the only thing I can ever imaging wanting in that package. As for people wanting A-spec wheels on the TL, yeah I guess I can see that for people that are not into cars. But again 9.9 out of 10 people that are into cars are going to spend the outrageous price Acura charges for those and get some very nice after market wheels. Who wants Acura made wheels anyway?

And yes I used to have a link to the press release from Acura USA explaining why they are dropping the RSX. It is because they want to take the line “upscale”. The new Civic-Si/Typre-R is the replacement for the RSX. This is fine by me because I think it was stupid to ever have the Integra in the Acura line in the first place. It should have been under the Honda badge. And it was also stupid to change the name to RSX, Integra is much better. Anyway I’m getting ready to sell my RSX, I’ve done the FWD thing and am tired of it. I have no interest in any FWD cars anymore. I don’t understand why Honda is not putting there “SH-AWD” in more cars. If they would put in on the TSX and/or TL i might have an interest in those cars again.

P.S. American TSX = Euro Accord
American Accord = Japanese Inspire
American TL = ???

Honda makes too many FWD/4 doors!!!!

American RL = a way too heavy and over priced waist of technology