Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 03-13-2006, 03:00 PM   #1
Shinigami
Regular User

Default California Police Training video

Probably posted before, but a search didn't bring it up...

The extend that some states in the USA are going in order to crack down on "modified" cars. Although most "rice" is not really my thing, the US is/was one of those countries where you could go WILD on a car, crank up the power and looks with little or no repercussions. In Europe for example, you pretty much are not allowed to do the same kinda things, unless you go through a lengthy and expensive process to legalise the dru... err, car

Will this kinda stuff spread elsewhere? Will it become too difficult to pump out monsters in the states ? I hope not
Old 03-13-2006, 03:09 PM   #2
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Default Re: California Police Training video

Originally Posted by Shinigami
Probably posted before, but a search didn't bring it up...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NCyMkB0uMeg

The extend that some states in the USA are going in order to crack down on "modified" cars. Although most "rice" is not really my thing, the US is/was one of those countries where you could go WILD on a car, crank up the power and looks with little or no repercussions. In Europe for example, you pretty much are not allowed to do the same kinda things, unless you go through a lengthy and expensive process to legalise the dru... err, car

Will this kinda stuff spread elsewhere? Will it become too difficult to pump out monsters in the states ? I hope not
California is st doing that because 9 out of 10 ricers do their suspensions wrong and are putting everyone on the road in danger because of it. That and their nazi-ist emissions laws reguire all intake systems, tubos/superchargers and exhaust systems to pass C.A.R.B. requirements and the stickers must be on display under the hood, which most of them are not. Now a car over 30 years old, you can do anything you want to the powertrain since california has a 30 rolling exemption on the emissions laws, even though every other year they try to repeal it, it alys gets struck down.

Now suspension work has alway been illegal regardless of how it is done or who it is done by.

all this is yet another reason i refuse to live in that shithole state.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 03:12 PM   #3
Shinigami
Regular User

Yeah, I hear a lot of crap about the "people's republic of kalifornia"

Sucks for them :T
Old 03-13-2006, 03:30 PM   #4
ARMAN
Regular User

lol outside intake filter is illigal?

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 03:50 PM   #5
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by ARMAN
lol outside intake filter is illigal?
unless accomponied by CARB certificate, yes

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 03:53 PM   #6
Zot09
Regular User

LOL! How gay! "Many of the cars have decals and graphics that basically advertise the fact that this car is modified for one purpose: racing...as I reach the drivers door I'm looking for the large tachometer which will usually be accompanied by a shift light. I check for computer or guages for the air/fuel mixture. I also look for the presence of nitrous oxide." It sounds like something from The Fast and the Furious! lol But truthfully, the modification laws can be a bit strict, but just as long as you don't have some fart can that you can hear a mile away, or a spoiler the size of Shaq you should be fine. My friend's IS300 is lowered to the ground(with about two inches of clearance), and has a semi-loud HKS exhaust, but he hasn't had any troubles because the car doesn't stand out as RICE. There are simple precautions that people can take here in California to lower the chances of getting into any form of trouble just by being conservative in modifications. Anyways, wish me luck, i'm planning on purchasing Tein coilovers, an Injen intake and GReddy exhaust for my car soon.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:13 PM   #7
graywolf624
Regular User

California is st doing that because 9 out of 10 ricers do their suspensions wrong and are putting everyone on the road in danger because of it.
They also claimed it had something to do with the street racing groups being tied to violent gangs.. profiling at its finest..

Oh well.. theres a reason despite its fantastic weather I dont live there.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:48 AM   #8
Toronto
Regular User

you right guys street racing hasn't caused the death of any innocent life
stupid police :roll:
Old 03-14-2006, 07:43 PM   #9
graywolf624
Regular User

^I think you need to read the thing Toronto. They arent going after street racers, they are going after any modified car. A street racer of course needs to go to jail, but whats the difference between him and someone with a supercharger on their street car? How about ricers, they might be annoying but they arent exactly killers.

Not to mention their anti noise pollution law is worse then europe. Why? Theres no training or standard, its up to the officers discretion if your exhaust is too loud. Theres just something majorly wrong with that.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:18 PM   #10
e46drew
Regular User

Originally Posted by Toronto
you right guys street racing hasn't caused the death of any innocent life
stupid police :roll:
they were guilty,

guilty of being gay ricers :wanker:
www.facebook.com/AndyIrelandAgency
e46drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 11:36 PM   #11
spanky
Regular User

Australia is strict with car modifications. The only way around these is with a Engineers Certificate. He checks to see the cars modifications you've done are up to scratch.... This is usually quite costly and you pay whether he passes the car or fails it....

Things like:
You can only go 2 inches wider in rim size over factory...
Car exhausts must not be louder than 90dB..
Cant be lower than 100mm off the ground..

The first 3 I can think of that come too mind. If you get caught with these by cops with no engineers certificate you get fined. You then have to get the car back too a passable level of whichever rule you dont comply with, within a few weeks or its unroadworthy and you cant drive it.... :roll:

The joys of modified cars these days...
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote