Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Old 12-02-2007, 06:02 PM   #1
fordgt84
Regular User

Default BM & Inside Line reviews of 08 Impreza STI

Inside Line Review

Best Motoring Review at Fuji speedway

the jdm version has a twin scroll turbo and a different exhaust setup to Euro and US spec cars hence the loss of that flat four growl from the jdm car.

nice sideways action from both links
fordgt84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 06:21 PM   #2
Daggernite
Regular User

No doubt its a very good car, probably the best STI yet. And Ive always had a soft spot for scoobies since I started my car fascination 10 years ago. This latest hatchback version just makes me think wtf. Although the STI version looks alright in my oppinion.
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 06:29 PM   #3
5vz-fe
Regular User

Wow, the handling of the car looks very impressive. Seems to be a big leap from the previous generation.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:46 PM   #4
CMonakar
Regular User

The title says STI, but the video is of an RX330. What gives?
CMonakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 08:22 PM   #5
5vz-fe
Regular User

^Your internet is screwed. It's STi to me
Old 12-04-2007, 07:20 PM   #6
gangajas
Regular User

Here's the new link for the BM vid:

And a translation of the vid I've found, Hattori san loved the car:

narrator: hattori naoki: professional racer
hattori: my impression of an STI - of course, a car that when touched will always fly.. and also have a fairly balanced power... But at the same time when you want it to turn, it turns. That's my impression of an STI.

narrator: A fender that juts out wildly, the sign of the WRX. The spirit of evolution is alive and well. A vehicle that makes feel the top grade Subaru quality. Not only an improvement in texture quality, a passion for speed is packed into all the parts the driver touches. On top of the retuned prochoice 2.0 L engine, how has the STI's drive evolved?

hattori: First, as I sit, I noticed my hip level has lowered to my absolute favorite position. Let's start this thing up!

narrator: The seat position is good. With just that, the mood rises.

hattori: Ah, the response is much better... Well, the road is "this road" so I guess that's something too.. Ah.. just now the stability control - VDC - just kicked in. .. Alright push once,.. sort of obscure condition, .. Oh, wow! it's completely different.. "pro drift!" *laughs*

narrator: after an overnight rain, the track is completely wet. The surface is cool as well, which means it's very easy to slip.

hattori: since it's about 20 kg heavier than the previous model, I kinda feel, I wonder how it is in that area..

narrator: in order to confirm the potential of the new STI, hattori steadily increases his pace.

hattori: Ah but, first the structure's performance.. the car's uh, how can I say.. on these high speed corners... the fourth connection (よんれんかん?).. The previous Impreza would, no matter what continue to "flip-flop" a bit.. But this later one has greatly improved - feels really good I felt. Comparing that, I got the feeling the structure is really performing better.... Just look, it's *incredibly* easy to handle!... Just, wow, I feel like the range of handling has greatly increased. Alright, this time we'll disengage the VDC and do a , what is this, full cut?

narrator: With the WRX's installed VSC (he means VDC) completely turned off, let's confirm the touch handling.

hattori: alright, my recommended electronic control settings *laughs*. Si-drive set to S#.. And then, ... *grunts* And VDC at... whoa, a full cut *laughs* Um, Yellow. (note: yellow = off, and also the picture shows "DCCD = AUTO") .. Woo, this is fun you guys!! This is great. ..

hattori: It just doesn't have the image of speed but, it still goes properly goes about 220km/hr and.. If I had to say which, .. For example in response to the previous model's engine, this version's body is a solid victory.. Take capacity, compared to the previous model this one is kind of a different level of body quality.. you can really feel the composition, and because of that the handling is amazingly easy.  Even at a lower position, it's surprisingly easy to ride.. and more than meets the eye - this car goes fast... It's turned in to that kind of car.

narrator: A machine that will respond even to a racing driver's delicate manipulation - it seems completed.
gangajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 08:43 PM   #7
5vz-fe
Regular User

Thanks for the translation gangajas. Really helps.

Any chance you also got the translation when doridori drift test the G37?
Old 12-05-2007, 04:24 PM   #8
redbaron
Regular User

Originally Posted by fordgt84 View Post
Finally a Blue Sti with golden rims. Nice vids, but I am still not sure about the looks of this car. The chrome trim around and next to the fog lights really annoyed me in these vids.
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote