Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 11:13 AM   #16
Jabba
Regular User

I just cant see anything that pays anywhere near the bucks he needs just to clear those debts...except boxing...and he is goona need at least 5-6 easy fights or a couple of hard ones...and I don't think theres much chance of that now...

Thats the trouble when your used to earning that sort of money and having that sort of lifestyle that easily (in the beginning anyway) nothing else is gonna motivate you...

Maybe wrestling is an option....its kinda fixed anyway and pays fairly good money...

I also had an idea...how about his children ??? I understand that his oldest son is now 14 and wasn't Mike Tyson the youngest heavy weight champ at 18 or something ???

Does anyone know if his children might take up boxing...if so I am sure they could help get their dad out of trouble and in return I am sure he has a lot of experience he could pass onto them....
Old 06-14-2005, 11:16 AM   #17
Anonymous

Originally Posted by Jabba
Sadly he was only fighting for the money....just imagine having given away over 100 cars to his "friends" in his lifetime that he is now having to fight just to pay his "bills" and try and clear his $30 + million debts.....

In fact you could argue that he was better off before he started boxing...as he had nothing but also owed nothing...now he has virtually nothing and also owes $30 million
I heard he was going to go into some no holds barred fighting championship thing, in Japan i think??? From what i saw of that fight on Sky he's pronbably going to kill himself before he pays that lot off

BTW i thought when you declared yourself personally bankrupt your debts were more or less wiped?? Certainly here people were doing it to get off paying thier student loan (a loophole now closed i believe! ) I thought Tyson had already done that?

Old 06-14-2005, 11:28 AM   #18
Toronto
Regular User

pro wrestling (isn't that funny in it's self PRO wrestling) would be a good idea for him.
lots of money, well not 30mill, but is decent if he does it for a couple of years,
yet i don't think the wwe would want he, he is to crazy, he might snap out there and beat the shit out of the other guy :roll:
Old 06-14-2005, 11:34 AM   #19
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by Toronto
pro wrestling (isn't that funny in it's self PRO wrestling) would be a good idea for him.
lots of money, well not 30mill, but is decent if he does it for a couple of years,
yet i don't think the wwe would want he, he is to crazy, he might snap out there and beat the shit out of the other guy :roll:
I think he did appear on the WWF a few years back during his boxing ban for the ear biting episode...and I think he got something like US $2 million for guest refereeing a bout..something along the lines of "team X" whatever or whoever the fuck they were....
Old 06-14-2005, 12:34 PM   #20
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by AL123
Sadly he was only fighting for the money....just imagine having given away over 100 cars to his "friends" in his lifetime that he is now having to fight just to pay his "bills" and try and clear his $30 + million debts.....

In fact you could argue that he was better off before he started boxing...as he had nothing but also owed nothing...now he has virtually nothing and also owes $30 million
I heard he was going to go into some no holds barred fighting championship thing, in Japan i think??? From what i saw of that fight on Sky he's pronbably going to kill himself before he pays that lot off

BTW i thought when you declared yourself personally bankrupt your debts were more or less wiped?? Certainly here people were doing it to get off paying thier student loan (a loophole now closed i believe! ) I thought Tyson had already done that?
I am no expert on US bankruptcy law but I think it wasn't an absolutely 100 % bankruptcy...more like what we would call an IVA in the UK (Individual Voluntary Arrangement) as Tyson would have had more or less everything taken away from him including the shirt on his back of it was a true bankruptcy.

As I understand it..a deal was made where he would be allowed to keep sum of the money from future earnings and a few modest assets (a small ranch in Arizona) in exchange for trying to pay back some of his debts (especially the tax he owes to the IRS) also from future earnings...

Kinda like instead of everyone ending up with nothing everyone gets a little of something...although I don't know how this will work now if Tyson doesnt have any substantial future income ahead of him.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:14 PM   #21
Anonymous

Originally Posted by AL123

I am no expert on US bankruptcy law but I think it wasn't an absolutely 100 % bankruptcy...more like what we would call an IVA in the UK (Individual Voluntary Arrangement) as Tyson would have had more or less everything taken away from him including the shirt on his back of it was a true bankruptcy.

As I understand it..a deal was made where he would be allowed to keep sum of the money from future earnings and a few modest assets (a small ranch in Arizona) in exchange for trying to pay back some of his debts (especially the tax he owes to the IRS) also from future earnings...

Kinda like instead of everyone ending up with nothing everyone gets a little of something...although I don't know how this will work now if Tyson doesnt have any substantial future income ahead of him.
Yeh sounds likely, he assumed he'd earn enough but unless he finds something else he'll just loose everything I would assume. BTW this article talks about what he was thinking of doing after the williams fight, that japenese championship thing. Also didn't know about jesse owen's later career! http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/4085744.stm

Old 06-14-2005, 02:18 PM   #22
blinkmeat
Regular User

So what actually happened during the fight??
Old 06-14-2005, 06:15 PM   #23
Korny_kid71
Regular User

I am unlocking this providing NO MORE TORRENT links are posted as pointed out by Dan.
my bad man didnt know that torrents were not allowed ops: last time i read the rules wus a while ago, didnt know they changed. but yeah i think that tyson is a dirty fighter. In his prime he would of broke mcbride in half. Hes a whacko though, did you see him try to break mcbrides arm? and then right after he head butted him and split his left brow open... what a messed up guy.
Old 06-14-2005, 06:36 PM   #24
abbor
Regular User

Originally Posted by Korny_kid71
I am unlocking this providing NO MORE TORRENT links are posted as pointed out by Dan.
my bad man didnt know that torrents were not allowed ops: last time i read the rules wus a while ago, didnt know they changed. but yeah i think that tyson is a dirty fighter. In his prime he would of broke mcbride in half. Hes a whacko though, did you see him try to break mcbrides arm? and then right after he head butted him and split his left brow open... what a messed up guy.
The No torrents-rule is one of the oldest, was here before I came...
Old 06-14-2005, 06:50 PM   #25
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by blinkmeat
So what actually happened during the fight??
I heard on the radio there were a few instances of head butting, attmpted low blows and i think more biting as well.

as someone on espn radio said after the ear biting incident, "Tyson is just a bully and when a bully realizes he can't win he starts fighting cheap and dirty just so that he can't actually lose."

frankly i agree. He figures if he can't win, he's going to get DQ'd so that he doesnt' get KO'd

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
Old 06-14-2005, 06:50 PM   #26
Korny_kid71
Regular User

Originally Posted by abbor

well ive been here for a lil while longer than you and i don rememebr ever reading that rule. Mayb i just skipped it? meh now i know lol

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
I heard on the radio there were a few instances of head butting, attmpted low blows and i think more biting as well.
Ouhhh yeah i totaly forgot about the low blow, that wus dirty and a half. I didnt see any attempts at biting mcbride though?
Old 06-14-2005, 07:06 PM   #27
abbor
Regular User

Originally Posted by Korny_kid71
Originally Posted by abbor

well ive been here for a lil while longer than you and i don rememebr ever reading that rule. Mayb i just skipped it? meh now i know lol
Yeah, I know you've been here longer than me, just... yeye, whatever..
Old 06-14-2005, 07:11 PM   #28
ZfrkS62
Regular User

I didnt see any attempts at biting mcbride though?
i was half ass listening to the radio. Right after they said that there was something about a midget so the biting part may have been a joke :bah:

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
Old 06-14-2005, 07:21 PM   #29
Jabba
Regular User

VIDEO POSTED :

http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27680
Old 06-14-2005, 07:35 PM   #30
Korny_kid71
Regular User

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
i was half ass listening to the radio. Right after they said that there was something about a midget so the biting part may have been a joke :bah:
ahaha well i could be wrong too, i meen i could of missed something but yeah i suggest all u guys download it its sickk. Kind of a bad msg to Tyson though cuz (in my opinion) mcbride looked like he had no clue what in the world he was doing. Its hard to explain, but thats what it looked like to me.