Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 08-02-2010, 08:22 PM   #1
Chaos in 1983!
Regular User

Default Got a new toy...

Well I got a Honda TRX-450R about a month ago, man this thing rocks! I just wanted to share with you guys a ride some of my friends and I did a few weekends ago. Sorry for the big pics!

We took the bikes down to a town called Leon, about 60 miles from Managua, it's a colonial town and was one of the first Spanish settlements when Nicargua was discovered. Hera are a couple of pics I took on the way.

This is the Momotombo Volcano, I've always wanted to climb it, they say it's a real challenge and it's an overnight trip. But the view from the top is awesome. This volcano sits right besides a lake. It also has some wonderful trails.

So on Saturday we went to this trail to a place called "El Chague", this was one hell of a trail, really hard, just rocks and mud going uphill, my tires aren't exactly great at the moment, so I had a really hard time going up. On the way I got distracted for just a second, and bam!, I hit this huge ass rock on the way, my rim was completely bent, the tire lost all it's air and I had to go back.
This was the result.

Got if fixed the next morning, and headed out to Cerro Negro Volcano or Black Hill Volcano in English. This is the smallest Volcano in Nicaragua, but it is also the most active, I've seen it erupt 4 times in my life, last time in 2002. It as been calm for a good while and you can easily climb it, it has become sort of a Tourist attraction since you can sand board down it's slope. It also has some wicked dunes for riding, but you don't want to fall of your bike here, the sand is actually small volcanic rock. You completely loose the perception of size in this place.

This is me...

View of the other volcanoes in the range...

The Crater at the top.

I tried to get all the way to the top of the volcano, but with my crappy tires there was no way, I almost made it...IŽll give it another shot once I get the new ones.

"You stick to building tractors and I will stick to building sports cars" -Enzo Ferrari to Ferruccio Lamborghini...
Chaos in 1983! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:44 AM   #2
enzoferrari
Regular User

Wow that looks like a lot of fun, Ill love to do that myself.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:26 PM   #3
marcefer
Regular User

Nice toy!
Climbing those black sand slopes should be fantastic.
Good for you
marcefer is offline   Reply With Quote