Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 10:35 PM   #1
bmagni
Regular User

Default Alonso, your opinion...

So theres been a lot of talk bout Alonso in every topic of every single race, so why not open a topic dedicated to the man himself...

I'll post facts, and personal opinions, not stupid fanboy critics.

Q&A's

Is he good ?

Yes

How did he win last years championship ?

By being the most consistent driver, having one of the best cars and the most reliable.

Race by race:

Australia - 3rd place behind Barrichellos inferior Ferrari, Kimi 8th, had a problem with something stuck in the car or something like that, Schumacher retired.

Malaysia - Pole and 1st place, Kimi had a punctured tyre and finishes 9th

Bahrain - Pole and 1st place, Schumacher in an inferior car pushed him hard but retired cause of hydraulic failure, Kimi 3rd starting 9th.

San Marino - 1st place, Kimi had pole and a good advantage over him but retired, Schumacher started 13th and finished 2nd putting a lot of pressure under Alonso but couldn't overtake him.

Spain - 2nd place, Kimi pole and 1st place, Schumacher retired cause of a puncture. Ralf was over Alonso fighting for second place

Monaco - 4th place starting from 2nd, Kimi pole and 1st place, Shumacher 7th place and started 8th. Both of them had a 1 stop strategy and the 2nd and 3rd places had 2 stop strategy, somewhere in the middle Alonso started to loose big times per lap.

Nurburgring - started 6th and finished 1st, Kimi was in 1st with a great lead but started to have traction problems and went off track twice and finished 11th.

Canada - retired due to suspension problem, Kimi started 7th and won the race, Schumacher 2nd.

USA - no comments

France - pole and win. Kimi started 13th and finished 2nd. Schumacher 3rd.

Silverstone - 2nd starting from the pole. Montoya wins, Kimi 3rd starting 12th.

Germany - 1st place. Kimi had pole position but retired and was ahead of Alonso with a good lead.

Hungaroring - 11th he made a mistake and damaged his front wing, Kimi wins starting 4th and Schumacher is second with pole.

Turkey - 2nd, Kimi pole and win, Schumacher retired.

Italy - 2nd starting 2nd, Kimi 4th starting 11th.

Spa - 2nd, Kimi wins.

Brazil - 3rd starting from pole, Kimi 2nd, Montoya wins, the McLarens did an outstanding race, and Alonso being sooo good couldn't do anything.

Japan - 3rd and wins the Championship, started 16, couldn't get past Schumacher (who had an inferior car) for some laps and Kimi wins starting 17th.

Why is he on top this year ?

So far because of same thing as last year, being the most consitent driver and having the most reliable car.

Race by race

Bahrain - 1st starting 2nd, Schumacher 2nd starting from pole. Still Ferrari didn't have the right car, Kimi from last to 3rd.

Malaysia - 2nd starting from 7th, Kimi retired in the first lap, Ferrari changed engine on Schumachers car and were penalised with 10 places, making him start in 14th and finished 6th.

Australia - 1st starting 2nd, Kimi 2nd starting 3rd. Schumacher retired but didn't have a good car and made a bad choice of tyres.

San Marino - 2nd. Schumacher took a great lead until the problems started, he couldn't overtake him, the team took a bad decision for the pit stops and he almost loses it trying to overtake Schumacher. Kimi 5th.

Nurburgring - 2nd. A very close race with very similar cars performance wise. Who came victorious ? Schumacher.

Spain - 1st. Schumacher 2nd. Again Ferrari didn't have a fast enough car.

Monaco - 1st. Kimi was pushing him really hard but his car broke, he could have won easily. Besides that Schumacher had the pole but was penalised and started last from the pits, still he managed to finish 5th, at Monaco...

Britain - Same as Spain.

Why do I don't like him ?

Cause he is a prick. He contradicts himself with such things as not believing in luck and then saying he had bad luck. He said he could take on Valentino Rossi, and when Valentino challenged him, he chickened out. Cause he thinks hes the best pilot out there and that he took the Championship from Schumacher, both of which aren't really true.
Cause he thinks he won by being the best, when we all know he won cause of being consistent.

Whats the only thing I like about him ?

His face when he gets owned by Schumacher.

Am I mad because Shumacher doesn't win ?

No. I just don't like Alonso, hes gotta have one of the worst personalities ever. I don't care if Schumacher doesn't win, in fact I'm not a Schumacher fan, I'm a Ferrari fan. I don't care if anyone else wins (as long as its not Alonso) and I don't despise what others drivers do.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:10 AM   #2
SFDMALEX
Regular User

He's good.

But the fanboys blow him up to be the next Messiah, the next coming of Jesus Christ, the next Micheal Schumaher Senna clone.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:14 AM   #3
ZfrkS62
Regular User

HORSESHIT!

2005 was the luckiest year that little shit ever had. Hands down! Ferrari had nothing, no argument there. And Kimi's reliability issues baisically handed Alonso the championship on a silver fucking platter. Flavio's arrogance has rubbed off on him and god dammit if it's not apparent to you then you aren't watching F1.

This year he's actually having to fight for it. I do have to admit he has shown alot more brilliance in the last 3 races compared to all of last year. But i still don't think he's champion material.

He's not a bad driver, don't get me wrong. But the little fuck sure as hell isn't the best either :fist:

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
Old 06-20-2006, 01:54 AM   #4
LotusGT1
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
He's good.

But the fanboys blow him up to be the next Messiah, the next coming of Jesus Christ, the next Micheal Schumaher Senna clone.
LOL, I've seen NOBODY doing that around here.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:59 AM   #5
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by LotusGT1
He's good.

cough* bullshit*cough
Old 06-20-2006, 12:10 PM   #6
LotusGT1
Regular User

Nope. I only have seen some Schumacher fans act like a bunch of babies.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:22 PM   #7
Regular User

I really do think he is a very good driver. Compare him to Fisi, he is always a lot faster. He just makes the races boring...

I am looking forward to see him perform for mclaren next year, see if he is the best again...
Old 06-20-2006, 12:28 PM   #8
bmagni
Regular User

He's good.

Nope. I only have seen some Schumacher fans act like a bunch of babies.
I'll post this two:

Originally Posted by bultaco_metralla
last year the best car was finally the McLaren, This year the fastest is the ferrari, the renault R26 is a complete car.... I owuld like to see other pilots with the r26... then youll see is not only that alonso has the best car.... if you get an almost perfect car and one of the number 1 pilots youll get what alonso is doing... so please stop swearing at him because he making his job, win!!! if Schumi or Raikonnen or Fisichella or montoya dont win... just fuck them!!! what a bout those years of Schumi empire.... im sure you didnt swear at him you loosers lol!!!!
Originally Posted by bultaco_metralla
last year schumi got owned all the year, so if he own 2 races i dont care... there are more races and he will eat alonsos dick
Old 06-20-2006, 04:06 PM   #9
LotusGT1
Regular User

Wow, one enthousiast rooting for Alonso doesn't equal some worshipping you make it out to be. Get over it, Ferrari doesn't have its act together.

BTW, can't blame it on Bridgestone alone, as they have been developing those tires almost solely and together with Ferrari. That helped both few years back....

LOL, I don't even like Alonso, but some of you really act like a bunch of kids which toy just got stolen.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:30 PM   #10
sameerrao
Regular User

I like having this topic because some of you childish posters can get over your Alonso hate and exhaust it here and keep the regular F1 race topics clean.

Alonso is a great driver. He is not a legend like Schumacher like the Spanish press make him out to be. But given the drivers that we have today it is obvious that there are three drivers in top rung today- Schumacher, Raikkonen and Alonso.

Schumacher has proved his abilities numerous times. Alonso has done so in 2005 and 2006. Raikonnen has done so in 2003 and 2005. Sadly events have conspired to deny him an overall win but he will get one soon rest assured.

Nor is Alonso merely lucky and talentless as some of you seem to think. He has shown great pace, a thinking mind and talent to spare over the last two years. Next year will be an acid test to see how he deals with a struggling car.

In the meantime it would be good if most of you guys focused more on what these drivers doing on the track and less on press comments and shit.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
Old 06-20-2006, 05:11 PM   #11
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by sameerrao
I like having this topic because some of you childish posters can get over your Alonso hate and exhaust it here and keep the regular F1 race topics clean.

Alonso is a great driver. He is not a legend like Schumacher like the Spanish press make him out to be. But given the drivers that we have today it is obvious that there are three drivers in top rung today- Schumacher, Raikkonen and Alonso.

Schumacher has proved his abilities numerous times. Alonso has done so in 2005 and 2006. Raikonnen has done so in 2003 and 2005. Sadly events have conspired to deny him an overall win but he will get one soon rest assured.

Nor is Alonso merely lucky and talentless as some of you seem to think. He has shown great pace, a thinking mind and talent to spare over the last two years. Next year will be an acid test to see how he deals with a struggling car.

In the meantime it would be good if most of you guys focused more on what these drivers doing on the track and less on press comments and shit.

Good post.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:19 PM   #12
LotusGT1
Regular User

Indeed.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:50 PM   #13
DeMoN
Regular User

I dont mind alonso. I mean he sounds dumb when he talks, but he can drive. Maybe not the best but well, he is doing well. I dont like Renault and I wish McLaren won more.

Hope Alonso's personality gets better when and if he goes to McLaren as I would be defending him then lol.

BTW, nice race-by-race detail you got there, where did you get that summary? (Or you remember the whole year?).
Old 11-07-2008, 03:41 AM   #14
sabre78
Regular User

Never really been a big fan of this guy, as I always knew that as soon as he got a team mate who was as fast as him he'd start moaning. After all the bitching he did about team favoritism towards Hamilton last season he eventually admitted that he'd made it all up because he was finding it hard to keep up with the rookie Hamilton. Pretty pathetic really when you consider this guy was the two time world champion and the so called next big thing in F1 (until Lewis kicked his ass), his example was pathetic. I'm glad that he's where he's at, maybe next time he wont be a cry baby.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:13 PM   #15
silentm
Regular User

what an epic gravedig -_-
"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."

The Top Gear Wikiquote
Closed Thread