Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Music And Noise

Music And Noise This is where to discuss you favourite Artists, Bands and own Music

Old 05-10-2005, 01:06 AM   #16
Aleighy
Regular User

used to play the flute, but i had a shitty time reading sheet music for it, so i gave it up. i play piano by ear, but no sheet music there either. my best is by far the viola, been playin since like age 9, private lessons and all, and because of my history there, i can play most stringed instruments, but the violin is probably the second easiest. I had my stint with the drums, bass, and guitar, and i think the only one im likely to continue is the guitar. there were also some off-beat ones, tuba (tried it, hated it, gave it up), and slide guitar (just not fun).

>BONK<
Aleighy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 01:20 AM   #17
ZfrkS62
Regular User

and slide guitar (just not fun).
a country girl that doesnt' like the slide guitar?! :shock: are you toying with us?

@ALEX- did you mention before you were left handed? i can't remember

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 01:26 AM   #18
Aleighy
Regular User

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
and slide guitar (just not fun).
a country girl that doesnt' like the slide guitar?! :shock: are you toying with us?
nope, totally serious, i had to look back and fourth so much, and that holdin it like that kinda hunched over is hard on the back, but i can see where you might think that, zfrks. i like the slide guitar in my music, i just dont like to play it myself

>BONK<
Aleighy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 02:32 AM   #19
pzgren
Regular User

i played trumpet for many years and since a few years i play classic guitar. but i never had any lessons, just learned it by myself. but in the past i didnt' had a lot of time to practice...
Old 05-10-2005, 02:52 AM   #20
Refefer
Regular User

I will join the ranks of the guitar players here. I'll post a pic later, when I return home for the summer (semester is finally over) but I play an Alvarez and a Seagull M6 Spruce guitar. Not to expensive, but beautiful sound and I love how incredible it looks. I gotta give it to the canadians: they know how to make them on the same league as Martin or Taylor.

Oh right, and i've been playing now for 5 years.
Old 05-10-2005, 02:53 AM   #21
cho_888
Regular User

i play guitar, and lots of it. I play pretty much every sort of music
Old 05-10-2005, 03:24 AM   #22
saadie
Regular User

i play computer ...
sounds fimmiliar huh ...

well .. one of my dad's frd is in a local band .. he kinda taught me how to play guitar ..... but what i really want to get onto is drums .... but they are just too expensive. ... :roll:
Old 05-10-2005, 06:49 AM   #23
jamberl
Regular User

I play guitar and bass.... and recently ive started learning piano.
I used to be in a band but it broke up, so now im in a casual songwriting project with a couple of mates.

Bass: musicman stingray

Guitar: fender jaguar (i got this pic off the net, my jag hasnt arrived yet, and my old guitar isnt really worth posting a pic about!)

Old 05-10-2005, 08:14 AM   #24
Mers
Regular User

Originally Posted by jamberl
I used to be in a band but it broke up, so now im in a casual songwriting project with a couple of mates.

Guitar: fender jaguar (i got this pic off the net, my jag hasnt arrived yet, and my old guitar isnt really worth posting a pic about!)

Cool instruments...i love the jazzmaster/jaguars and the musicman is breathtaking...but gibson always had it for me...Guitar:Sg, bass EB-0 or especially EB-3
Old 05-10-2005, 08:18 PM   #25
SFDMALEX
Regular User

[quote="ZfrkS62"]

@ALEX- did you mention before you were left handed? i can't remember
Yeah Im a lefty man.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 07:19 AM   #26
jamberl
Regular User

[quote="Mers"]
Originally Posted by jamberl

Cool instruments...i love the jazzmaster/jaguars and the musicman is breathtaking...but gibson always had it for me...Guitar:Sg, bass EB-0 or especially EB-3

yeah gibsons are cool, ive never tried an SG, but im sure they're great
Old 05-11-2005, 09:12 PM   #27
SPAD
Regular User

i play guitar.ive been playing for about a bit over 4 years i think.i love it.i play alot of blues style stuff and alternative.i dont play much of other peoples stuff i just make stuff up while i play or play some things that i remeber from other times.I also play a bit of piano and drums or watever i can get my hands on.Also im in a band with nubrun
Old 05-11-2005, 10:11 PM   #28
alex_jean22
Regular User

Me I play barythone saxophone at school in harmony, but I'm not very good and I have approximatly one class of harmony per week.

Since I listen music like Iron Maiden and Metallica, I want so much to play guitar. I will probably buy an acoustic one to get familiarized with it and after i'll see for an electric one.
alex_jean22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 11:05 PM   #29
SPAD
Regular User

^ ya thats a good idea.Ive been playing for a few years and i still dont have an electric,i just use my friends but acoustic is fine.also they build your finger muscles so when u go to electric its easy.
Old 05-11-2005, 11:26 PM   #30
evoWalo
Regular User

I used to play drums. Always wanted to learn bass/guitar/keyboards but was too lazy.