Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Music And Noise

Music And Noise This is where to discuss you favourite Artists, Bands and own Music

Old 12-29-2005, 02:18 PM   #16
antonioledesma
Regular User

that "dude" doesn't know how to play a real song.
One thing is real talent to know how to create a song, give continuity, etc and that shmuch that only.... plays like a child with a toy
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 09:35 PM   #17
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Dont get me wrong, I love Yngwie, Vai and Satriani but I just find them to be very repetative to listen for more then half an hour.

I just remember sitting at the Satriani gig and having my jaw on the floore for the first 15 min but then it just went away and sounded the same from that point on.
call it bias, but i can listen to Ynwie for quite some stretches, where Vai/Statriani/Petrucci i can only listen to that magic 25 minutes at a time... to me, yngwie doesnt really belong in the G3... hes on a totally different style then the others (sure they all have thier own style... but yngwie is much less melodic, and closer to pure heavy metal)
Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
the only respect I have for these guys is purely from a technical angle.

Me, well I like John Frusciante(RHCP probably the most undertated player alive today), Hendrix, David Gilmour(Floyd)....

To each his own I guess.
well.... i'll agree with hendrix, and gilmour also... it really depends on what kind of music the shredders make... some are eons better at actually writing music then others IMO..... but with any of them, it is respect for thier talent in playing rather then thier musical prowess.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:42 PM   #18
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Well out of them all I have much respect for Yngwie. I mean that guy knows the theory like I know......shit I dont know anything that well

I dont even think it's about the type of music you like. Good music is good music thats how I see it...I just wonder sometimes with guys like Satriani who know the axe better then anyone else but they still manage to get borring after the magic 25min.

I mean a guy like Frusciante. I have some of his live jams lying around...40min straight this guy plays and each one of them is good, cause he doesnt keep playing the same 3 chords every way possible but changes style and alternates all the time to keep the listener interested...

Eh...........

On a side note I went to buy strings today.....I asked for 11-49s the guy gives me 12-52s.......My god its hard to play these things..
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 10:51 PM   #19
graywolf624
Regular User

lol.. Prolly sounds nice and crisp though
Old 12-29-2005, 10:59 PM   #20
SFDMALEX
Regular User

/\/\/\Oh the is tone spectacular.....I just now gave it another go. It's actually not that bad, just have to lower the action a little, but I cant play much of Pink Floyd stuff anymore...I need two hands on the fret board to do the double bends now
Old 12-30-2005, 03:00 AM   #21
nthfinity
Regular User

alex.....

i never play with anything less then 8's and generally tune to Eb ..... when i first bought my original guitar, i was buying 11's since i didnt know one way vs. another... sure 12's and up offer much fatter tone... but since im not SRV, i know my 'lightning' needs some assistance from the strings, and 8's do sound great, and feel better... oh, and a Seamore duncann hotrail (dual single coil wired as one )also aids in such a crunch tone.

although my axes are all back in Kalamazoo...

sometime i'll record something, and post it.
Old 12-30-2005, 03:24 AM   #22
SFDMALEX
Regular User

/\/\/\I honestly cant use anything lower then 10s. With 10s I stuggle because I tend to "over bend"..Im blessed with strong finger They are of good use in other places aswel hehe.

I really enojy Daddario 11s. Great tone, weigh just about right.

But playing some more of those 12s tonight it's just to heavy I just cant play fast with these things, forget about any hendrix, I'm sticking to strumming chords with these strings hehe
Old 12-30-2005, 11:17 AM   #23
graywolf624
Regular User

I prefer 11s but I was forced to get 10s last time cause they were out. Im not really happy with the 10s cause its just too easy to buzz the shit without significantly increasing my action.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:34 AM   #24
360modena
Regular User

OMG 12's 11's you all are roughs . I played long time with 9's and have to play 10's (since I bought my Sheraton) and when i play fast bends, Strings slips from my fingers very often. Are you all tuned to Eb or D ??
I have to admit sound is much better than 9's...
360modena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 12:35 PM   #25
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624
I prefer 11s but I was forced to get 10s last time cause they were out. Im not really happy with the 10s cause its just too easy to buzz the shit without significantly increasing my action.
Oh yeah, with light gauge I really have to bump up the action acoustic style...

BTW I'm getting a hang of these 12s. They dont seem to be as bad right now. The tone is just great, plus I get almost zero buzz with the action quite low. Now that I lowered the action a bit they are not as hard to play at all
Old 12-31-2005, 12:38 PM   #26
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by 360modena
OMG 12's 11's you all are roughs . I played long time with 9's and have to play 10's (since I bought my Sheraton) and when i play fast bends, Strings slips from my fingers very often. Are you all tuned to Eb or D ??
I have to admit sound is much better than 9's...
Now imagine the sound with 12s. It's just so crisp and strong....ahhhhh

Oh and I am tuned to E, just standart tunning all around.