Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Music And Noise

Music And Noise This is where to discuss you favourite Artists, Bands and own Music

Old 08-22-2005, 06:26 PM   #16
bmagni
Regular User

/\/\ in 40 licks "don't stop" was a success. before 40 licks was no security, that had mostly new songs played in the bridges to babylon tour. from bridges to babylon (1997), "anybody seen my baby" and "saint of me" were really great hits, "anybody seen my baby" is in 40 licks, so are "you got me rockin" and "love is strong" from the previpus album "voodoo lounge" (1994) and both discs are considered to be among the best of them, its the quality of the discs, not the quantity... read the reviews...
and "a bigger bang" is coming soon, if you like rock n roll i suggest you to buy it, u can download 3 songs at itunes or listen 4 of them at rollingstones.com...
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 06:32 PM   #17
graywolf624
Regular User

What quantifies big success? Your the only person Ive ever met who still listens to them.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:35 PM   #18
graywolf624
Regular User

"Bridges to Babylon," "Voodoo Lounge" and "Steel Wheels" were not huge successes.

Bridges to Babylon," the Stones' last studio album, hangs around No. 36,000 on Amazon.com.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,163308,00.html

I wouldnt call that a success.. I'd call it at best an also ran.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:45 PM   #19
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624
What quantifies big success? Your the only person Ive ever met who still listens to them.
thats why they have the 1st and 2nd all time records of selling out their tour tickets in the least time, this being the licks tour (2002) and the a bigger bang tour(2005)... ohh and thats also maybe the reason metallica wanted to join them in their tour, or maybe the stones thought they could sell more if they invited metallica. yeah right

"Bridges to Babylon," "Voodoo Lounge" and "Steel Wheels" were not huge successes.

Bridges to Babylon," the Stones' last studio album, hangs around No. 36,000 on Amazon.com.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,163308,00.html

I wouldnt call that a success.. I'd call it at best an also ran.
i didnt say they were hits listened by everyone... but the critics about the discs are really good... you should listen to them.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:48 PM   #20
graywolf624
Regular User

Point a just brings me back to hasbeens resting on old laurels in a downward spiral.

Part b.. I couldnt care less what critics say, or even the buying public, but the last album of thiers I heard(the one from 97) I thought was a huge suck up to the britney spears crowd.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:07 PM   #21
bmagni
Regular User

Point a just brings me back to hasbeens resting on old laurels in a downward spiral.

Part b.. I couldnt care less what critics say, or even the buying public, but the last album of thiers I heard(the one from 97) I thought was a huge suck up to the britney spears crowd.

you dont care what crtics say and you care what amazon says... right
ohh and "bridges to babylon" is #3,839 in amazon
and their "best" album "sticky fingers" is #391
and their new album "a bigger bang" is #7 and it hasnt even been released
theyre a 40 yo band and they sell more than most of the new ones...
we all got different music tastes, but if you lare a die hard fanboy of "metal" or the super famous new hit fashionable "punk" then most likely you wont like the stones and think its a suck up for pop crowd.