Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 07-04-2005, 12:07 AM   #121
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by godspeed06
actually, i dont think they ever give gms on corvettes. even when you guys think they would be selling slow, they pretty much sell all of them... rc45 are you saying cts-vs are going for 36k used right now? thats incredible... then again, i just read in a magazine that the rear tires only last around 5000 miles haha.
C5 Z06's were going for upto $8,000+ off MSRP during their life cycle.

And yes CTS-V's are showing up in the mid $30K range now.

Just a little longer to wait it out... they will be dipping below $30K - especially when the next generation CTS-V and STS-V make their debuts.

RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 02:26 AM   #122
godspeed06
Regular User

is gms the same as the gm employee discount? i thought it was that is why i said that they dont give that on corvettes. if gms isnt the employee discount then i guess rc45 is right, i know that theyve sold for under msrp.
godspeed06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 05:45 PM   #123
graywolf624
Regular User

I dunno about the employee discount, but I can get the 4 percent supplier discount on the zo6 if I had the money.
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 05:55 PM   #124
coloradosilver
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by godspeed06
actually, i dont think they ever give gms on corvettes. even when you guys think they would be selling slow, they pretty much sell all of them... rc45 are you saying cts-vs are going for 36k used right now? thats incredible... then again, i just read in a magazine that the rear tires only last around 5000 miles haha.
C5 Z06's were going for upto $8,000+ off MSRP during their life cycle.

And yes CTS-V's are showing up in the mid $30K range now.

Just a little longer to wait it out... they will be dipping below $30K - especially when the next generation CTS-V and STS-V make their debuts.

Yeah, pretty much any American made "sports car" or "muscle car" or whatever class the CTS-V is pretty much the worst depreciation bracket in the world. The people that buy them new are getting it up the ass without the lube due to greedy mark-ups, and then two or three years later the dealers are selling the exact same car for thousands less than they were originally because that novelty effect no longer exists.

I can't wait till 2008 when I can get a nice used C6 Z06 for $25,000 less than the fool who paid full price (+ dealer mark up) for it a few years back.
coloradosilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 11:48 PM   #125
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by JoeHahn
http://www.autocarmagazine.co.uk/news_article.asp?na_id=216013

Are they saying the 600bhp S/C version lapped in 7:40 or the 'normal' Z06 lapped in 7:40?

If it was the supercharged one, I cant say Im very impressed.
its the 600 bhp one. not the stock one
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 11:59 PM   #126
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by bmagni
Originally Posted by JoeHahn
http://www.autocarmagazine.co.uk/news_article.asp?na_id=216013

Are they saying the 600bhp S/C version lapped in 7:40 or the 'normal' Z06 lapped in 7:40?

If it was the supercharged one, I cant say Im very impressed.
its the 600 bhp one. not the stock one
Bogus unverified BS Autocarcrap story
Old 07-08-2005, 12:00 AM   #127
SFDMALEX
Regular User

So WTF is all the fuss about? How fast did the stock thing go? If the 600bhp Version set a 7:40 then I guess the stock one will set what I predicred.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 12:08 AM   #128
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
So WTF is all the fuss about? How fast did the stock thing go? If the 600bhp Version set a 7:40 then I guess the stock one will set what I predicred.
Don't get all horny and wet about it just yet - it's some asshole journalist who has no idea what they are talking about, they see a blue car and jumped to all sorts of conclusions.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:14 AM   #129
bmagni
Regular User

Don't get all horny and wet about it just yet - it's some asshole journalist who has no idea what they are talking about, they see a blue car and jumped to all sorts of conclusions.
or it's a misinformed forum moderator who did that...
Old 07-08-2005, 12:16 AM   #130
RC45
Regular User

No - I got my info from a source on the ground
Old 07-08-2005, 12:20 AM   #131
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Don't get all horny and wet about it just yet
:roll: WTF? Get your shit straight, I have nothing against your precuious Vette, 7:47 7:45 is a good time
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 12:23 AM   #132
bmagni
Regular User

weird, its a journalist from a respected car mag, so i dont think he got a wrong info, maybe the guy from which u heard it was misinformed and didnt know about this super vette.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:28 AM   #133
RC45
Regular User

weird, its a journalist from a respected car mag, so i dont think he got a wrong info, maybe the guy from which u heard it was misinformed and didnt know about this super vette.
Everybody and their uncle knows about the Blue Devil - what this "speculating" journo didn't consider was that the C6 Z06 being at Nurburgring was no secret - and they were there to test the model abotu to be released.

Lets think about this logically - why would GM announce they are going to test the C6 Z06 at the 'Ring - then instead of taking the current launch model, they take some secret FUTURE car, as yet not even certain to be produced future car, do laps ONLY in that car - then a "spy journo" only sees this FUTURE car, "hears" about a time and somehow doesn't see the stock car run, the car that GM actually meant to take over there and run.

Exactly what would that achieve?
Old 07-08-2005, 12:35 AM   #134
bmagni
Regular User

Everybody and their uncle knows about the Blue Devil - what this "speculating" journo didn't consider was that the C6 Z06 being at Nurburgring was no secret - and they were there to test the model abotu to be released.

Lets think about this logically - why would GM announce they are going to test the C6 Z06 at the 'Ring - then instead of taking the current launch model, they take some secret FUTURE car, as yet not even certain to be produced future car, do laps ONLY in that car - then a "spy journo" only sees this FUTURE car, "hears" about a time and somehow doesn't see the stock car run, the car that GM actually meant to take over there and run.

Exactly what would that achieve?
nothing much really, but i dont think thats what happened.
The point here is that the journalist quotes bob lutz who says theyre gonna release this super vette that will, for a much more higher price, compete with top supercars, so i doubt he is wrong.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:03 AM   #135
RC45
Regular User

nothing much really, but i dont think thats what happened.
The point here is that the journalist quotes bob lutz who says theyre gonna release this super vette that will, for a much more higher price, compete with top supercars, so i doubt he is wrong.
We all know about the story he quoted - it is rather old news

The point is, you don't sell current models by showing off the next model before the current one is out.

The point is that it was no secret that the C6 Z06 was going to be tested at a pool day - the point was to test the CURRENT car about to be released.

How come these spy journos sat all day and didn't see the "regular C6 Z06"? They only see thsi Blue Devil?

Funny how the "regular" car was announced it was being tested - they only see one car - and jump to the conclusion it is the Blue Devil - just cause it is blue, and "sounds" super charged.

Again - doesn't gel.