Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 01-23-2004, 08:37 PM   #61
dylan99
Regular User

Originally Posted by gucom
ummm..... you do know the history of VW right? show me one place where i have been racist, how am i talking about a car make me racist??
YES i think most ppl know the history, and what u said wasnt strictly racist, but it was stupid childish generalisation, and BTW hardly any volkswagens were produced during the war. Personally i like the brand alot, its the only "stadard" car i might consider buying in case i dont have the money for a cool car(planning on a porsche 928 as my 1st)

about them owning parts of lambo, they own audi, and if im not mistaken they own lambo, but lambo is under Audi supervision or something

sad news if the rumour is true, i wanna c a McLaren F1 or CGT destroy that bratmobile

nah seriously its a shame, alot of money and engineering expertise went into that project, i hope they'll make it to production (and with the 1001bhp/250mph they promised)

I've got a brochure of the Veyron from the press site at Bugatti, they have confirmed the 406km/h topspeed and the 0-300km/h acceleration and that it will go from 0 to 100km/h in a mere 3s.
Old 01-23-2004, 11:00 PM   #62
veilsidebr

st-anger i agree with you. A car of this type doesn´t have to be cheap. It has to be the fastest, more reliability....i guess 205 mph is not enough, because we have many cars today that reach this fast. A car with 1001 horsepowers would be so nice, so i guess VW is going in the Wrong way.

So much more with the Phaeton history. I read on a braziliam magazine this week that VW will stop to produce this nice car. Why? It doesn´t sells what they thought it would sells. It´s a mistake. This is a really good car, it sells good because i see numbers on Road and Track magazines and in other magazines too. I guess VW is going in the wrong way with these 2 samples i sad.

Old 01-23-2004, 11:11 PM   #63
SamuraiGti
Regular User

The Phaeton was built to compete with the 7 series, S class and Audi A8. Alright that is a good looking car and have ta nice engine. But the name that is in the hood says it all. In the segment that they want to sell, names like BMW and Mercedes counts a lot.

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."
SamuraiGti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 12:02 AM   #64
dylan99
Regular User

Isn't nobody reading or what!!! They will not drop the speed, on the latest speedtest that they have done they went 237 miles per hour.
Old 01-24-2004, 12:04 AM   #65
SamuraiGti
Regular User

What's that speed in khp?!

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."
Old 01-24-2004, 12:06 AM   #66
mrzonda
Regular User

to get from mph to km/h, just multiply by 1.6. 237mph = 379km/h
mrzonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 12:12 AM   #67
SamuraiGti
Regular User

Thanks MrZonda. I didn't know =)

Old 01-24-2004, 01:15 AM   #68
Zonda11
Regular User

Brutal - The whole point of this car was to be outrageous. 252mph and 1001hp would qualify, but to detune the engine and reduce the top speed to 205mph is ruining the point of the car.

It got attention because of its outrageousness- lets face it - its no Ferrari!

Zonda11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2004, 03:05 AM   #69
scubywrxr
Regular User

this car is going to end up just like the XJ220 - a could have been but never was..
scubywrxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 11:09 PM   #70
dylan99
Regular User

the topspeed in km/h will be 406km/h the car is meant to be a Ferrari it is a Bugatti the concept of the car is totally different.
Old 01-26-2004, 02:39 AM   #71
McLarenF1God
Regular User

IN my opinion the Veyron was destined to fail from the start. Anyone that has driven a car can look at that, and say to themselves "That's all show, shame." I don't have anything against VW or Bugatti, but how much money is being BLOWN, literally on this project? And let's pretend for a second it did go into production...the other exoitcs would have their way with it on the track! Man, I really want another EB110...

As far the guy being racist, I think you were refering to the VW Thing, and it really isn't racist anyways. Is it possible to stereotype an inaniment object such as a car SFDMALEX?

I drew my avatar.
GamerTag: McLarenF1God
Still waiting...
McLarenF1God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2004, 01:33 PM   #72
dylan99
Regular User

Originally Posted by McLarenF1God
IN my opinion the Veyron was destined to fail from the start. Anyone that has driven a car can look at that, and say to themselves "That's all show, shame." I don't have anything against VW or Bugatti, but how much money is being BLOWN, literally on this project? And let's pretend for a second it did go into production...the other exoitcs would have their way with it on the track! Man, I really want another EB110...
Does it matter how much money Bugatti spends on the car? All the money is spend usefully. The only matter is if the car will be any good, personally I think the car won't be as good as the F1 or Enzo but I hope it will be as good. I'm going to tell this for the last time, the car will go into production but they haven't sold all 300 Veyron yet and if they don't it won't be a shame or failure - Mclaren only sold 62 cars I think - but it will be better for the owners of the Veyron (more exclusivity like the F1) and too bad for VW/Bugatti.
Old 01-29-2004, 12:05 PM   #73
veilsidebr

I have read about Veyron and the W16 quad turbo engine goes to the hell. It´s durability is few, and they are thinking in do a V12 biturbo engine with 1040 horses, more potent and lighter(the W16 with 4 turbos is just 690 Kg!!!)
so let´s wait
Old 01-29-2004, 02:11 PM   #74
dylan99
Regular User

690kg for an engine is a lot most carengines weigh about 200-300kg, right?