Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat > Car Gallery

Old 12-30-2003, 09:21 AM   #31
altedza
Regular User

Originally Posted by ghost rida
Here is the chance for everyone to own these one of a kind cars:

http://www.tfcusa.com/catalog/produc...roducts_id=253
great find, that is very cool. although ill never buy it :d
altedza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 05:54 PM   #32
corvette97
Regular User

shure the ferrari saloon is a great car, but I thinks it's STUPID, for a sportscar label, to make like a minivan or some shit, ferrari is all about sportscars and coupes and 2 seater cars,not to bring the hole fucking family, shure its ok and its pretty cool but ferrari has gone over the line with this one, and for shure that car doesn't fly like any other ferrari 0X
Old 12-30-2003, 08:57 PM   #33
corvette97
Regular User

the ferrari van is really cool, but ferrari made a mistake when hey built this car,
ferrari=sportscar
Old 12-30-2003, 11:33 PM   #34
hemi_fan
Regular User

If I had that kinda money, thats not what Id be spending it on. Half those Ferraris look absolutely terrible IMO, and that Bentley Dominator looks like it has cheap plastic hub caps (even if they're platinum rims). He must just buy for the rare factor so he can sell them for bucket loads later on down the road.

1990 Ford Mustang GT
Factory Rated: 225hp, 300lbs tq
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/hemi_fan
hemi_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 11:39 PM   #35
mrzonda
Regular User

I've heard a bunch of things about the Sultan. Somewhere I heard/read that he feuded with his brother over who could buy the biggest and best stuff and in the process wasted a tonne of his countries wealth and that many of his people live in poverty.

Now, on the car front, he has a few Dauer 962's plus all the stuff mentioned above. Many of the cars he has are different colours. I think this is so that he drive a car with a certain colour to match his emotional state of the day. What a guy...
mrzonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 11:45 PM   #36
unionamc
Regular User

where'd he get all those unique cars?
unionamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 10:00 AM   #37
tanelvali
Regular User

I red from somwhere last year that sultan has something between 3000 -5000 cars, including 4 saloon ferraris (there was autocar article of this car being auctioned off) - all of them were custom made and they cost like 10M dollars a piece.. What comes to financial crisis then yes, sulta's brother managed to waist nearly 10 BILLION $ USD within 2 years and therefore he was thrown out from the sultanate and some of the palaces he built were taken also away... or something like that..

What again comes to sultans cars collection - there is 5-6 F50s in diff colours, some F40's McLarens etc etc... Quite everything.

And one more facinating fact - Sultan wanted to but BMW's concept car - X5 LM with 700 hp under the bonnet. but BMW refured the Sultan's offer and has not sold this car (yet).
tanelvali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 10:22 AM   #38
callen
Regular User

Originally Posted by tanelvali
I red from somwhere last year that sultan has something between 3000 -5000 cars, including 4 saloon ferraris (there was autocar article of this car being auctioned off) - all of them were custom made and they cost like 10M dollars a piece.. What comes to financial crisis then yes, sulta's brother managed to waist nearly 10 BILLION $ USD within 2 years and therefore he was thrown out from the sultanate.....
yes he was sent to england, on ONLY 500,000 a month! he was very sad and complained to the sultan that he needed a million a month AT least! him and the prince jefri were the big buyers of all the cars, and no they arent bankrupt, but the net worth is nearly half after his brothers spending fiasco! some of the cars are being sold, he has flight simulators, among other toys! we should make this the official sultan thread! ill try and find some links later as i have seen pics of the house and parts of the garage....
Old 04-05-2004, 12:02 PM   #39
wilhelm
Regular User

I read some years ago that the sultan had 5000 cars at that point. The article also said that due to the bad economical times in Brunei the sultans four garages (all of them the sizes of warehouses) were closed and the cars just stood there and collected dust.

Anyway 3000 of the cars were sportcars and the other 2000 were luxury cars like rolls royces and bentleys. You've already mentioned some of the cars that he owns like 6 ferrari f50 etc. He also has or had a specially made Bentley Turbo Estate with 4wd. The sultan wanted the car with those specifications because he was going to use when driving to and from polo games and the polofield can be a bit muddy, therefore the 4wd :roll: . He also has some specially made Aston Martins that costed something like 3 million dollars a piece. He also has every years winning F1 cars from at least late 80:s/early 90:s to 2000.

I can also recall him having 80 miles of private higway that went straight ahead all the way. That highway has to go through the whole country because Brunei isn't big.

Before the financial crisis he had salespeople from many carmanufactures employed full time to sell him cars. He bought something 40 Rolls Royces a year so maybe that was necessary. The salesman from Aston Martin got more money than the president of Aston Martin and a Rolex as a welcomegift.

I know more of this guy but it would be to much to write here.
wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 01:12 PM   #40
jorge
Regular User

rare cars!!
jorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 01:42 PM   #41
wilhelm
Regular User

Oh another thing. He has some classic Mercedes 300SL "gullwing". Nothing special with that but he has replaced many of the things in the car including the engine to a modern engine and tecnology from the previous Mercedes SL built in the 90s. I think the original engine was replaced with the SL600 v12-engine. My question is why? Why destroy a nice car like that? I read that he sultan's favourite car is or was at least the Mercedes SL build in the 90s, so maybe thats the answer. He has thousands of great cars and his favourite is the Mercedes SL. I don't think he is that interested in cars. Maybe he has 5000 cars cause he can't be bothered to refuel them. When a car goes out of gas he rather buy a new one with a filled tank than refuel the old one.
wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 02:26 PM   #42
ahmedgiyab
Regular User

Anyone heard about his GOLD F40??????

I saw it like 6 years ago in some newspaper....the whole body is made of GOLD!!!!

What a looser....
Old 04-05-2004, 03:15 PM   #43
bmagni
Regular User

Chaos in 1983! wrote:
He has 5 garages filled with exotics...over 5000 cars...
well that i know he has not over 5000 cars. he has almost 3000 or a little bit over 3000... he has the biggest collection of rolls- like 300 or so... and ferrari has designed several cars just for him

Possessed_beaver wrote:

yeh, dude. all his wealth is from oil.
bruni was nearley bankrupt, before they discovered oil.
some very impressive GPA, because it has such a small population.
its not from oil, its from petroleum... different things
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 03:18 PM   #44
yg60m
Regular User

Not only petroleum but gaz too ...
Old 04-05-2004, 04:11 PM   #45
ahmedgiyab
Regular User

how can he fit 5,000 car on the small island???? its only 21 square km!!! His residence

has over 1,700 rooms!!! There must be lack of space there!!!!